PKHeX Legacy Discussion

It's part of the History/Memories block of who the OT originally traded away to.

Player A hatched egg, becomes OT.

Player A trades to Player B, Player B becomes "OT Traded Away To"

I don't know if it is updated if it's traded away again.

It's kinda like "Entrusted to OT". At least that's what the wiki implies, can't research further without new dumps -- the history block is pretty mysterious.

I might rename that label if there's a better descriptor.

Well that wiki page says that OT Name traded to is updated every time the owner's OT changes.

Either way, I wonder what the game actually uses that info for. I might have stumbled upon something regarding that while playing through Y, but if I did, I forgot about it.

Wow, that's awesome... Is the PID generator fully functional? As in, could you edit a Pokémon's IVs, send it back to the game with a new PID, and it'd be completely legal?

PIDIVs are not a 'thing' since Gen3/4. There is no correlation for 5th/6th gen games.

Anyways, PIDIVs are not needed for routine gameplay. So there's no need to have a 'legal spread generator' for previous origin mons.

The included PID generator just generates a random PID for the given nature. If you click the

[*] button afterwards, it will keep the same gender but do some XORing to make it shiny, while preserving the TID/SID.

how do you transfer the edited .pkx to your game?

Well does anyone know? As kjgungeon just said, I assume that Pokecheck's 6th gen update will do the trick when it comes. The Pokecheck website says "We are planning to launch gen 6 support by the end of the month". However I'm not sure whether this really means complete support as in uploading/downloading pokemon and not simply just uploading battle videos. Does anybody know what's going on with Pokecheck and what kind of support they are planning to offer?

P.S.: For the record, I don't approve of editing or generating pokemon for competitive use online. However I'm interested in the process of editing/generating pokemon for the sake of what it can reveal to us about the game (hence why I am here in the first place).

I've spoken to some of the folks in IRC about that Pokecheck announcement, and no one I talked to knows for sure what it entails. However, as research is still progressing, I doubt an accurate ETA can be made.

P.S.: For the record, I don't approve of editing or generating pokemon for competitive use online. However I'm interested in the process of editing/generating pokemon for the sake of what it can reveal to us about the game (hence why I am here in the first place).

A noble effort in science indeed. This is my philosophy as well.

PIDIVs are not a 'thing' since Gen3/4. There is no correlation for 5th/6th gen games.

Anyways, PIDIVs are not needed for routine gameplay. So there's no need to have a 'legal spread generator' for previous origin mons.

The included PID generator just generates a random PID for the given nature. If you click the

[*] button afterwards, it will keep the same gender but do some XORing to make it shiny, while preserving the TID/SID.

Out of curiosity's sake (Sorry in advance for my noobishness), but does that mean that PIDs generated with this tool would be illegal online?

It's getting serious...

I noticed that Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist lack their forms, but nice it seems to support MissingNo and the Bonus-Forms of Vivillon and Furfrou.

Updated OP with a new version that includes Pumpkaboo & Gourgeist forms.

I also added proper stat calculation for forms; for Mega Lati@s they just use the regular BST (until we know the exact numbers).

Well does anyone know? As kjgungeon just said, I assume that Pokecheck's 6th gen update will do the trick when it comes. The Pokecheck website says "We are planning to launch gen 6 support by the end of the month".

If it's really gonna be on the end of February, them I guess it MIGHT come out at my birthday xD But yeah, I wouldn't use that for online trading/battling. I got scammed of my FireRed Zapdos and LeafGreen Moltres for a HACKED shiny Gyarados and Skarmory (caught in Safari Balls...from Unova...same OT/person, because of the lack of seeing Pokemon stats in Gen VI before the trade), though I got the two legendary birds back from the Sea Spirit's Den xD I was pretty mad for getting hacked Pokes in exchange for LEGIT ones that took me a hard time to catch, especially the ones in X/Y at the Sea Spirit's Den...

EDIT - If the shinies were both HACKED, then how on Earth did they managed to wind up on Pokemon Bank!??

If it's really gonna be on the end of February, them I guess it MIGHT come out at my birthday xD But yeah, I wouldn't use that for online trading/battling. I got scammed of my FireRed Zapdos and LeafGreen Moltres for a HACKED shiny Gyarados and Skarmory (caught in Safari Balls...from Unova...same OT/person, because of the lack of seeing Pokemon stats in Gen VI before the trade), though I got the two legendary birds back from the Sea Spirit's Den xD I was pretty mad for getting hacked Pokes in exchange for LEGIT ones that took me a hard time to catch, especially the ones in X/Y at the Sea Spirit's Den...

EDIT - If the shinies were both HACKED, then how on Earth did they managed to wind up on Pokemon Bank!??

Perhaps location was right, but ball check wasn't done.

Anyway, on GTS, you can see the "Pentagon" in front of the name. that might help.

Cool tool, is the source available anywhere? : D

Not comfortable sharing publicly at the moment :)

New update - since we can now dump pkx's again (don't ask), I've fixed some stuff up and added in the index for Hold Back. I still need more time to study transferred dumps before I enable the transfer 5->6 feature.

(don't ask)

But.. but.. I so want to ask! ><

---

The joke aside, I like the touch with the program!

To add on/confirm on one point: shifted pokemon does not retain their existing moveset in "egg moves".

(meaning to say, their egg moves are blank. I did an example on arceus and deleted it's event moves. could not be relearned)

Perfectly working now! I'd like to ask something about the met location. How do insert the correct met location since it's not expressed in names but in numbers. Do you have a list with numbers corresponding to the location?