PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.04

SCV

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the disclaimer in the program says, we cannot guarantee that there will not be any traces. While we do things to the best of our knowledge there might be things which we miss and nintendo can catch. Maybe its nothing, but we can't make any guarantees about it. What we do guarantee is that we do not leave any traces intentionally.

It only changes the dex entries and some other things that need to be changed, like checksums and save numbers. Every change is consistent with how the game does it, so there should be no problems.
While we do things to the best of our knowledge there might be things which we miss and nintendo can catch. Maybe its nothing, but we can't make any guarantees about it.

The thing everyone needs to keep in mind, is the fact that we don't have a 100% map of the save files yet. So there are probably some things that change that we can't account for. However, as Jiggy said, everything that is changed is done so in the same manner as the game itself. So we're already way ahead of Pokesav (and probably DSPokeEdit) on that one, since they didn't seem to bother with those little details.

Hey , first of all, Thanks for this programm^^ I needed this very much, because I transferred ALL my Pokémon from Diamond to Platinum, because I did not want to catch them all a second time. But then I realized, that my Pokédex was empty xD

So, thanky for the Programm, but I ask to add something, I think it should be possible...

I have to mark every single pokémon Ive caught, these are over 200. So it would be nice if i could simply klick ''seen'' and ''caught'', then the down arrow on the keyboard, the seen, caught... and so on. But the problem is, that after seen and caught comes the alphabetical list, Id prefer the Numerical one. So, please, could you simply arrange this?

Thanky in advance, Reygok

When I modify the dex entries of the pokèmons and then I try to scrool down the dex entries in game, the .sav crushes just with some pokèmons. Can you please explain me why?

If you can, I'd like:

1) A list of all the modifications you made.

2) The save file from before editing. (You should always make a copy before doing stuff like this)

3) The edited file.

If you can, I'd like:

1) A list of all the modifications you made.

2) The save file from before editing. (You should always make a copy before doing stuff like this)

3) The edited file.

Ok, but the game crushes just when I look into the pokèdex, so no problem for my game files even because I've got a backup. And here we go.

1) Added pokèmons for the national dex from #1 to #160.

2) Sav File before the editing

3) Edited File

It's always a pleasure being a tester for you programs! :biggrin:

@Xeomyr

No, you actually didnt^^ I asked to modify the PPSE, the Programm itself, fo an easyer use, and you answered I had the wrong save file size^^

sorry

didn't read that word "platinum" you write down there =_=

and also i thought you asked the same question as the one in codemonkey's thread, i also assumed that you use diamond savefile for that =_=

for pokebox, u have to wait for platinum compatibility , dude :)

.. and also, the program won't work if you don't have a pokedex ..

so, if you open the savefile using this program , right after you got your very first pokemon, it won't work ^^

I dont want to use Pokébox at the moment^^ I have no use for it, I simply want to know if PPSE could be optimized like I said in my first post HERE, not that one in the pokébox tread. Forget that one. I simply confused PPSE with Pokébox. Understood? ^^

And my Platinum also chrashes with an edited save , with PPSE. My Brother's, too. So there is clearly a Problem.

Hey , first of all, Thanks for this programm^^ I needed this very much, because I transferred ALL my Pokémon from Diamond to Platinum, because I did not want to catch them all a second time. But then I realized, that my Pokédex was empty xD

So, thanky for the Programm, but I ask to add something, I think it should be possible...

I have to mark every single pokémon Ive caught, these are over 200. So it would be nice if i could simply klick ''seen'' and ''caught'', then the down arrow on the keyboard, the seen, caught... and so on. But the problem is, that after seen and caught comes the alphabetical list, Id prefer the Numerical one. So, please, could you simply arrange this?

Thanky in advance, Reygok

I'm currently trying to add a better UI to the Pokedex function while SCV moves on to Pokemon.

One of the tabs will look like this: http://www.freewebs.com/jiggy-ninja/PPSE%20Dex/Seen.JPG

Something like that good enough for you?

Yes, this is even better than I imagined, thanky already in advance^^

I always wanted to know HOW to make such programms. Do you need to know a special language, like HTML on the web, for programming?

PPSE is being written in C++ using Qt.

will there be a sinnoh pokedex feature for when you not yet have completed the national dex?

You will be able to edit which parts of the Pokedex you have received. Because it's possible to receive Nat dex Pokemon from trading before you get the Nat dex, and the Pokedex still keeps track of those, I don't plan on added a "Sinnoh Dex only" feature.

I don't plan on doing it, at least not any time soon. If I do it, it will only be after all the other stuff for the Dex is done, and if there's nothing else for me to do. Right now, I have more important and troublesome things to figure out.

If you know C++, you're welcome to contribute your own code once I get the new UI up and running to add that functionality.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Also, I'm trying to think of the best way to make the Formes tab work.

Wow this is amazing. Upon the release of Platinum for Japan, I imported the game and dumped it. I used an AR code on the game making my Pokedex complete, and whenever I skipped through Sandslash the game would freeze. After using this program, I checked a few Pokemon and checked all the languages and now the glitch is fixed! Now my Pokedex works normally, thanks guys!

I decided to give everyone a preview of the new dexEdit UI I've been working on.

There are 5 tabs. Main, Individual, Seen/Caught, Formes, and Languages.

Main Screenshot:

Main.JPG

Individual Screenshot:

Individual.JPG

Seen/Caught Screenshot:

Seen.JPG

Formes Screenshot:

Formes.JPG

Languages Screenshot:

Languages.JPG

Also, since D/P only has foreign entries for a few Pokemon, when you load a DP save the Languages tab looks like this:

LanguagesDP.JPG

The white boxes in Formes and Individual are meant to be used for sprites. I still need to figure out how to work those.

Most of the functionality is done. I just need to get the Alt Forms buttons working.

For the Formes tab, how do you determine which forme is the default viewed in the Pokédex?

And for the Seen/Caught tab, I think you should always enable Caught even if Seen is unchecked, and just automatically check Seen if Caught is checked, and uncheck Caught if Seen is unchecked. If that makes sense.

Also, great job! I love how neatly laid out everything is.

For the Formes tab, how do you determine which forme is the default viewed in the Pokédex?

And for the Seen/Caught tab, I think you should always enable Caught even if Seen is unchecked, and just automatically check Seen if Caught is checked, and uncheck Caught if Seen is unchecked. If that makes sense.

Also, great job! I love how neatly laid out everything is.

The first column says "Default". Whatever's in that column is what's shown first. The "Other" column determines if the other gender has been seen. If it's the same as the default, only one form shows up in the Pokedex.

I already have my way programmed in, too much work to change it. Unless you want to do it.