Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

Can I still play, trade and battle Online while using the "679" version?

Also, I don't think that the 670 build is working for me, for instance there are no Pidgeys nor Rattatas appearing in route 101. I did update the game, should I play without the update?

Edited by vahnkaiser

On 6/11/2015 at 10:24 PM, KashiToxicBlood said:

read the post itself, it says you need gateway

Don't need it. Just install it as a CIA & done. Playable (& acts like a digital copy of the game). I know I'm necroquoting here, but I thought this would be useful information nonetheless...

Edited by coltonsmogon

Edit: Fixed it the Current Version 2.2 for the 679 Build (CFW) has an error, the Code.Bin file included int he download is empty, until OP can fix the error please download another version and navigate to "/Legit/Luma/titles/000400000011c400/" and move code.bin to the appropriate location in your 679 build ("titles/000400000011c400/"). This will fix various issues centered aroudn the pokemart in the 679 build!

Currently playing RR via the CFW drag and drop method and I'm noticing that the Honey thing before your pokedex doesn't work, and the pokemart has it's usual supplies! I've also got UM installed by the same method and the pokemart changes worked on it.

Also I'm doing nuzlocke and loving the brutality!

Edited by corruption44

Hello Goodnight. Sorry. Have you thought of not being able to edit the pokemon, movements and stats? I mean to edit the types of certain pokemon, increase other base stat, change type, and power moves, such as cut .. or edit the learning moves? Or at least that they can capture with their hidden ability and that they have 31 ivs? I say it because it only seems that you edited the teams nadamas, or edited something more? Sorry for the comment but I always had that doubt

Heya. I'm having trouble with this. I have attempted to install the Luma Drag and Drop build. Whenever I boot, I get one of two scenarios:

When booted from a fresh install, it asks me to select a language. Upon doing this, the game simply crashes to a standard Nintendo error screen, claiming that an error has occured and I need to hold down the power button..

Booting when the language has been selected will just result in a crash to the mentioned error screen.

This has been attempted with both a retail and eShop copy. I am on 11.3. My Luma version is 7.0.5.

I have enabled game patching. This doesn't happen with it off.

Edited by GreyMann

I've just started the latest version of Rutile Ruby 679 and in Rusturf Tunnel nothing is appearing except for Whismur, however all other routes so far have the Pokemon mentioned in the encounter list. Is this meant to happen? I'm trying to get Larvitar before Roxanne.

Edited by Gymbro Jones

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Hey, I've got a question Wild pokemon also has altered levels? For example I see that in a zone there are coaches level 40 but the wild pokemon also appear around that level? Or are they much lower ??

I can install the updates?

On 14/05/2017 at 11:19 AM, Gymbro Jones said:

I've just started the latest version of Rutile Ruby 679 and in Rusturf Tunnel nothing is appearing except for Whismur, however all other routes so far have the Pokemon mentioned in the encounter list. Is this meant to happen? I'm trying to get Larvitar before Roxanne.

I have exactly the same problem. Spent half an hour last night trying to get Larvitar, but only saw Whismur (dozens of them). It is normal? Do I need the first badge first?

By the way congrats on your awesome work, that RomHack has been great so far!

On 5/23/2017 at 2:59 AM, nonothebean said:

I have exactly the same problem. Spent half an hour last night trying to get Larvitar, but only saw Whismur (dozens of them). It is normal? Do I need the first badge first?

I too had this issue. It seems there may be a few issues with the v2.2 679 build download for Rutile Ruby (for one, I had to manually modify the link to get the right address). Corruption44 had reported above that he had issues with the pokemart and suggested replacing the code.bin. However, I was able to get the proper behavior from the pokemart in the uploaded build and received honey before I fought May. However, I used a similar approach that corruption44 used to fix the encounter tables, as it seems that the code responsible for modifying the grass was not included in the provided v2.2 build. Instead, it just has the Legit Build, or non-modified, encounter tables. You can add in the 679 modified encounter tables by replacing some of the files from a previous version.

1. Obtain a previous version of the CFW "Compile Your Own" installation. OP posted a reddit thread that contains some older DL links here: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4m7chs/pokémon_rutile_ruby_and_star_sapphire_20_oras/
2. Extract the zip file and navigate to .../Encounter Type/679 Build/
3. Copy the file "a"

4. Navigate on your SD card to /luma/titles/000400000011c400/romfs

5. paste the previously copied "a" file and overwrite existing files.

And that should do it! I was able to find a Larvitar in Rusturf Tunnel after doing this file modification. I can't guarantee that this is a 100% fix, and I would advise looking out for when OP reposts the 679 build.

15 hours ago, Shape Twitty said:

I too had this issue. It seems there may be a few issues with the v2.2 679 build download for Rutile Ruby (for one, I had to manually modify the link to get the right address). Corruption44 had reported above that he had issues with the pokemart and suggested replacing the code.bin. However, I was able to get the proper behavior from the pokemart in the uploaded build and received honey before I fought May. However, I used a similar approach that corruption44 used to fix the encounter tables, as it seems that the code responsible for modifying the grass was not included in the provided v2.2 build. Instead, it just has the Legit Build, or non-modified, encounter tables. You can add in the 679 modified encounter tables by replacing some of the files from a previous version.

1. Obtain a previous version of the CFW "Compile Your Own" installation. OP posted a reddit thread that contains some older DL links here: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4m7chs/pokémon_rutile_ruby_and_star_sapphire_20_oras/
2. Extract the zip file and navigate to .../Encounter Type/679 Build/
3. Copy the file "a"

4. Navigate on your SD card to /luma/titles/000400000011c400/romfs

5. paste the previously copied "a" file and overwrite existing files.

And that should do it! I was able to find a Larvitar in Rusturf Tunnel after doing this file modification. I can't guarantee that this is a 100% fix, and I would advise looking out for when OP reposts the 679 build.

I had to manually edit the download link too.

I did what you suggested and managed to make it work! Thank you so much for your advice, i really hadn't thought about using a former file.

P.S: the exact file to replace is the file "3" in .../Encounter Type/679 Build/a/0/1, and it should be put in /luma/titles/000400000011c400/romfs/a/0/1/

I have not previously used any method save for the CIA method to install Rutile Ruby, when the drag n drop ones were released I decided to switch to it. However when I dropped it and set my settings to enable game patching, it just gets through the boot screen and then nothing. I have code.bin in the folder but it came with the files so I think it's required, anything I can do to fix it? I'm running Luma 8.0

2 hours ago, Boured said:

I have not previously used any method save for the CIA method to install Rutile Ruby, when the drag n drop ones were released I decided to switch to it. However when I dropped it and set my settings to enable game patching, it just gets through the boot screen and then nothing. I have code.bin in the folder but it came with the files so I think it's required, anything I can do to fix it? I'm running Luma 8.0

Try copying the files again, and re-download the pack. You are correct to use the included code.bin, the reason my Sun/Moon hacks don't need code.bin is because Pokemarts are in a cro file instead of as part of the code.bin.

Good evening, excuse that there is probability that I will get a nidoran in the tunnel where the whismur come out? Is that I am playing the star saphire and I really prefer to play the rutile ruby .. more than anything for the magma team, but I wanted to choose from initial to treecko, and as iva to play in nuzlocke mode, roxane becomes difficult if it is not carried To a pokemon with fighting type so. Is it more common for Nidoran to come out or is it pure luck?

4 hours ago, Dio_Vento said:

Try copying the files again, and re-download the pack. You are correct to use the included code.bin, the reason my Sun/Moon hacks don't need code.bin is because Pokemarts are in a cro file instead of as part of the code.bin.

Deleted them, and copied again. The result was the exact same, I do hope it's just me being dumb :P

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2017 at 11:49 AM, whitealcal said:

read the instructions in the .rar..

0. You must be on Luma3DS 7.0+.
1. Hold SELECT while booting your 3DS to open the Luma Configuration menu.
2. Enable "Enable Game Patching".
3. Copy the contents of this file to the root of your 3DS SD Card.
4. Launch Alpha Sapphire normally, it will be modified into Star Sapphire. You can tell based on the Title Screen and Brendan/May's outfit.

These were all that was in the instructions.txt

I want to play SS leveled up to the point where foreigns would be introduced into the game and then swap Luma's patch for the 671 one, reason being, I think the 671 pokemon are truly excessive for Hoenn, but catching them all would be a great post endgame. I've been playing around a bit with it (route 101 only) and so far it doesn't seem to generate any conflicts or anything, Would that be safe to do without screwing up anything?  (was worried about the game crapping up on me and swapping pokemon models... until I found out about Zorua's Illusion -_-).

Edited by Ottomic

• 2 weeks later...