Modified CyberGadget 3DS Save Editor for use with PKHeX (Updated 10/25/2015).

SciresM

Download links at the bottom of this post.

You need a Japanese 3DS, a Japanese Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS cartridge, and the CyberGadget save device to use this.

If you have trouble running this program, try running it as an administrator.

QgoGD.jpg

This is a modified version of the Cybergadget 3DS Save Editor executable that is both in English (though a japanese version is provided as well) and allows for direct editing of one's pokemon x/y save with PKHeX.

You still need a Japanese 3DS, a Japanese Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS cartridge, and the CyberGadget save device to use this.

Use 3DSSaveEditor_en.exe for English, and 3DSSaveEditor_ja.exe for Japanese.

Instructions:

0. Install the Cybergadget save editor software from the disc that comes with the device. This is necessary for you to have the drivers to detect the USB dongle.

1. Download the modified exe below, place it in the folder with your normal 3DSSaveEditor.exe, and right click your game's name to open it in advanced mode per normal.

2. Change any byte, and hit apply.

3. After saying yes to the warning about potentially corrupting your save, the program will pause with an interrupt, as depicted in the screenshot above.

4. At this point, open PKHeX and file->open the "main" file located in /users/{USERNAME}/appdata/Local/Temp/3DSSE/root/.

5. Make any changes you want to your save in PKHeX.

6. Go to the "SAV" tab in PKHeX and hit "Export save" -- save the edited file over the "main" file you opened. (Replace the old main with the edited one.)

7. Hit okay in the interrupt in Cyber editor, and the edited save will be signed and written to your cartridge.

Credits:

• Glitch, for providing me with translations for all the strings contained in the cybergadget executable.
  • Kaphotics, for modifying the exe to interrupt and allow for direct editing with PKHeX.

Downloads:

3DSSaveEditor_en.zip

3DSSaveEditor_ja.zip

3DSSaveEditor_en.zip

3DSSaveEditor_ja.zip

Edited by SciresM

O_O Oh my gosh, where did you find that link?! I thought I'd looked everywhere on their site and couldn't find it, so have been (most likely) annoying everyone in sight of this forum for that!!! THANK YOU! (So hope it works using the AR ProActionSave hardware... otherwise I'll cry...)

edit: sob... figures that's how it'd be... Probably no one has a way to make it recognize the PowerSave adapter instead of the Cyber one? (Are they really that different?)

O_O Oh my gosh, where did you find that link?! I thought I'd looked everywhere on their site and couldn't find it, so have been (most likely) annoying everyone in sight of this forum for that!!! THANK YOU! (So hope it works using the AR ProActionSave hardware... otherwise I'll cry...)

edit: sob... figures that's how it'd be... Probably no one has a way to make it recognize the PowerSave adapter instead of the Cyber one? (Are they really that different?)

Not possible.

They really are that different.

Wow, thats an aweseome progress! :-) I'll be very pleased, when you guys next working on a savegame editor for Powersaves 3DS or to make it compatible with PKHeX.

Or another point: Convert Gateway 3DS (.3dz) savefiles to Powersaves 3DS (.bin) savesfiles!

Greets

Traiver

Wow, thats an aweseome progress! :-) I'll be very pleased, when you guys next working on a savegame editor for Powersaves 3DS or to make it compatible with PKHeX.

Or another point: Convert Gateway 3DS (.3dz) savefiles to Powersaves 3DS (.bin) savesfiles!

Greets

Traiver

Neither of these is doable and neither will happen in the forseeable future.

Please keep all posts directly about SciresM's Modified CyberGadget 3DS Save Editor. Any questions regarding CyberGadget, PowerSaves, or any other way of getting your save file off of or back on your retail or eShop game should go elsewhere (like the Save Edting Help forum).

For help with CyberGadget, direct your questions to the CyberGadget Help thread (where some of your posts have already been relocated). Any further posts in this thread that are not directly about SciresM's modified app will be deleted.

Thank you!

Simple answer: yes. Really, that should be obvious. Supposedly there is a way to try to get around that, but really, if you're desperate and have money to burn on cheating, just import the full set. Besides, then you can have access to (most) games earlier than international release and those that don't even get one.

Doesn't that only work if the Japanese game itself is far enough along to USE Bank? Which means getting a used one that specifically has gotten that far in advance.

All that is required to read the save is that the gamesave is initialized (language screen). You can then insert a foreign savegame that already has the Pokedex so that you may use it with Bank.

Yeah, I get that. But that brings this to question: Do most sellers do the Reset option when they sell used games, and if so, does that remove that marker?

If that's the case, then buying a used game is a waste of money, and they'll still have to get a Japanese 3DS.

I'm worried that a number of people just aren't understanding that...

Yeah, I get that. But that brings this to question: Do most sellers do the Reset option when they sell used games, and if so, does that remove that marker?

If that's the case, then buying a used game is a waste of money, and they'll still have to get a Japanese 3DS.

I'm worried that a number of people just aren't understanding that...

It just has to be initialized once, deleting the save / resetting re-initializes it anyways.

Can you update the modified program? The original one updated.

The new version has a neat little function for caching changes now.

This allows native importing/exporting of the PKM save data so right now I think all that is needed is a translation.

Done.

I tried to open using the updated patch but everytime I get an error that it stopped working.

1. Can you specify the actual error?

2. Have you tried following the instructions in the opening post and running it in administrator mode?

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to include a .dll dependency. One moment.