Can playing on an Emulator mess up the Pokemon legality? (3rd gen)

Hi, I'd like to start playing some of the 3rd gen Pokemon games, but I was wondering if some how playing on an emulator can screw up the legality of the Pokemon.

For instance, some time last year when I was playing Leaf Green on an emulator, I breed some Pokemon, then transferred them to a 4th gen game and when I sent them through Pokecheck, their PID wasn't legit. (Sadly , I can't remember the exact text). Some one also told me the only way for a hatched Pokemon from a 3rd gen game to show up legit on Pokecheck, is to breed them on Emerald. Is this true, and if it is, can I trade over Pokemon from LeafGreen and breed them on Emerald for their egg to be legit?

Thanks for any and all help!

Occasionally, the process of extracting the .pkm file of a Pokémon that has been transferred from generation 3 games via Pal Park may cause the check to show up with some red flags. This can happen to all Pokémon, events or not, so be careful when extracting the files for Pokémon that were transferred through Pal Park. The .pkm file may get corrupted in the process. The bug is limited to Pokégen, so using any other save file editor (such as PKMDS) will not result in corrupted data.

I am guessing that the above happened. You Pal-Parked the Pokémon and used Pokégen to extract the data. Use another file editor, or drag and drop your corrupted files onto trashbytes.exe (available somewhere on the forum) to fix them.

Yeah, I used Pal-Park and Pokegen, but the only Pokemon that had invalid PID's were hatched eggs from LeafGreen, and it happened on more then one occasion. (in-game trades and a few events were illegal, but when I searched the specific Pokemon on Pokecheck, all of them that matched mine were also illegal)