Your first shiny Pokemon?

Sir Xero

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-bow in respect-

^^ konnichiwa.... everyone....

^^ my first two shiny pokemon was a clefairy and roselia.

>< I did not know it was shiny until I saw the different between the male and female, also by sawing a star on the side....

>u< i also have a shiny venusaur, psyduck, gengar, gyarados, dusknoir, heatran and arceus.

O.o i am almost done with my "Ancient Pokemon" list. I have all of them except for one....

T^T and that is celebi....

My first shiny, I think, was a silver Rattata on Pokemon Crystal. I rmeember running into it and catching it, never using it again. Soon after, I got lucky whilst exiting Ilex Forest (?) and just as I was about to exit, a gold Caterpie appeared. I never did train that thing to a pink Butterfree... >w>

It was actually quite funny:

I was in the old mansion in Pearl really late at night, to the point where I was getting REALLY tired. I was talking to my brother and said "Gengar's my favorite pokemon, you know how sick it would be if I got a shiny gastly right now?" I then got a battle, and behold.

And no, I'm not making this up...the timing was PERFECT xD

Other than that, I've gotten events, red gyarados, and RNGd one :/ Only one legit shiny :'(

Got lucky? :D Had a friend/alternate game with a shiny id/sid combo? I'd actually love a .pkm of that, if you can post one. :D

I really wanted to have my own shiny Manaphy to make sure it wasn't a hack because a lot of shiny Manaphy hacks were going around at the time, so I learned how to RNG. I own two DS and at the time had Platinum and Soulsilver. I calibrated the Soulsilver and set the Manaphy's hatch info on RNG Reporter to be shiny on my Platinum. The worst was starting the game on the right seed. I have a pretty bad time with delays, I guess. I finally got it after trying for like 8 days, though. LOL It doesn't have good IVs, though (low except a 30 in Speed and a 28 in Sp. Def I think). I can do you one better, though, thanks to Kaphotics. ^_^

Kaphotic's Sandbox

well... where do i start?

my very first shiny i've encountered (Red Gyarados excluded) was a (gold-brownish) Caterpie in Leaf Green (mid 2005)

who is now a pink Butterfree (a female one ;) )

and a LOT of others by chaining, breeding and soft-resetting

(just for info: i have this pokemon chained/bred/soft-resetted/randomly encountered MYSELF)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by chaining:

6 Weedle (2 of them evolved into Kakuna, 1 other evolved into Beedrill)

a whole flock of Pidgey's: 33 to be exact (whereof 12 evolved into Pidgeotto, and 6 others into Pidgeot)

4 Zubat (1 of them evolved into Golbat)

6 Voltorb (1 of them evolved into Electrode)

6 Cubone (1 of them evolved into Marowak)

2 Sentret

9 Flaaffy (1 of them evolved into Ampharos)

6 Hoppip (2 of them evolved into Skiploom, 1 other into Jumpluff)

6 Snubbull (1 of them evolved into Granbull)

1 Skarmory

2 Tyrogue (1 of them evolved into Hitmontop)

40(!) Ralts (12 of them evolved into Kirlia, 9 of them evolved into Gardevoir, 6 of them evolved into Gallade)

15 Skitty (2 of them evolved into Delcatty)

1 Absol

20 Bagon (6 of them evolved into Shelgon, 5 others evolved into Salamence)

18 Starly (9 of them evolved into Staravia, 1 other evolved into Staraptor)

4 Shinx (1 of them evolved into Luxray)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

by breeding:

1 Charmander

1 Rattata

1 Abra

1 Geodude (Which now is a Golem)

14 Eevee (1 of them evolved into Vaporeon, 1 other into Jolteon, 1 into Flareon, 1 into Espeon, 2 into Umbreon, 1 into Leafeon and 1 into Glaceon)

30 Dratini (9 of them evolved into Dragonair, 7 others into Dragonite)

1 Chikorita

1 Togepi

1 Torchic

1 Mudkip

1 Trapinch

1 Beldum (Which now is a Metagross)

1 Cranidos (Which now is a Rampardos)

1 Happiny

1 Riolu

1 Phione

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by soft-resetting (SR) / random encounters (RE) :

(RE) 1 Nidorina (in the Safari Zone in Fire Red) (Which now is a Nidoqueen)

(RE) 1 Vulpix (On Route 214 in Diamond) (Which now is a Ninetales)

(SR) 1 Articuno (Seafoam Islands on Fire Red)

(SR) 1 Zapdos (Power Plant in Leaf Green)

(SR) 1 Moltres (Mt. Ember on Fire Red)

(SR) 1 Mewtwo (Cerulean Cave on Fire Red)

(SR) 1 Chikorita (Which now is a Meganium) (Was my beginner in Heart Gold...)

(SR) 1 Cyndaquil (Which now is a Typhlosion) (Was my beginner in Soul Silver...)

(RE) 1 Chinchou (by accidentally fishing on Whirl Islands on Soul Silver)

(SR) 1 Suicune (Cerulean Cape in Heart Gold)

(SR) 1 Lugia (Deep within Whirl Islands in Soul Silver)

(RE) 1 Zigzagoon (Route 201 on Ruby) (Which now is a Linoone)

(RE) 1 Taillow (Route 204 on Ruby) (Which now is a Swellow)

(SR) 1 Latias (Southern Island on Ruby)

(SR) 1 Latios (Southern Island On Sapphire)

(SR) 1 Groudon (Cave Of Origin on Ruby)

(SR) 1 Rayquaza (Sky Pillar on Ruby)

(SR) 1 Uxie (Acuity Cavern on Diamond)

(SR) 1 Azelf (Valor Cavern on Diamond)

(SR) 3 Dialga (all of them on Spear Pillar, 1 on Diamond, 2 on Platinum)

(SR) 2 Palkia (both of them on Spear Pillar, 1 on Pearl, 1 on Platinum)

(SR) 4 Giratina (2 in Turnback Cave, 1 in Diamond, 1 in Pearl; 2 in Distortion World (both Platinum))

(SR) 1 Cresselia (Captured on Route 207 on Diamond)

(SR) 2 Manaphy (both on Diamond, twice lucky with Trainer ID's)

(SR) 1 Darkrai (Newmoon Island on Platinum)

(SR) 1 Shaymin (Flower Paradise on Pearl, after preforming the abyss glitch)

I have so many shiny's

that's 21 FULL BOXES + 12 others in a 22nd BOX

that they don't fit into 1 game, i have to split them onto 2 games (1st one Kanto/Johto, 2nd one Hoenn/Sinnoh)

They would fit one 1 Black/White cart...

and because i'm kind-hearted, i'm giving the .pkm file containing my VERY FIRST shiny, Butterfree

the Legality Checker Output (for the ones who don't trust it)

Pokemon Legality Checker - by: Sabresite - vB54-24

Checksum: 0xC062 - Valid

Pokemon ID: 1858520940 - Modest, Female, Ability 1, Shiny

Date: februari 17, 2008

IVs: 27,23,7,9,29,5

Trainer ID: 64144

Secret ID: 21305

Trainer Gender: Male

Hidden Power: Dark - 34

Fateful Encounter: No

Gender Check: Valid

Effort Values: Valid

Nicknamed: No

Home Town: Kanto [Leaf Green]

Country Originated: UK/US/AU

PalPark Country: Indeterminate

Trash Bytes: Valid

Type: Common GBA (A-B-C-D)

012.pkm

012.pkm

• 3 weeks later...

My first shiny was also on my old Silver cart in my brick GameBoy. I barely remember how it happened; I was probably just randomly walking in the grass. I encountered a Kakuna, thinking nothing of it until I saw the sparkles. I immediately flipped out and caught it in an Ultra Ball. That was a good day.

Unfortunately, my Silver cart was stolen eventually. That was an awful day. D:

Fast-forward six years later. In one of my vacations to visit my family in good ol' Puerto Rico, I was playing Diamond, surfing the water route just south of Victory Road. Long story short, I was attempting to look for a Lapras there (not knowing I was looking in the wrong place!) for what seemed like hours. It was about 4 AM and couldn't sleep for some oddball reason. Eventually I switch from Surfing to Fishing, and to my complete disbelief I encounter a shiny Octillery!

Since then, it seemed my luck with finding these rarities skyrocketed. I could go on and list the ones I've got over the years, but each one has its own crazy situational story and I don't want to bore anyone with them.

First was the red garadose

in generation 2 when it was determend by ivs bread the garadous with every possible pokemon till the eggs where shiniethen would spread till i had all possible ones then igota saphire that for some reason was trade compatible with crystal sent them over then to platinum then the battery in the platinum cartredge dIed and id acedently broke crystal and. Sold saphir

Thanks nintendo for duel egg group pokemon and passng iv but no whay to backup without ar whyyyyyy

I found a Shiny Hoothoot in Soulsilver (U) when I was headbutting a tree to find Tailow. And I caught that shiny and evolved it to Noctowl. Now I am training it so I could use it for catching Legendaries.

Edited by aleyn_luinwe
extra information

Thinking back.. my first Shiny was in Pokémon Silver (not counting Shiny Gyarados..), it was a wild Onix. In Ruby it was an Electrike and in Sapphire it was a Clamperl. In Diamond I ran into a Shiny Gloom and SoulSilver it was a Tentacool. And lastly in Pokémon Black it was a Shiny Woobat.

Also some other Shiny firsts of mine..:

Sapphire- First soft reset Shiny, Rayquaza

Diamond- First Pokéradar chained Shiny, Buneary

Diamond- First RNG'd hatched Shiny, Magikarp

Diamond- First RNG'd Shiny Legendary, Giratina

Black- First ever hatched Shiny, Zorua