Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

I need help. I registered to post in this thread because I am having a very awful bug in Star Sapphire that won't let me progress past the credits. The night sky is displayed while the music still plays and repeats (which leads me to believe that the game is soft-locking.) Does anyone know how to fix this?

I have the same bug, i finished the game Twice got it twice, another bug is sometime when i use the dex nav to check the rematch trainer the game freeze.

Aside from this, i finally finished the game and completed the round 2 of the elite 4.

Few suggestions:

Change the team of zinnia of the first encounter to the second, i think it may have been a mistake because the first time you battle her, she is really strong, and the second time it's more like a normal battle.

I hope gamefreak replicate the horde battle you created in the detla episode, in some sort of challenge mode lmao.

But again this is really the best rom hack i have played so congrat man.

I have the same bug, i finished the game Twice got it twice, another bug is sometime when i use the dex nav to check the rematch trainer the game freeze.

Aside from this, i finally finished the game and completed the round 2 of the elite 4.

Few suggestions:

Change the team of zinnia of the first encounter to the second, i think it may have been a mistake because the first time you battle her, she is really strong, and the second time it's more like a normal battle.

I hope gamefreak replicate the horde battle you created in the detla episode, in some sort of challenge mode lmao.

But again this is really the best rom hack i have played so congrat man.

Did you do anything in particular to fix it or is it just luck?

Did you do anything in particular to fix it or is it just luck?

No, it just kinda crashed my game, but since it happen at time where the game automatically save and there is nothing after(it's a reboot the the title screen), so just reload the game and continue.

No, it just kinda crashed my game, but since it happen at time where the game automatically save and there is nothing after(it's a reboot the the title screen), so just reload the game and continue.

Damn. I'm always freezing right before the May fight so I can't actually finish the credits. I'm trapped it seems...

Hi there!

I just want to share my experience with this ROM hack, is it okay to dump it here?

First of all, let me say this ROM is FANTASTIC. I've switched to 679 build shortly after my last post and decided to play this ROM hack as it was designed, all pokemon unlocked. After all, the encounters are very well designed and I felt I'd disregard the creator's effort of designing them if I didn't use them.

I've never tampered with homebrew nor ROM hack previously and frankly, I was afraid I'd end up unsuccessful setting up the homebrew, or not enjoying this and stopped midway. I had my doubts at first and had a hard time to decide whether I should buy a copy of Omega Ruby to play this. Yes, this ROM hack pushed me to buy a copy of the real game! If this is the case with many other players, Nintendo should be proud of you, heck, I wish they'd hire you for their game designer! :biggrin:

Speaking of game design, I can see a lot of thoughts were put into designing the teams and battles, I've only beaten the 5th gym as of current, but I have a few moments I'd like to share:

WARNING! This below here are spoilers for those who have yet played this ROM hack.

• I really like the thoughts you put into the team designs, even to the random trainers, I was really surprised that the first Mega Evolution to appear showed up long before even the first gym leader that have them! And actually, this makes sense, since the Mega Stones are scattered everywhere in the world and it's should be unsurprising that normal, random trainers can have them. After all, it's just like what the guide says: every trainer have the same chance as you to become a strong trainer.

• The Gym Leaders are very fun while also terrifying, I've never thought I'd have so many troubles and lost against them! Brawly's team in particular terrorize me so much to the point I had to caught an Emolga for my temporary 5th team member! Norman is also a beast, he's the one that gave me the most trouble by far. His Slaking is unexpectedly terrifying, able to take down my Skarmory with ineffective attack!

• Aside from the Gym Leaders, the Ace Trainers also quite fearsome. One specific Ace Trainer, the one who used a Flame Orb Sigilyph and Mega Aerodactyl pushed my team so hard it was horrifying.

• Tabitha's main is Emboar, nuff said.

• The increased the difficulty also (unintentionally) altered some parts of the story's context to a more serious feel and make it more enjoyable. Notable part is the Team Magma grunts duo in the Oceanic Museum, the first grunt who used "Simple" Numel and Magmar said it was impossible for him to be beaten by a kid, while the second grunt self proclaiming as future Ace employs a more complex strategy using Toxic Spikes and Venoshock. While the writing is still the same, in the original game the context are more humorous, but in this ROM hack it makes them as if they are truly strong trainers each with their own personality and strategy and establishes Team Magma as a group not to be underestimated.

• Speaking of which, the guide is also fantastic. I enjoyed reading them and feel disheartened when I arrived at the last page available, I'm really looking forward to the completion of the guide! :biggrin:

All in all, this ROM hack has rekindled my passion for Pokemon games! Ruby Sapphire has always been my favorite and this ROM hack further increased my love for this gen! It's been a long time since last I've played a game that compelled me to stayed up all night long to keep playing! Many thanks to you and this ROM hack, Dio Vento, I'll be looking forward to your next work for Sun and Moon! :biggrin:

P.S.

One thing though, one trainer on the route 115, the Pokemon Collector, only have a level 24 or so Seviper, while the other trainers in the area has 2-3 pokemons with a level about 60 in comparison. I don't know whether it's a bug, forgotten, or intended as it is though.

I'm having a huge problem. I'm very new to homebrewing and I set it up specifically to play rutile ruby and Neo Y. For some reason, every time i go to use Braindump, it errors and the bottom screen turns yellow. clearly I'm doing something wrong, but I've searched everywhere and I cannot get a straight answer. Can i please get some help?

Sorry for asking this . I play rutile ruby with almost all of them traded pokemon. Because i doesnt like hoenn dex . And thats my probem is. My pokemon now doesnt obey me. And the gym badge doesnt really help. Example . How do i beat gym no 2 with only pokemon level 20 when theyre pokemon is 30 or so. Is there anyway to get gym badge level obedience rise? Like more 10 level or so?

Either don't use traded pokemon or use PKhex to edit them to be "yours" so they don't get bonus EXP anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, okay, so something kinda interesting I've noticed... Your 'new' guide has correct encounter tables, but is missing one or two areas, and the old one is off. I'm sure you know this, but in case anybody else is using them I think I should say something. One thing, however, is the Armor Fossil. I have hunted quite a few Shelmet, and not one has held the Armor Fossil, and I have no idea where I would find Excavalier. So, I'm beginning to think it's not on Shelmet, but maybe Karrablast? I'me about to do some testing, but thought you might want to know if you don't already.

Hey,

I have been having a lot of problems with Homebrew on my Old 3ds XL (v. 11.1.0-34U) After 7 hours of researching i got the homebrew launcher to work. so i tried to dump my Alpha Sapphire hard copy with Braindump, as instructed in the Video Tutorial on youtube, but as you might have guessed it didn't work. When i use Braindump and point it to my AS copy, it crashes with a yellow (occasionally green) bottom screen accompanied by a glitchy top screen. It never gives me an error message or anything... what am i doing wrong? maybe there are some solutions? is this even the correct place to post this issue? help ;-;

I started playing Star Sapphire using the hans method to launch SS through homebrew. I'm now wanting to transfer my save over to the .cia version I installed to the main 3DS menu using FBI. I have A9LH installed on my O3DS xl on 11.1.0.34

I've tried transferring my main file using svdt, but it says the save is not compatible with the version and cannot be used. I'm getting this message with no Alpha Sapphire updates installed and on the latest version.

I feel like I'm missing an obvious solution, but does anyone have feedback on how I could transfer my save from my homebrew install to my CFW+CIA?

Hey, so ran into something else kinda interesting. So I never did find the fossil on the Shelmet, so I don't think it has it anymore. And second, I seem to freeze when I enter the Inner Cavern in the Shoal Cave, not sure if someone else has mentioned it, but thought I would regardless.

EDIT: It would appear it only freezes if you try to enter the Inner Cavern in Shoal Cave if it's High Tide, so you can go grab that stuff in the non mod pretty easily.

EDIT 2: As to not double post. So, it would appear that my game freezes now when I try to enter the AreaNav screen? Not sure about fly, but twice now I've clicked AreaNav and it's crashed.

Edited by Ashiaka
  • Thanks 1

I´ve begun playing star sapphire in 3ds this week , and i need to say that´s stupidly hard to beat the 1st gym -.- , i´ve already tried 2x and i can´t pass lileep , the pokemon are ridiculous OP , i´ve only beated Shuckle with my Tympole 19 , the rest lost.

IK this modification on gym leaders and difficulty is to stay more interesting but i think that´s a bit exaggerated .

btw i´ve never seen poke with stat def and sp.def above 150 and the rest of their stats are shit , shuckle is one example of that.

Hey, so ran into something else kinda interesting. So I never did find the fossil on the Shelmet, so I don't think it has it anymore. And second, I seem to freeze when I enter the Inner Cavern in the Shoal Cave, not sure if someone else has mentioned it, but thought I would regardless.

EDIT: It would appear it only freezes if you try to enter the Inner Cavern in Shoal Cave if it's High Tide, so you can go grab that stuff in the non mod pretty easily.

EDIT 2: As to not double post. So, it would appear that my game freezes now when I try to enter the AreaNav screen? Not sure about fly, but twice now I've clicked AreaNav and it's crashed.

Seconding this as well. Just caught Kyogre on Star Sapphire and now tapping on AreaNav crashes the game instantly.

EDIT: I reloaded a backup save that still had the AreaNav working. I can confirm that the AreaNav works up until Kyogre is captured/defeated, then after the cutscene it will always crash the game when tapped on the touchscreen.

Edited by Jayc

Hi i'm having a major problem i just updated my 3ds firmware, but i still have a way to use homebrew. Though every time i try to either do braindump for omega ruby. Use my old romfs files with Hans i keep getting a yellow screen any help would be great thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

• Obtain a .cia or .3ds ROM of Pokémon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. This can be done by dumping your legitimate cartridge or eShop copy of the game. Some ROMs on file-sharing sites are "trimmed" and will not work with this tutorial.

• Uninstall any Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire updates you have on your 3DS.

• Download and extract the .zip file for the hack you want to play from the bottom of this thread.

• Copy the "Decrypt9WIP" folder from the Distribution Pack's "CIA Tools" folder to your 3DS's /3ds folder.

• Decrypt your ROM with Decrypt9 and put it in the Distribution Pack's "CIA Tools/Asia81 Hacking Toolkit v5.3" folder.

• Run "SetupUS.exe".

• Run "HackingToolkit3DS.exe"

• Enter CE to extract a .cia ROM or D to extract a .3ds ROM.

• Copy the contents of "/CIA Tools/exefs" to the newly generated "ExtractedExeFS" folder. Overwrite everything. If an ExtractedExeFS folder was not generated, you used a "trimmed" CIA file from a pirate site. Rip your own or find a different download, I am not going to help you pirate OR/AS.

• Copy the "a" folder from the Distribution Pack's "romfs" folder to the "ExtractedRomFS" folder. Overwrite everything.

• If you want to use the Leveled or 679 Builds, copy the "a" folder from "Encounter Type/Leveled Build" or "Encounter Type/679 Build" into the "ExtractedRomFS" folder. Do this after you complete the previous step, not instead of it!

• Now is when you can use PK3DS to randomize your game if you want to. I recommend using the Leveled or 679 Build as a base if you intend to randomize.

• Run "HackingToolkit3DS.exe" again.

• Enter CR to build a .cia file. You can now delete everything in the "Asia81 Hacking Toolkit v5.3" folder except your new .cia and "HackingToolkit3DS.exe".

• Copy this .cia file and the "CIA Tools/Online_Patch_xxx.cia" file for your region to your 3DS SD Card.

• Install both .cia files with FBI, and enjoy the game!

• The game will still tell you there's an update, just decline it and play.

I followed these instructions exactly for 4 different .cia files, one of which was from a dump of a friend's cartridge, but the Star Sapphire 679 build always errors in FBI with 'Invalid NCCH'. I assume that one of the 679 build's files is corrupt or something. I tried in Gateway mode and in NTR mode; both have the same issue. I'm going to try the Leveled build now, and I'll post here with my results afterward.

I followed these instructions exactly for 4 different .cia files, one of which was from a dump of a friend's cartridge, but the Star Sapphire 679 build always errors in FBI with 'Invalid NCCH'. I assume that one of the 679 build's files is corrupt or something. I tried in Gateway mode and in NTR mode; both have the same issue. I'm going to try the Leveled build now, and I'll post here with my results afterward.

It seems to be a Gateway problem, since the Leveled build has the same problem for me. Does anyone know which CFW is best for running SS as a .cia?

First of all this is amazing work you did i definitely enjoy the game way more like this the increased difficulty is great.

According to the "list of altered encounter tables" that was posted i should be able to find a houndour in the fiery path and a riolu in the meteor falls but i've caught every pokemon i could in those 2 areas and some of those that were in the list weren't there for me. Have i misunderstood something about it or is there something extra i need to do to get these 2, i started playing the game with the idea of getting both of them for my team so it's quite annoying for me to find out i can't actually get them if that would be the case.

Thanks in advance for any information or help anyone can provide.

EDIT: nvm i was being a complete moron and had the wrong build installed

Edited by Trickes

Can somebody help me? I'm not sure if it is the game or the emulator that is the problem, but I am using citra to play the Pokemon Rutile Ruby and for some reason the emulator crashes so either the emulator cannot read something within the game properly or the game has a bug that was missed. The crash happens at the same location of the game constantly so maybe it is the game I am not sure I am no programmer. Anyways I always crash right about when I'm about to fight the first trainer I encounter right after leaving for the first time Slateport city. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Emulator: Citra JIT Unofficial (Sept 8)

P.S. I'm not sure where I should have posted this sorry wasn't exactly sure where to post it if not here can someone redirect me to the proper location.