Gen 1 2 3 Pokemon Editor and Converter for Windows + Mac OS X

Metropolis

People have used this software to get 'Mons from Gen 2 to Gen 3, and have had them pass the Bank check numerous times. I'd think that, as far as a Celebi goes, I'd have to make the location of capture be a fateful encounter and event. If I'm right, that'd make it look like a legitamate Gen 3 Celebi, which I can then send all the way up to Gen 6.

I can't figure out why you'd think a non-shiny Celebi would be illegitimate in the Bank's eyes. It'd be no different than catching Mew in Gen 1 via the Mew Glitch and then sending it to Gen 3; You have to set thr location of capture as a fateful encounter at Faraway Island, and then it passes the Bank Check.

(Gen 1 / 2 to 3 via the Metropolis software, Gen 3 to 4 using Pal Park, Gen 4 to 5 using the Transfer Lab, amd Gen 5 to 6 using the Transporter).

Yes, if you edit it to have the correct data to make it appear to be from Gen 3, then it should work. I'm just not sure about the giveaway mythicals, unlike Mew which could've been caught in Emerald. You may need the correct event TID/SID and OT for the Celebi, which is why I'm assuming it may not pass the Transport filter. But like I said, it's known that the hack filter isn't perfect. It's worth a shot though.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, if you edit it to have the correct data to make it appear to be from Gen 3, then it should work. I'm just not sure about the giveaway mythicals, unlike Mew which could've been caught in Emerald. You may need the correct event TID/SID and OT for the Celebi, which is why I'm assuming it may not pass the Transport filter. But like I said, it's known that the hack filter isn't perfect. It's worth a shot though.

I transfered a gen 3 spanish and english colosseum celebi trough pokemon bank, so they don't check TID/SID unless they added these unreleased ones... which I doubt since the spanish one has OT "Ágate" and the "Á" character gets corrupted when transfered to gen IV since they changed the encoding for the "Á" character (they have kept the change from gen IV to gen VI).

Yeah I'm replaying the Pokémon Games and would like to keep my team and trade them up eventually to my hard copy of Alpha Saphire.

Hello and thank-you for this application to "migrate" pokemon. This would be awesome, if I could get to work correctly.

Unfortunately, I seem to be having an issue botting the application on my Macbook. I'm actually on a MacBook OS X 10.11

I tried installing this program, it loaded the Disc Image and I installed to my applications but when I double click to boot it I receive an error.

This is after I double clicked the application and it prompted me to install Java on it's own. I install Java as is requested and I never had tried installing it before.

After installing it and trying to run it, it told me that the file was damaged and it needed to be moved to the trash. Check out the image I provide.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12888[/ATTACH]

Is this the current best pokemon converter out at the moment?

The Mac version I tested it on is the latest version (my own computer) which included Java fresh out the box. As you can imagine I can't build and test for every OS version out there, but can take a look at what might be going wrong.

If you're ok using terminal, you could run the JAR straight from that (I'll include the instructions).

The Mac version I tested it on is the latest version (my own computer) which included Java fresh out the box. As you can imagine I can't build and test for every OS version out there, but can take a look at what might be going wrong.

If you're ok using terminal, you could run the JAR straight from that (I'll include the instructions).

Hey, handy app you got here! Thanks for all your work. I'm running 4.2 just fine on El Capitan, but then I've updated my java runtime to the latest. I also have WINE installed, which is likely not related, but I thought I'd throw it out there just FYI.

I have a few questions:

1. I was wondering if there was a way to change a pokémon's sex?
  2. Is there a way to change abilities? While experimenting with your app, my Pokémon have NO abilities when the second ability is checked.
  3. How can I select a hidden ability?
  4. After editing, my shiny Pokémon was no longer shiny. Is there a shiny flag?
  5. I just noticed that after editing, the Pokémon in my boxes were reordered (moved to the top, spacing between Pokémon removed), and the Pokémon on the bottom row of each box disappeared. I'm restoring to an earlier backup.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Coyote

Hey, handy app you got here! Thanks for all your work. I'm running 4.2 just fine on El Capitan, but then I've updated my java runtime to the latest. I also have WINE installed, which is likely not related, but I thought I'd throw it out there just FYI.

If Wine has its own Java RTE then you may be able to run the Windows build or the Mac build with their own themes! It should only give you more options.

I have a few questions:

1. I was wondering if there was a way to change a pokémon's sex? - Determined by PID. Try different values until it changes.
  2. Is there a way to change abilities? While experimenting with your app, my Pokémon have NO abilities when the second ability is checked. - That's because these Pokemon only ever have one ability, hence the Ability2 flag is never set for them. Make sure the box is unticked.
  3. How can I select a hidden ability? - These don't exist in Gen 3 and earlier!
  4. After editing, my shiny Pokémon was no longer shiny. Is there a shiny flag? - Shininess is calculated in-game (and inside the app) using trainer ID, secret ID and Personality Value (PID). Changing one of these three will change the shiny state.
  5. I just noticed that after editing, the Pokémon in my boxes were reordered (moved to the top, spacing between Pokémon removed), and the Pokémon on the bottom row of each box disappeared. I'm restoring to an earlier backup. - Could you attach a before/after SAV file? In Gen 1 and 2, there are no 'gaps' in boxes like in Gen 3. The app should support 'gaps' for gen 3.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Coyote

Glad the app is working for you anyway. Thanks for your feedback.

Same here, the 32-bit one is not working for me, and I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate. Running it with admin rights and in compatibility mode with XP SP2 does nothing.

I would test the legacy and java ones, but there's no link.

I had to reinstall both Java versions (32/64) in order to get the x64 editor to work.

It seems you(we?) have Java PATH problems...

I guess it depends in what order you install Java.

x32 editor puts this error:

Could not load SWT library.

no swt-gtk-4427 in java.library.path

no swt-gtk in java.library.path

Assume 32-bit is not supported then.

I've tested it only on 64-bit. Will try and get a working 32-bit build tonight and clean up the links to be more visible and only to working versions.

Please please please let me know if you have any problems so I can fix them.

New link attached in original post for 32-bit OS. Could someone using 32-bit Windows test that please and I'll remove if it doesn't work?

I tried the earlier version & it didn't work so I kept an eye on this thread.

The new file works like a charm! It even worked with this hack called Pokémon Vega wherein it lets me modify my party whereas A-Save would just corrupt the save file for checksum issues; what's more it lets me keep the 2nd ability of a Pokémon which would normally be locked to 1st had A-Save worked in the first place.

Thanks for this editor!

I tried the earlier version & it didn't work so I kept an eye on this thread.

The new file works like a charm! It even worked with this hack called Pokémon Vega wherein it lets me modify my party whereas A-Save would just corrupt the save file for checksum issues; what's more it lets me keep the 2nd ability of a Pokémon which would normally be locked to 1st had A-Save worked in the first place.

Thanks for this editor!

Really happy this worked for you and finally to be through these 32/64bit issues!

Hacks aren't officially supported but glad it worked for you.

The x64 Windows version of the editor keeps erasing all the Pokemon in my Yellow Version's active box. Why is this happening? I have backups but it's really annoying.

The game stores active box contents separately to the Box 1, Box 2 etc.

Switch boxes on your game before using the editor and the active box will be in sync with your selected box.

I can fix that in the next update.

Plan is also to re-write the app in a different language that doesn't have all these compilation issues, was a bad choice in hindsight.

So far I only have one issue with this program - I copied a pokemon from my Blue sav to my Emerald sav. It's just the Squirtle at the beginning of the game - however, when I edit the location of where I obtained the Pokemon, I try to save the change by going to file -> save. And for whatever reason, "save" is grayed out and unusable. Any idea why that is?

So far I only have one issue with this program - I copied a pokemon from my Blue sav to my Emerald sav. It's just the Squirtle at the beginning of the game - however, when I edit the location of where I obtained the Pokemon, I try to save the change by going to file -> save. And for whatever reason, "save" is grayed out and unusable. Any idea why that is?

When editing a Pokemon stored inside a save file, changes are applied automatically, there is no need to click Save, simply close the windows and select Yes when prompted.

When editing a Pokemon you have opened from a PKM, PKX file, then Save will update that file with the changes.

If you have already clicked Save As to export the Pokemon to another file, then Save will no longer be greyed out, but instead propagate those changes to that file.