Gen 1 2 3 Pokemon Editor and Converter for Windows + Mac OS X

Metropolis

When editing a Pokemon stored inside a save file, changes are applied automatically, there is no need to click Save, simply close the windows and select Yes when prompted.

When editing a Pokemon you have opened from a PKM, PKX file, then Save will update that file with the changes.

If you have already clicked Save As to export the Pokemon to another file, then Save will no longer be greyed out, but instead propagate those changes to that file.

Ah. What I was trying to do was transfer my Squirtle from Blue to Emerald, and set it as "Game: Other, Location: In-Game Trade." But it would automatically change things back to "Invalid" when I would close it.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry if this seems obvious,but does this save editor work with the virtual console games? Thanks!

If you have a 3DS with CFW to extract a decrypted save, yes you can.

Current homebrew apps still don't work with the new save encryption, so CFW is required.

I have problem with editor.

I've played Pokemon Emerald and I catched Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Regice, Regirock, Registeel and Latias and when I open the savefile in verson 4.3 I can't see them.

They appear in party box, but not in PC slots. When they don't and I save, they are gone.

I have problem with editor.

I've played Pokemon Emerald and I catched Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Regice, Regirock, Registeel and Latias and when I open the savefile in verson 4.3 I can't see them.

They appear in party box, but not in PC slots. When they don't and I save, they are gone.

Please attach an upload of your save file. I haven't experienced this glitch before.

Metropolis, I love your save editor, and really like how easy it is to use. However, recently I've run into a weird problem. Trying to edit my pokemon yellow save results in a corrupted save file when I save the changes. The corrupted save file is 1460 Bytes smaller than the original save file. Here is a link to both the Original and the Corrupted save file: https://mega.nz/#F!6JwnjJII!Try-WoyZjddFzQTNdzX37A

PikaSav v0.4 RC 2 does not have this problem, and can edit the save file correctly. I have used your save editor on this game in the past, and didn't run into any problems until just now.

Thank you for the help!

SAV files usually have the same name as the game it came from. Otherwise there's no harm in trying to open it 'as' each type until you hit lucky, but don't save in that case or it may be corrupted!

I get It, thanks :D I use file lenght, But R/B/Y and GS/C save files have The same size

The game splits the save file into multiple blocks that are rotated as and when they are accessed. Each of these has an index to identify what sort of data (party, items, etc) that block concerns.

If these identifiers are corrupt, then the editor can't know which block it should read/write from or how.

Try saving the game *twice* then re-opening.

See original post for links to v4.5 for 32-bit, 64-bit Windows and Mac OS X.

Noteable new feature is that Gen 4, 5 and 6 PKX files, such as those created by PKHex can now be opened as Gen 3 data, ready to further convert or inject straight to GBA games.

I'm having problems converting gen 6 pokémon files to lower gens... when the pokémon is one introduced in gen 4 or 5, the pokémon species doesn't appear and its attacks also go away. I believe this is because only gen 3 pokémon and attacks are programmed but I'm not sure.

Here you go:

Download v4.5 for Mac OS X

Could you let me know whether that file opens, works correctly and displays all images? Thanks!

When I download the mac version it tells me it's a PowerPC application, which hasn't been supported since Snow Leopard (4 years ago maybe?). Is this an error, or if not could it be reuploaded as an application that is able to be run on modern macs?

EDIT: Also, I currently use the 4.2 version, and whenever I open a save file, and then save it, it completely messes up the pokedex, including number of pokemon as well as which pokemon I've seen/caught. Has that possibly been fixed since 4.2? For clarification, it occurs extremely often, I've only had it not do that a couple of times, and it can happen even if I don't edit anything, simply saving and closing immediately on start will do that.