Gen 1 2 3 Pokemon Editor and Converter for Windows + Mac OS X

Metropolis

@Metropolis

On windows, I noticed that editing the "shinyness" of a pokemon does that by changing the pokemon's secret ID, so I wrote a few lines of c++ to do that by changing the pokemon's personality (without touching it's nature) : randomly generating personality values until one that turns the pokemon into a shiny one is found (had no issues till now, but haven't prooved that a value like that always exists so I might have to consider that case to avoid infinite loops...)

Do you think that should be added?

Not willing to sound rude but I'd really appreciate if you reply to my PM, thanks :)

EDIT: I found a pokemon I couldn't edit properly, but that was because I was generating small numbers, changed the RNG and now it seems to always work

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a way to make, as part of the validate function perhaps, a way that any imported Pokémon (from say, another game) gets automatically added to the Pokédex? It gets very tedious to manually add hundreds of Pokemon and add them to the Pokedex.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you possibly make an option to list the Pokémon and moves in alphabetical order when searching for a Pokémon and giving it its moveset? I'm sorry, it's just really inconvenient having to keep tapping the first letter of a Pokémon or move's name on the lists until one gets to the one they want since they are in a seemingly random order.

If anyone wants to edit the source code to introduce new features like sorting, they're welcome to.

I can put in bug fixes but don't have the time to do any more work on this tool now.

There's better editors out there now and I think online-based tools are a better option than having to download an executable program.

• 4 weeks later...
If anyone wants to edit the source code to introduce new features like sorting, they're welcome to.

I can put in bug fixes but don't have the time to do any more work on this tool now.

There's better editors out there now and I think online-based tools are a better option than having to download an executable program.

@Metropolis is this tool now deprecated by your online converter or PKhex? You won't update it anymore?

• 4 weeks later...
The source code is available for anyone to adapt as required.

I recommend using PKHex instead.

But PKHex doesn't edit those wireless minigame scores in FRLG. I know you had written offsets that could get that feature working again in your editor, but good luck getting me to figure out how to add them in myself.

I really hate to ask about such a problem im encountering but ive done all i can to try myself ive downloaded PKXDelta 64-bit but yes when i click it it requires java runtime enviroment 1.5.0 64 bit but whatever i download or try the program wont open and i get the same message can anyone help ?

If you're using a 32-bit OS, you'll need the 32-bit download instead.

It should work once Java is updated on your computer.

Other than that I don't know, like I've said before I regret using the SWT library in Java as it's tricky to get it working on everyone's machine without matching the right library.

If you're using a 32-bit OS, you'll need the 32-bit download instead.

It should work once Java is updated on your computer.

Other than that I don't know, like I've said before I regret using the SWT library in Java as it's tricky to get it working on everyone's machine without matching the right library.

My computer is windows 10 64 bit, ive updated Java countless times same error comes up not sure what else to do

My computer is windows 10 64 bit, ive updated Java countless times same error comes up not sure what else to do[/quote

I could only find old java versions for 32 bit so i tried one to see if i could somehow make the 32 bit PKXDelta operate and it worked

so far im able to open all Gen I & II .SAV files but i cant open gen 3 like emerald or firered i select and open and nothing happens is there a reason for this?

Thanks

My computer is windows 10 64 bit, ive updated Java countless times same error comes up not sure what else to do[/quote

I could only find old java versions for 32 bit so i tried one to see if i could somehow make the 32 bit PKXDelta operate and it worked

so far im able to open all Gen I & II .SAV files but i cant open gen 3 like emerald or firered i select and open and nothing happens is there a reason for this?

Thanks

I worked it out

I really like this converter,

A question though when you convert Pokemon from Gen 1 & 2 to 3 how do you get the PID (personality value) correct?

I know that the PID determines Gender, Ability, Nature & Size among other things in Gen 3

In terms of keeping Pokemon legal for future generations

I really like this converter,

A question though when you convert Pokemon from Gen 1 & 2 to 3 how do you get the PID (personality value) correct?

I know that the PID determines Gender, Ability, Nature & Size among other things in Gen 3

In terms of keeping Pokemon legal for future generations

I did the conversion in PKX Delta then opened the .SAV in PKHeX and rerolled the PID and saved

When opened in PKX Delta the PID (personality value) appeared as other Gen 3 PID's with a 10 digit number.

I assume this will suffice?

I think this is just whether the four bytes are represented as a decimal or hexadecimal number, the PID isn't changed just by opening and saving a Pokemon.

Whne converting Gen 2 -> 3, the PID is computed using the attack IV (for gender), unown letter and shiny status of the gen 2 Pokemon, incrementing the LSB to hit a neutral nature whilst respecting the gender, unown letter, hidden power etc. In 99% of cases this is accurate, and the tool itself is just for fun anyhow, obviously all gen 2 -> 3 conversions are hacks.

• 3 months later...

So, Pokemon I moved from a Crystal save to a Sapphire save using this program and then from that Sapphire save to a Colosseum save in PKHeX show up as level 0.  Is that normal?

EDIT: Huh, it seems placing them in a box in Ruby, (or something else I did,) fixes them...

Edited by Aquaaquaaqua

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-6-18 at 0:36 PM, DeadSkullzJr said:

I am facing an issue...the moment I try to open the program it says I need "Java Runtime Environment 1.5.0 (64x)". I have the latest Java installed already, version 8 update 131..Even with that it won't open. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm working on a new version with the same UI as the legacy version that was more popular, which will work on any Java without having to compile against different versions of Java and OS.

• 3 weeks later...