pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a table of what the flags for moves are uploaded anywhere?

Does Mega Launcher have the moves it affects coded into it, or is there some flag on moves that identifies them as pulse moves?

Hi, couple questions

So I want to randomize story text just like SleepyJirachi does in his LP, but I'm not sure how. I "think" I have the latest version of PK3DS (I have the one from 12/11/15)

but there doesn't seem to be an option to randomize the story text. I know you can go in and manually edit it (which is what I'mm assuming most people have to do) but I'd like to completely randomize it. For those unsure of what I mean, here's a link

Second, are you able to encounter megas in the wild with the normal randomize feature? Or do you have to manually edit formes? And do you have to manually edit if certain pokemon will mega evolve at a gym?

Third, How do you increase the amount of moves pokemon can learn? (ie vaporeon stops learning moves at 45) I want to edit it to 65 or 70 but everytime I do, it reverts to 45?

And last, are all scripted battles always the same? (ie Kyogre/Groudon @ CoO, Poochyena and Ralts etc)

Thanks in advance c:

You can edit these, but it will crash (hence the warning) if you don't run the Luma3DS or ReiNAND CFWs.

I haven't heard of Luma3DS, I just have PK3DS and Ohana

Also I have no clue about CFWs or anything beyond just randomizing wild encounters. So I'm a bit stupid

Edited by twitchchibi

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a way to randomize the pokemon models or textures? I try using the GARC randomizer tool on 0/0/8 where they are located in ORAS, but it says that the garc is prevented from being randomized. Any way to get around this or randomize it?

I know it's possible, one of the LPers I follow just started a game where he randomized them so as to be nightmarish (

)

When I made some changes to the text recently I noticed that the in-game gender indicators for Pokemon were much smaller and squished than they usually are. Narrowed the cause of this down to importing any kind of text, even if the gender symbols aren't changed in any way. Is it possible to fix this? I would love to make changes to text without causing the gender symbols to look really strange.

Is there a way to make a pokemon evolve into a mega evolution pokemon?

also, is there a way to make a pokemon mega evolve into any pokemon?

i tried, but it seems that you can only mega evolve pokemon that has "alternate forms", and you can only mega evolve pokemon into other pokemon, but not mega evo pokemon

Hey,

I've been trying around with your program, actually only in order to see what GARCs it edits for which purpose (because I like doing those things in the Hex-Editor^^)

Well, anyway, when I tried to edit an evolution and let Blastoise evolve into Arceus on Level 37, it did work, but the Arceus was set on Level 32.

Then I went ahead and edited the EXP-Yield-Rate from Arceus to match Blastoise's (Medium-Slow), as well as the Base EXP (both are on 239 now), but it didn't solve the problem.

I also tried to do that with pk3DS, but the result was still the same, which wasn't surprising tho, bc what I did in the Hex Editor turned out to be the same as what your program does.

One thought I had was that maybe the update overrides it, so I packed my changes into a custom 1.5-Update-CIA and installed it, still didn't work

Any ideas how that could be solved?

Thanks in advance

(Pokemon Y Update 1.5)

^I have made a hack that connects to the Internet by repacking the newest update's CIA and using these files to combine+replace the repacked game CIA's files before making my changes. The resulting hack still asks for an update, but works perfectly.

So I'm editing pokemon omega ruby and i can't for the life of me figure out how to change enemy trainer names. I've seen it done in pokemon neo x so i should be able to do it here right? Any help would be appreciated. Having custom names for the other trainers would be really cool for my game.

So I'm editing pokemon omega ruby and i can't for the life of me figure out how to change enemy trainer names. I've seen it done in pokemon neo x so i should be able to do it here right? Any help would be appreciated. Having custom names for the other trainers would be really cool for my game.

Game Text editor.