RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works like a charm! Thank you so much for all your efforts. :)

However, I have a question, but I don't know if this is the right place to ask... Since now we can edit much aspects from our save files through PKHeX and reinject them through Ram2Sav, I was wondering about one thing, it's a minor detail, I know.

In online battles, we can set the music that will play; but since Ho-Oh and Lugia have their exclusive battle themes, an Omega Ruby player can't use the Lugia theme in online battles (since Lugia isn't obtainable in OR) - the same for Alpha Sapphire players that can't use the Ho-Oh theme.

Assuming both themes are in both versions, maybe it's possible to just unlock these themes through PkHeX in some way?

Just a silly question, I know. Thanks in advance to everyone. And sorry for my English mistakes.

Yay, I got this method to work. Though I wonder should it be mentioned that in the root directory of the SD card, aside from folders, you should only have the rsavin and rsavout files when using this method for the first time? Just in case others tried to use the single pokemon injection method first and had the files from that still on their sd card.

If you attempted to acquire the save and something went aMuk (say you recieved a green screen) you'll have to do it again. I would recommend deleting your browser history and cookies, even the ramsav to be safe, and trying again.

EDIT: I had a similar issue when I went to update mine (that's all :P).

EDIT2: Looks like I may have to take off now; just wanted to thank SciresM. :)

EDIT3: You only needed to clear cookies/history and try the ramsav again if you had a green screen after you input the URL; to clarify (lol).

i have green screens every time i do it and it works fine with omega ruby, the only problem is with X :) i get empty boxes and everything in pkhex is empty...

i have deleted everyother exploit and the browsing history plus the cookies, but the green screen still happens :(

Oh and i forgot to ask is it ok to import some1elses save???

If you attempted to acquire the save and something went aMuk (say you recieved a green screen) you'll have to do it again. I would recommend deleting your browser history and cookies, even the ramsav to be safe, and trying again.

A green screen is actually the way my thing says "this worked!"

A red screen is what you want to avoid.

Tried this method with my 3ds xl + OR it completely works, you even could inject wondercards using this methods.

But i still can't get my save X save file, its just blank.

btw, need help.

could we do this method on 2ds? since my 2ds is currently working on v6.xx

if it wont work then i'll not update my 2ds system

and if it will work, could you tell me how to update my 2ds system to 9.2 not to 9.4?

thanks

Support was just added for two more versions of XY. If you're getting blank boxes, update PKHeX and try again. If you still get blank boxes after that, please PM me your ramsav.bin so support can be added.

Also, please remember to delete your ramsav.bin off your sd card before changing versions.

And now we sit back and watch as PowerSaves/CyberGadget slowly go out of business. :creep:

Thanks for the hard work. Even if I can't use this, I would have if I didn't own a flashcart. (although this could be one way of converting the 6.x save encrypted saves into flashcart saves. But SaveDataFiler support is still being worked on. Hope that gets fixed soon. :D )

The vast majority of Pokemon players don't own one like me, so this definitely will help a ton of people. I can see this becoming a thing for other games too pretty soon. :D

Support for your version of X was just added. Please update PKHeX.

Also, remember to delete your ramsav.bin from your SD card before changing versions.

now it works! thanks!

Worked on my Y/OR/AS, but not X. Also works for 2DS (9.2 FW) following the same instructions. Awesome.

EDIT: Now it works on X after deleting ramsav and updating PKHex after.

so 2ds it is working on 2ds after all..

how do you update 2ds system to 9.2 ?

And now we sit back and watch as PowerSaves/CyberGadget slowly go out of business. :creep:

Thanks for the hard work. Even if I can't use this, I would have if I didn't own a flashcart. (although this could be one way of converting the 6.x save encrypted saves into flashcart saves. But SaveDataFiler support is still being worked on. Hope that gets fixed soon. :D )

The vast majority of Pokemon players don't own one like me, so this definitely will help a ton of people. I can see this becoming a thing for other games too pretty soon. :D

Yeah but remember Nintendo can patch this in anytime, but ofc if ppl don't care about online then this is perfect for everyone.

Yeah but remember Nintendo can patch this in anytime, but ofc if ppl don't care about online then this is perfect for everyone.

Not to mention that having a second 3ds for this purpose will make said patching irrelevant. Granted, this is not practical or convenient for everyone, but still, it is an option. With any luck, the new 3ds will push the price down a bit as well.

Nintendo's patches don't really matter. At this point and especially considering the N3DS, most people have or will have more than one 3DS.

I also highly doubt that patches will work for much. Browser exploits tend to stick with a browser in some shape or form (especially a terrible (to them) problem like this) until it's outright disabled/switched over.

Nintendo also screwed up any form of sensibility when they made the console have full non-eShop online access without updating. I have no idea why they did this when it was responsible for the Wii being hacked to bits and pieces...

It's working on my X and Y, physical and digital! Can I edit my boxes (handily, mass-deletion/importing, etc) via this save file or do I need to use the box exploit too? No biggie either way, just curious.