Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

I'm starting new game using this hack. It seems very interesting. Thank you for your hardworking.

Unfortunately I encountered very weird issue.

After I started new game, I input the Arceus & Darkrai code and it works. I found nice lady standing in Pokemon center. But I haven't got them yet. I continued the journey but I couldn't heal my pokes at Pokemon Center. The dialog from poke center girl always stop at 1st welcome message and cannot press A to continue.

I'm currently using RR v2.1 CIA version.

Is there anything I can do?

I'm starting new game using this hack. It seems very interesting. Thank you for your hardworking.

Unfortunately I encountered very weird issue.

After I started new game, I input the Arceus & Darkrai code and it works. I found nice lady standing in Pokemon center. But I haven't got them yet. I continued the journey but I couldn't heal my pokes at Pokemon Center. The dialog from poke center girl always stop at 1st welcome message and cannot press A to continue.

I'm currently using RR v2.1 CIA version.

Is there anything I can do?

Try exporting the save, loading it onto a regular Omega Ruby (not forgetting to back up *that* cartridge first!), see if it works there.

Try exporting the save, loading it onto a regular Omega Ruby (not forgetting to back up *that* cartridge first!), see if it works there.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Ughh. I did as you suggested but nope, the pokemon center nurse in main OR (update 1.4) cannot proceed her dialog neither.

I'm out of luck now?

EDIT:: nvm. I found the root cause of this. One of pokemon in my current missing the pokeball data on pkhex. So I deleted him and it working fine now.

Edited by sudloa

Hey Folks

Dio_Vento, thankyou for putting that much effort into those hacks. Really appreciate it.

I have one little problem with my installation. I double checked every point of your installation including HANS. If i start HB on my New3ds and want to play the game, I just get the normal Omega Ruby banner. Ingame has nothing changed. I run it on a 11.0 n3ds system via browserhax.

Maybe some of u can help me out?

Regards

Had something weird happen today, I was catching slowpoke in Mirage Cave (the one with the snarl TM) and when I checked then out in my PC one if then had ... Flash Fire? I'm running Star Sapphire with no further tweaks, not sure how it happened.

Checked again and my other two have Run Away, seems like they have Ponyta/Rapidash's ability pool.

Had something weird happen today, I was catching slowpoke in Mirage Cave (the one with the snarl TM) and when I checked then out in my PC one if then had ... Flash Fire? I'm running Star Sapphire with no further tweaks, not sure how it happened.

Checked again and my other two have Run Away, seems like they have Ponyta/Rapidash's ability pool.

Huh, this must have been a pk3ds export bug. Thankfully, evolving it to Slowbro should fix the ability and make it legal again. Will probably have a fix up soon.

Hey Folks

Dio_Vento, thankyou for putting that much effort into those hacks. Really appreciate it.

I have one little problem with my installation. I double checked every point of your installation including HANS. If i start HB on my New3ds and want to play the game, I just get the normal Omega Ruby banner. Ingame has nothing changed. I run it on a 11.0 n3ds system via browserhax.

Maybe some of u can help me out?

Regards

You did something wrong in rebuilding the rruby.romfs file, or maybe you didn't put it on the SD card in the correct place. It belongs in SD:\hans alongside rruby.code.

Huh, this must have been a pk3ds export bug. Thankfully, evolving it to Slowbro should fix the ability and make it legal again. Will probably have a fix up soon.

Another thing, is the evolution into Slowking glitched as well, I've given 2 slowpoke a kings rock to hold and both have become Slowbro.

Edit: Is there a reason why the Armour Fossil is the only fossil not available in the legit build? Sorry for being a bother, trying to get as many of the legit pokemon as I can for a living Dex.

Edit 2: Although the Root Fossil is available from the fossil event (where you decide between it and the claw fossil), it is also not available in the Legit Build through wild pokemon, since Bonsly and Sudowoodo are not available in regular ORAS.

Edited by Rawbee

Hi, umm, I have a problem and it is probably me just being a failure, but when I attempt to open Rutile Ruby in Homebrew via it's banner or via Hans it does a kind of cmd booting sequence before returning back to the main menu of Homebrew. Initially I had to rename the rruby.romfs and rruby.code in the :sd/hans folder to '000400000011c400' for the banner to even appear on the Homebrew menu if that helps identify the problem. If anyone knows what I have done wrong I really wanna know - this rom hack looks so cool!

^^"

I'm having a problem with randomizing tms. I can edit the ExeFs and everything in PK3DS but when I use the RomFs builder on the "randomized" folder with both romfs_ and exefs in it builds the .romfs file. When I put that in the hans folder on my SDCard Star Sapphire doesn't load. I tried building the .romfs without the exefs folder in the "Randomized" folder then it works fine. If anyone can help me with this and tell me what I'm doing wrong that would be a big help!

Edit 1: Ok now it doesn't load even without rebuilding the "randomized" folder without exefs in it. I extracted the romfs_ folder from romfs.bin and started over but it still doens't work.

Edit 2: Now I can play the game randomized but when I rebuild the .romfs with exefs in the "randomized" folder, it doesn't load so I still can't randomize tms. Also the descriptions of the tms are the randomized descriptions. For example, Rock Tomb has the description of Light Of Ruin. If anyone can help that would be great!

Edit 3: I figured out all I had to do was rename the .code.bin to ssapphire.code. Everything works fine now!

Edited by ninjafish11

First of all; this hack really caught my attention! However, I have a problem launching the hack itself.

I have followed the video tutorial and got to the point where Rutile Ruby appears in Homebrew. However, when I try to launch the hack through HANS, HANS starts up, loads, and the crashes (returns to the main screen of Homebrew). Anyone got any ideas of why this happens?

I finally managed to complete Rutile Ruby and it was a total blast! I was only slightly disappointed in the final fight with Zinnia considering what she used during that first fight... But still awesome nonetheless. I'll definitely be doing another playthrough of this to hold me off until Sun & Moon. Cheers! :grog:

First of all; this hack really caught my attention! However, I have a problem launching the hack itself.

I have followed the video tutorial and got to the point where Rutile Ruby appears in Homebrew. However, when I try to launch the hack through HANS, HANS starts up, loads, and the crashes (returns to the main screen of Homebrew). Anyone got any ideas of why this happens?

This is pretty much the same problem I have - some insight would be nice if anyone knows what is going on ^-^"

I got it working now. It seems the romfs-file was corrupted of some sort during dumping. Check the size of your romfs file Nat1Gamer. It should be around 1,8 GB. Mine (the one I had when the game crashed was 1,1 MB. Redid the process, and now it works like a charm! Amazing game, but god damn, the difficulty level is harsh!!! :D

Hope you get it to work :)

Hi guys, anyone having the same problem? I'm using the "Leveled Build", but I keep encountering post natdex pokemons like Sewaddle and Lillipup in the early road, did I do something wrong? I've made sure to use the leveled build included in this thread's distribution folders, I've even redid the process twice.

My current system version is 11.0.0-33 U, and I'm using menuhax.

Hi guys, anyone having the same problem? I'm using the "Leveled Build", but I keep encountering post natdex pokemons like Sewaddle and Lillipup in the early road, did I do something wrong? I've made sure to use the leveled build included in this thread's distribution folders, I've even redid the process twice.

My current system version is 11.0.0-33 U, and I'm using menuhax.

That's because post game Pokémon are available from the start :)

That's because post game Pokémon are available from the start :)

Oh, I thought that's the purpose for the 679 build, was it not?

Okay, I just read it again and turns out that even the legit build will have the postnat pokemons, sorry and thanks for answering!

So this means there's no way to prevent the postnat poke to appear in this hacks right? If so I'll just limit myself to Hoenn pokemons then.

Sorry for asking this . I play rutile ruby with almost all of them traded pokemon. Because i doesnt like hoenn dex . And thats my probem is. My pokemon now doesnt obey me. And the gym badge doesnt really help. Example . How do i beat gym no 2 with only pokemon level 20 when theyre pokemon is 30 or so. Is there anyway to get gym badge level obedience rise? Like more 10 level or so?

Sorry for asking this . I play rutile ruby with almost all of them traded pokemon. Because i doesnt like hoenn dex . And thats my probem is. My pokemon now doesnt obey me. And the gym badge doesnt really help. Example . How do i beat gym no 2 with only pokemon level 20 when theyre pokemon is 30 or so. Is there anyway to get gym badge level obedience rise? Like more 10 level or so?

If you install the the 679 build, you will have a mix of every gen's pokemon everywhere... that would help in general.

That said, since gen II, I have one 'main game' per generation, wherein I complete the dex and keep all my 'mon, and use competitively, and have a cheap used second console of that gen, and start new games in a secondary game (in gen II I mained Gold and seconded Silver and Crystal), using eggs created in the main, and start new games to train my eggs (I save after each set of five, and soft-reset once I get a keeper, then trade that egg into the new game (having gotten up to getting the 'dex).

TLDR: Make some eggs in a different game, get them close to hatching, then trade them into RR and hatch them there.

Hello i wanted to say a big thanks to you! This is a fantastic romhack, i played mostly all of the difficulty rom hack from 4 to 6 gen and i have to say right now it's the best one :)

I was intimidated to install it since i have a old2DS non hacked to play it, but with hombrew it's actually not really complicated to install and play.

I am 7 badges in, and really loving the experience!

I have noted something weird, on the island before the second badge, you can get with a simple rod frillish a level 55 pokemon(you average level at this point is around 25/30) so i guess that's maybe a mistake? i caught it but didn't use it for the gym.

Also where can we find "alternative balls"? There is only honor and hyper ball in the store.

I really appreciate the price of the items so far, it discourage using revive, but let the game be enjoyable.

Hopefully the future sun and moon hack can be played with the same mean(drag and drop/Hans) especially since i have a mac :)

Lastly is there a way to modify ourselves some part of the game? Mostly texture/skin of the characters. Using Hans.

I need help. I registered to post in this thread because I am having a very awful bug in Star Sapphire that won't let me progress past the credits. The night sky is displayed while the music still plays and repeats (which leads me to believe that the game is soft-locking.) Does anyone know how to fix this?