Gen 1 2 3 Pokemon Editor and Converter for Windows + Mac OS X

Metropolis

PKX Delta Gen 1 2 3 Editor

Compatible with Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald SAV, PKM and 3GPKM files.

Full conversion forwards and backwards between generations 1, 2 and 3 is supported.

Generation 4, 5 and 6 PKX files are imported and converted to generation 3 ready to transfer to GBA or earlier.

Java 1.5 or above required.

Download v4.5 for Windows 32-bit

Download v4.5 for Windows 64-bit

Download v4.5 for Mac OS X

Files edited using Encyclopedia Pokemonica and A-Save are supported.

alakazam.jpg

alakazam.jpg.9c3ec0d2bc0aea5fc477ce38d5b

Edited by Metropolis

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just checking, using this would never get the converted pokemon through poketransporter would it? #NoGuardFissureMachamp

It's not intended to, but people have had Pokemon converted using it get through the transporter. pokemon edited on the same game they were caught will.

The program is not called file.exe, where did you download that? The filenames of the versions I've released on MediaFire:

• Pokemon Editor Gen 1.exe
  • Pokemon Editor Gen 2.exe
  • Pokemon Editor Gen 3.exe
  • Pokemon Editor Gen 1 to 3.exe
  • Pokemon Editor Legacy.exe

Pokemon Editor Gen 1 to 3.exe does everything the individual gen editors do.

Pokemon Editor Legacy.exe is an older version to try if you have any problems with the new version.

Edited by Metropolis

The program is not called file.exe, where did you download that? The filenames of the versions I've released on MediaFire:

• Pokemon Editor Gen 1.exe
  • Pokemon Editor Gen 2.exe
  • Pokemon Editor Gen 3.exe
  • Pokemon Editor Gen 1 to 3.exe
  • Pokemon Editor Legacy.exe

Pokemon Editor Gen 1 to 3.exe does everything the individual gen editors do.

Pokemon Editor Legacy.exe is an older version to try if you have any problems with the new version.

I downloaded Pokemon Editor Gen 3.exe but it doesn't works :/

• 2 weeks later...

There is an annoying bug in Legacy Editor.exe for Windows.

Accidentally I loaded a save with no game started yet. As a result I got the error message window.

0cMudgx.png

Now I can close the left window but not the right one. Whether I click on the cross or on open, the error message wil reappear.

I tried loading another save and closing the whole editor, but those windows will still remain there. I had to use task manager to get rid of them.

There is an annoying bug in Legacy Editor.exe for Windows.

Accidentally I loaded a save with no game started yet. As a result I got the error message window.

0cMudgx.png

Now I can close the left window but not the right one. Whether I click on the cross or on open, the error message wil reappear.

I tried loading another save and closing the whole editor, but those windows will still remain there. I had to use task manager to get rid of them.

Thanks I'll look into it.

Links in original post will download version 1.4 of the Legacy editor.

Bug was the blank save file had all Fs for the byte containing the number of currently selected box. Now it uses 0 if the value exceeds 12.

This bug wouldn't have affected normal save files.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to use these tools to import my team from Crystal to either Emerald or Leaf Green. I've opened two windows, one with my Crystal save and another with my Emerald/LG save and then drag the pokemon.

Problem is some of my mons go through and others become Bad Eggs... and the majority of my boxes and party become Bad Eggs. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: So I kept toying with the editor and my LG savefile and just changing the name of a pokemon and saving was enough to create a bunch of Bad Eggs. Since I wondered what was going on I reopened the savefile and noticed that sometimes the Pokemon I have from my spanish version of Emerald are read as english. When its language is properly read as spanish they aren't turned into Bad Eggs and everything works smoothly. I believe it properly reads them as coming from a spanish version once I've opened and saved a LG file, though I could be wrong.

This might be a problem because I have a mix of mons from english LG and spanish Emerald, perhaps?

Edited by kev
new info

I've been trying to use these tools to import my team from Crystal to either Emerald or Leaf Green. I've opened two windows, one with my Crystal save and another with my Emerald/LG save and then drag the pokemon.

Problem is some of my mons go through and others become Bad Eggs... and the majority of my boxes and party become Bad Eggs. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: So I kept toying with the editor and my LG savefile and just changing the name of a pokemon and saving was enough to create a bunch of Bad Eggs. Since I wondered what was going on I reopened the savefile and noticed that sometimes the Pokemon I have from my spanish version of Emerald are read as english. When its language is properly read as spanish they aren't turned into Bad Eggs and everything works smoothly. I believe it properly reads them as coming from a spanish version once I've opened and saved a LG file, though I could be wrong.

This might be a problem because I have a mix of mons from english LG and spanish Emerald, perhaps?

Might well me. Multi-language isn't supported, but I'll do what I can to investigate. Please could you attach the save files? Pokemon should never appear as Bad Eggs though - that's a glitch in the checksum routine.

Bug: When i put 255 EV in every stat i need to gain a level in order for my stats to change.

I'll try this myself and get back to you, cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
Might well me. Multi-language isn't supported, but I'll do what I can to investigate. Please could you attach the save files? Pokemon should never appear as Bad Eggs though - that's a glitch in the checksum routine.

Sorry I've been busy with things, I'll attach a savefile shortly.

Japanese support would be nice. No one is yet to make a gen 1 or gen 2 editor that supports Japanese games, as far as I know.

In case you find it helpful, here's a random save from my Japanese Pokemon Red. I can upload more Japanese saves from gen 1 and 2 if that'd help.

red.sav

red.sav

Hi, I've got a problem with your editor. The Pokemon_Editor Gen 1 to 3.exe just won't boot at all on my 64-bit Windows 8.1 PC. Ironically, the unstable Legacy Edition runs just fine though, what's the difference, feature-wise? Do you know how I could make the normal editor start up?

• 1 month later...
Japanese support would be nice. No one is yet to make a gen 1 or gen 2 editor that supports Japanese games, as far as I know.

In case you find it helpful, here's a random save from my Japanese Pokemon Red. I can upload more Japanese saves from gen 1 and 2 if that'd help.

I'd be interested in implementing it if someone found offset data online. Since Pokemon's bigger in Japan anyway I think it's too unlikely for there not to be another editor or website like Bulbapedia to justify researching from scratch. Does anyone know of such websites?

I've seen a similar situation on the Pokemon Card GB2 translation forums when someone found a Japanese site with extra data on.

Major update version 4.1

• Copy/paste supports encoding and decoding Pokemon and items as passwords for example:
    • 4KfcBKpFdTvF08nBzL//AAAAAgK74Nns/wAAAI5MAACUAY0A0BITAP//AABDAVsBOgBXAAggEBAGAAD8/AAAAAAAAAAASK0gnvbvJwCACAA=

[*]These passwords can be exchanged over message boards, Twitter, etc more easily than PKM files.

[*]Passwords can be entered in the start-up menu text box or pasted into a loaded game's box or pokemon.

[*]Android editor in production will identify these passwords in tweets to inject Pokemon into emulator saves.

[*]Experience formula bug fix.

Download for Windows 32-bit

Download for Windows 64-bit

Download for Mac OS X

Download for Linux 32-bit

Download for Linux 64-bit

Edited by Metropolis

Which version of Java have you installed?

EDIT: Doesn't work for me either. I'm on Windows 8.1 64-bit and I have the 32-bit version of Java installed. Neither the x86 nor the x64 version of the programme works for me. I tried the 64-bit Linux version and that one worked in my Debian VM. However, it says that it can't find the image folder, even though it's there in the same folder as the jar file (and yes, I extracted it)