Flintiex

Pokemon Neo X - Neo Y

Base Game: Pokemon X/Y

Current Version: 1.4

Released: 5/6/15

Updated: 21/5/16

neo2-png.19125

-removed, when it contains files from the rom-

Neo X & Neo Y are rom hacks of Pokemon X and Y designed to offer the player greater difficulty through expanded trainers and better variety through edited wild Pokemon encounters along with a plethora of other features. NeoX&Y are pretty much identical at this stage.

Full and Lite Versions

• Full version contains all the features mentioned below
  • Lite version contains only edited trainers and wild Pokemon encounters
006-mx.pngMain Features:006-mx.png
  • Trainers
    - A more consistent but much harder level curve to greatly increase difficulty
    - Many trainers now have a greater amount of Pokemon with custom movesets, higher IVs and items
    - Gym leaders have been significantly upgraded. The get progressively tougher in terms of amount of Pokemon, IVs, Mega-Evolution, movesets and items
    - There are a greater number of rotation, double and triple battles
  • Pokemon (See documentation for detailed information)
    - All 721 Pokemon now available in one playthrough. All areas now offer much greater variety
    - All previously unavailable Pokemon are now included - Eg; Rattata
    - Most Pokemon now have easy access to their Hidden abilities. Pokemon who had comparatively non-beneficial abilities have been given a new set entirely
    - Many Pokemon have had their stats slightly edited to make them comparatively viable; Some have also had their typing edited Eg; Golduck is now Water/Psychic
    - A lot of Pokemon have had their level up moveset edited to either match that of ORAS or improve those who didn't have a great moveset to begin with
    A few moves themselves have been edited. Disarming voice and Bubble/bubblebeam are now Physical moves because the game severely lacked physical moves for Water and Fairy Pokemon making them useless in the beginning of the game. HMs such as cut have had their typing changed and BP boosted
    - Pokemon who needed to be traded to evolve can now be evolved by alternate methods (usually by level up)
    - Pokemon who can mega evolve such as Mawile will have a small chance of carrying their respective stone
    - All Pokemon eggs now hatch extremely quickly
  • Storyline

- Team flare have a new ranking order (Leader Lysandre - Deputy Leader Xerosic - four Elemental admins - Commanders - Grunts)
    - Elemental admins are much stronger and use diverse teams according to their element
    - You now have more battles with Shauna, Tierno and Trevor. Most of these are optional and are initiated by seeking out and talking to trainers in areas - Eg; Santalune Forest
Free_use_Pokeball_icon_by_steffne.gifScreenshotsFree_use_Pokeball_icon_by_steffne.gif

24e5rgo.png

077.pngInstall Guide077.png

There's a written guide in the download section along with a video guide. Don't ask about roms here they are banned - google is your friend

120.pngCredits:

• Kaphotics for the amazing work on PK3DS and the ProjectPokemon community which made this project possible!
  • Asia81 for the effort and simplicity of making it possible to decompress the games and allow me to edit them!
  • SciresM for the 3ds rom builder!
  • SMOKE for having the amazing patience to help with a very tedious game-breaking bug!
  • Kashitoxicblood for the banner!
  • Gudenaurock for the custom patcher!
  • Shadowtrance for screenshots!
  • GamingAori for bug testing
  • Ericzander for helping with guide and making a video tutorial!
  • Mg1189 for documentation

040.pngHelp:

• You will need a Gateway or Homebrew

icon-ledian.pngBugs:

• Talking to trainers post-battle sometimes will bring up empty bubbles, ignore.
  • Have at least two Pokemon in your team for Viola or the game will crash

026.pngChangelog:

• 1.4 - The following pokemon have had their typings reverted
    Vulpix, Ninetales, Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, elekid, electabuzz, electivire, magby, magmar, magmortar, chikorita, bayleef, Sunflora, Dunsparce, Sceptile, whismus, loudred, exploud, absol, huntail, gorebyss, buneary ,finneon, lumineon, phione, manaphy, shaymin, purrloin, liepard, deerling, sawsbuck, goomy, sliggoo, goodra
    Fennekin, Braixen & Delphox ability has been changed to Regenerator/Magic Guard
    Blastoise learns flash cannon at level 39
    Fixed low level Flare battles in The pokefactory + Fixed high level grunt outside the powerplant
    Removed most flare rotation/triple battles
    Added 10% of encountering pikachu on route 7 (yellow flowers)
  • Like 5

This is absolutely stunning. I thank you for this effort you did, sadly I wont be able to play it because I dont have a gateway or anything like that, however I'm thrilled to see Youtubers put their hands on this.

Again, thank you, and please continue!

Thanks Alpha! I Hope this will further help fuel interest for 6th gen hacking along with making X and Y a much more interesting experience!

Now. With this hack. Do I have to put this onto my 3DS SD card? Since It's a rar file. I mean. I don't have Winrar. Anymore. But. I used to though

Now. With this hack. Do I have to put this onto my 3DS SD card? Since It's a rar file. I mean. I don't have Winrar. Anymore. But. I used to though

Download 7zip and never have to deal with winrar again. The archive has an executable patcher which runs against an unpacked ROM directory. The ROM can be rebuilt again as a .3DS (RedCard) or a .CIA (SD Card for a CIA installer). This requires a Gateway!

Download 7zip and never have to deal with winrar again. The archive has an executable patcher which runs against an unpacked ROM directory. The ROM can be rebuilt again as a .3DS (RedCard) or a .CIA (SD Card for a CIA installer). This requires a Gateway!

I have Windows 8.1. Actually. So. 7-Zip is already installed with that. And also. I still have both of my Gateway carts with Me

For make a patch, it's easy ?

Without share the full game in .3ds (Because It's even not allowed) ?

I'm near to finish my AS hack

Hey Asia81, I'd highly recommend using Patch maker for 3DS hack patches it's very easy to setup and very easy to use! I look forward to seeing your AS hack it's great we're putting out there content in response to the amount of effort that's gone into research and tools for 6th gen.

For now, yes but what I will do is when the game reaches a point of stability and all bugs/errors are fixed I'll make a patch that works directly on the 3DS rom itself instead of the 'a' folder which will simplify the process. Also the banner is a good idea I hadn't thought of that, is it possible?

I really need to see some gameplays or images, I don't have a Gateway because my 3DS in on 9.5.0-22, but someday I really wish play this game :D

Thanks! Hoping to get some screenshots in within a few days once things stablise!

Note:The download has been updated along with the main post for the release of the lite version.

Hey Flintiex, first , thanks for made this hack rom. Can someone here can upload full rom [not patches] in Mega or another server ? send a pm, if you not upload here for the rules...

I really apreciate play this rom, for my channel on youtube... thanks for made this.... and sorry for my english i'm brazilian

So uh, I loaded this up, picked the female trainer, and picked Fennekin. Then the game just soft locked. Was using Y patch 1.5 and version 1.05 of Neo Y. I manually installed by copy pasting the contents of 1.05 romfs into a and then full version of 1.05 romfs (in that order since it was unclear what exactly to put into it) into a as well replacing any files needed. It was working somewhat since I saw the altered dialogue, but for whatever reason it just stopped as soon as it went back to overworld after I picked Fennekin.

Edit: Same thing with male trainer. Starter doesn't seem to affect it...

So uh, I loaded this up, picked the female trainer, and picked Fennekin. Then the game just soft locked. Was using Y patch 1.5 and version 1.05 of Neo Y. I manually installed by copy pasting the contents of 1.05 romfs into a and then full version of 1.05 romfs (in that order since it was unclear what exactly to put into it) into a as well replacing any files needed. It was working somewhat since I saw the altered dialogue, but for whatever reason it just stopped as soon as it went back to overworld after I picked Fennekin.

Edit: Same thing with male trainer. Starter doesn't seem to affect it...

Delete all your patches for y then run the game, if it doesn't work still then try install 1.1 and try that etc etc up to 1.4. I think it's to do with patch 1.5.

EDIT: I've discovered this is a game breaking bug only found in the full version. I will look into what's causing this but for now feel free to use the lite version. I would glady appreciate if you wish to help as a tester to help me with this issue?

Edited by Flintiex

Your banner for X and Y

banner.bin and icon.bin

http://jheberg.net/captcha/banner-2/

Thank you very much! :smile: Would you know anything on how to solve this problem; my hack works with 1.5 patch but the patch is overriding the wild encounters edits I've made. The trainer battles are as they should be but not wild encounters they are the same as the original?