• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My impression on the Lugia sprite while you battle it:

Fake Impression

Good

Real Impression

FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST! FANTASTIC, IT'S THE BEST!

How Lugia leans forward during a flight, it looks so cool!

The Red Gyarados is fantastic, a little fat in the mid section, but nothing to really complain about.

Entei is a little skinny in the neck, the left side of his hair fluff could be a bit wider. Love the pose though.

Ho-Oh, I hate it. I was hoping it would be almost an exact copy of the original Gold sprite, only 4th gen style. -.- ugh, why do they always do this to Ho-Oh.

Lugia looks alright. Its not the greatest sprite. I personally like its DPPt sprites better than this one, but its not terrible.

Jagged Ear Pichu, its a Pichu with with with an ear cowlick...

It is important to note though that all sprites before the official release should be seen as beta sprites that are possible to change. So don't get TOO attached.

Ho-Oh, I hate it. I was hoping it would be almost an exact copy of the original Gold sprite, only 4th gen style. -.- ugh, why do they always do this to Ho-Oh.

As hard as it takes to criticise a pokemon, I have to agree with DanteKoriyu. It's head became anorexic!

Lugia looks funny xD

I like Entei looks all serious, and ho-ho looks as ridiculous as he's always looked in my mind.

Looks good if the rest of the game is like this :D

Edit: On a second look, Entei looks like he's about ... funny too xD

Here are some sprites I ripped. myrip.png

I put them all together with the ones Zmaster? ripped as well. *if Zmaster wasn't the one who ripped these let me know* hgsssprite.png

I am in love with ALL the sprites since for the most part they are just remakes of the old G/S ones.

Observe.....compair.png

I mean there are differences, but they have the old flare of the originals. A lot of the sprites they have now, just aren't as good as the older ones IMO.

On first look Entei looked really well and in a pose fit for its character(at least from the movie). However the more i look at it the more i get disappointed:

1 The front right looks bigget than the one that is closer

2 Its sprite is like with the graphics from R/S/E. The pixels are made so that is looks like is had static.

Lugia is really well made on the other hand compered to entei's. The sea guardian has the best so far i have seen. Not like the ones from the past generation.

Ho-oh, another sprite taken from the other games with no significant changes implemented to it.

R/S Spr_3r_250.png E Spr_3e_250.gif FR/LGSpr_3r_250.png D/P Spr_4d_250.png PT Spr_4d_250.png

and finally Gyarados - the sam as wraith said except for milotic part. It has the serpent look that it actually is supposed to have. I will skip some this time:

E Spr_3e_130_s.gif FR/LGSpr_3f_130_s.png D/PSpr_4d_130_f.png PTSpr_4p_130_m.png HG/SSimage.php?u=73&dateline=1247539333

Hmmm These are ok, but not the best. Lugia's leg looks a little funky.

Entei has wierd shading but the pose is amazing. Ho-oh's wings are too big, its legs are to wide apart. Poor Ho-oh.

Yeah, I agree with you about Entei. His shading is... a bit... weird. It doesn't look as shaggy as it is supposed to be though... it looks like it's solid.

Ho-oh on the other hand... doesn't look like it has changed much at all. It looks so similar to its Gold sprite, its Advance sprite and its DPP sprite.

To be hoenst, Entei looks kinda distorted (in my opinion), but Lugia is perfect.

I wonder what they'll do with 3rd/4th gen Pokémon, though, although they'll probably just reuse their Platinum sprites, like how FR/LG re-used R/S/E sprites.

I LOVED the new gyarados sprite, even more than Diamond's

I really couldn't like platinum's gyarados too much...just didn't appeal to me as well

As for the Ho oh Sprite, I don't know why I like it better...no not cause its my favorite uber -_-

No, in fact, they made EVERY legendary pokemon look waaay better than their DPPl counterparts

Now just to see what they'll do with all the gym leaders, Red, Lance, and their themes :P

If theyre going to screw anything up, I really hope its not any of them

As for the Ho oh Sprite, I don't know why I like it better...no not cause its my favorite uber -_-

No, in fact, they made EVERY legendary pokemon look waaay better than their DPPl counterparts

No offense, but you're blind. lol Ho-Oh now looks like a hideously posed Turkey-Peacock hybrid. The legs are way to spread out, one is slightly longer than the other even though they start at the same spot and perspective is roughly equal, and his head feather crest thing lost half his height. It's like Arceus was drunk when he made Ho-Oh's in Johto. xD