Clarifications (Hacked Egg research, whether to buy Japanese 3DS)

isleep2late

Warning: Please do not get scammed on Wi-fi trades. Anyone who offers you an "egg" of Volcanion, Hoopa, or any hacked Pokemon claiming they can be traded is lying to you.

Deeply apologize if this is the wrong place for this, so mods feel free to do what is appropriate. I thought I'd post this in R&D because I have done a bit of research into these two topics and it appears to be of particular interest to many people who have questions about getting a Japanese 3DS and whether a Volcanion, Hoopa, or other hacked pokemon can be obtained by hacking the Pokemon as an egg (as a way to bypass the legality checkers on Wi-fi services). I also feel this has been asked MANY times in other threads and will continue to be asked by newcomers. Here are some clarifications regarding what you can or can't do with a Japanese 3DS and/or using Pokebank if you have the Cyber Save Editor 3DS by Cyber Gadget, and some myth-busting regarding trading hacked eggs:

You will need a Japanese 3DS if you:

1. Bought a new Japanese X/Y game so you can initiate gameplay of the game and advance until you get the pokedex (or whatever the checkpoint is to enable use with Cyber Save Editor

2. Would like to trade eggs (for some reason) from your Japanese game to your non-Japanese game (Pokebank will not store eggs)

3. Want to have Latiosite, Latiasite, Soul Dew, Sacred Ash, or any of the other unreleased items (Pokebank does not allow storage of items, held items will be sent to your bag if you try to store them in Pokebank). These items can be traded to your non-Japanese game via local trade. That's about everything I can think of right now.

4. Don't care for trading permanent Mega Pokemon to your non-Japanese game, as this cannot be done via local trade.

You can use Pokebank on your non-Japanese 3DS if you:

1. Have a used copy of a Japanese Pokemon X or Y cartridge that has been sufficiently advanced to enable Cyber injecting.

2. Want to transfer permanent Mega Pokemon to your non-Japanese game, as this is cannot be done via local trade.

3. Don't care about obtaining unreleased items on your non-Japanese 3DS. OR you don't care about having hacked eggs (which cannot be traded via wi-fi, more on this next).

Now to bust the hacked egg trading myth:

<- For anyone that really doesn't believe me when I say it doesn't work, here is proof of it, because a lot of people that come up to me about it want to know for sure (not sure if any of them read this forum).

Furthermore, I think hacked eggs can in fact be sent to Wondertrade. However, I have heard that the receiving end of any hacked eggs will get a bad egg that will never hatch. I'm not sure whether this can be confirmed, but my suspicion is that wonder trading hacked pokemon was the cause of all those bad eggs floating around wonder trade last year.

I really hope this helps. Thanks for readying.

Edited by isleep2late
Needed to preface with a word of caution against scammers