PokeCrafter (Gen 3 Save Editor)

ertaboy356b

Hello, I've been lurking in this forums for a long time.

After the boom of emulators for android, me and my friends started playing GBA pokemon games in our phones. The emulator has a link feature so we are able to do link-battles using our phones. The problem is, it took us a long time to train our pokemon. Not only that, making it learn the preferred set of moves is difficult.

So I searched around for a Pokemon GBA Editor. I found Pokemon Enciclopedia. It was good, the only problem is, it's in spanish and for some reason, if you put the program and its resources in a zip file, it modifies some file names within the program making it crash after unzipping it on another computer.

In the end, I decided to do a research around across many forums including bulbapedia and manage to create this Gen 3 Save Editor. I wasn't aware of A-Save that time so I went ahead and just finished it.

This program is coded in C# and WPF. Also this program uses SQLite, Caliburn.Micro, and NHibernate.

Changelog

v1.04 - 5/24/2015 (GMT +8)

- Added Pokedex Editor

- Fixed a bug that when loading an Emerald game, the program identifies it as Ruby/Sapphire

v1.03 - 5/20/2015 (GMT +8)

- Added 'Default' button when naming a pokemon

- Added Contest Stats Editor

- Redesigned Markings

- Added Pokerus

- Fixed 'Items' in Ruby/Sapphire

- Devised a way to correctly detect the Game code of the save file

- Added GC Met Locations

v1.02 - 5/14/2015 (GMT +8)

- Added Limit to movepool when editing movesets.

- Shedinja 1 HP Rule.

- Added Markings.

- Fateful Enc. and Obedience now switches each other if Mew or Deoxys has been selected.

- An egg indicator has been added. If pokemon is egg, the friendship field is replaced with a Steps to Hatch field.

- Fixed a bug where Fateful Encounter is not carried over when saving an edited pokemon.

- Fixed a bug where the save file becomes corrupted after adding a new pokemon to the party.

- Added an option to use "PSavFix" program for additional checksum check (PokeCrafter already has a built-in checksum calculator though it may sometimes fail due to some changes I made to the code base.).

v1.01 - 5/11/2015 (GMT +8)

- Selected gender refreshes after selecting a pokemon specie.

- Made buttons smaller for pokemon data edit.

- Import, Export, and Save Edit button has been compressed into a single button via context menu

* Fixes bug that duplicates Trainer Info Data on Load

- Added Remove Pokemon Function

- Pokemon Party is automatically sorted

- Team Size indicator (this one is automatic so you wouldn't have to worry about it)

- Added 'box name' support and a byte 'wallpaper' support for storage box

- 64KB Support (needs more tests)

- Added 'version' indicator

Screenshots: (v1.0)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Download Link (v1.04)

Archive

Edited by ertaboy356b
update to 1.04

This looks absolutely beautiful. A-Save actually has all the features I need but I'm not too fond of its GUI, might as well try your tool!

Thanks for trying out the tool. Some 64kb support would be great but sadly, I don't know the reason why the program is unable to map properly in 64kb mode.

Great tool and design :)

May I suggest something ? Could you implement the setting obediance/disobediance ?

And is it possible to make it support extended moves/abilities/items ? Like if I added a new item in my rom it just display "item 226", or if my pokémon have a new move it display "move 368" instead of a blank thing. Could be very, very useful :)

Thank's in advance, and good job for what you already done anyway

Great tool and design :)

May I suggest something ? Could you implement the setting obediance/disobediance ?

And is it possible to make it support extended moves/abilities/items ? Like if I added a new item in my rom it just display "item 226", or if my pokémon have a new move it display "move 368" instead of a blank thing. Could be very, very useful :)

Thank's in advance, and good job for what you already done anyway

Hi, thanks for trying out the tool. For the obedience/disobedience, I think the data is the same with the fateful encounter field, not sure though. For the extended item/moves support, I'll try to add it up but that's not a guarantee.

Great work!!

I reported some bugs:

Ruby/Sapphire all type items are not displayed correctly

Pokemon Egg info is missing

Colosseum/XD met location is not showed correctly (met location value have 2 descriptions: one for GBA and another for NGC; I have all correct locations for Distand Land pokemon if you want)

Great work!!

I reported some bugs:

Colosseum/XD met location is not showed correctly (met location value have 2 descriptions: one for GBA and another for NGC; I have all correct locations for Distand Land pokemon if you want)

Hi, thanks for trying out the tool, I have some questions:

Do you mean the Type-Enhancing items? Do you have a save file in RS? Can you please send it to me so I can work on it?

This one has been added to the code, it will be in the next release.

Colosseum/XD met location is not showed correctly (met location value have 2 descriptions: one for GBA and another for NGC; I have all correct locations for Distand Land pokemon if you want

I wasn't able to consider the GameCube games because I am using an Emerald save file during development. Also, I haven't played any GameCube pokemon games before. Please send me the data and I will add it to the database. Thanks.

Sorry for late reply.

Still missing info of the Pokemon like:

-Contest Condition (COOL/BEAUTY/CUTE/SMART/TOUGH/PokeBlock)

-Pokerus (Infected/Cured)

-Ribbons

Here my Sapphire save for check the item issues and the GBA-NGC Location File.

[ATTACH]12312[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12311[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the sapphire save. I have isolated the problem with the items and found out that the problem was due to an incorrect address. I also found out that the error was caused by an error in bulbapedia's documentation of the save data. Also, thanks to this, I was able to reliably devised a way to properly identify which game the save file was based.

The above changes will be in the next version. Thanks a lot mate :D.

Updated to 1.03

changes:

- Added 'Default' button when naming a pokemon

- Added Contest Stats Editor

- Redesigned Markings

- Added Pokerus

- Fixed 'Items' in Ruby/Sapphire

- Devised a way to correctly detect the Game code of the save file

- Added GC Met Locations

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As a application programmer I can say this is an absolutely beautifully designed program! Seriously it looks incredible and the UI is well laid out. Would you consider releasing the source code for your program? I'd love to take a look at it and maybe combine it with PkmGCSaveEditor (For the GameCube Games) to make a convenient trading program between the two.

Updated to 1.04

changes:

- Added Pokedex Editor

- Fixed a bug that when loading an Emerald game, the program identifies it as Ruby/Sapphire

Could you share the method you use to identify a rs/e save? Or is it savegame detection?

• 1 month later...

Hey thanks for such an awesome program. I want to let you know that I created a program based off of yours for legit play. I used some of your source since I had trouble reading the save format earlier on and I implemented some of your nice looking UI features. I also want to let you know that one of your GAEM orderings is incorrect and it's causing certain Pokemon to be corrupted on encryption.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This program is streamlined and really easy to navigate-- however! I'm in the same boat as Edvin. 2 of my Unowns were corrupted and changed into Hitmonchans at Lvl 0. My lvl 63 Kingdra was corrupted and changed into a Solrock lvl 100. Anyone experiencing these problems too? If so please let me know if I'm doing something wrong (clicking in the wrong place?) or please suggest a better save editor. And please, not PKX Delta. It deleted a bunch of my Pokemon because I guess it couldn't handle a space in the box? I'm about to check out A-Save though.

This program is streamlined and really easy to navigate-- however! I'm in the same boat as Edvin. 2 of my Unowns were corrupted and changed into Hitmonchans at Lvl 0. My lvl 63 Kingdra was corrupted and changed into a Solrock lvl 100. Anyone experiencing these problems too? If so please let me know if I'm doing something wrong (clicking in the wrong place?) or please suggest a better save editor. And please, not PKX Delta. It deleted a bunch of my Pokemon because I guess it couldn't handle a space in the box? I'm about to check out A-Save though.

Can always try PKHeX