How good do you think the upcoming pokebank will be at checking for hacks?

NarcoticHobo

As of now many pokemon can be created in pokegen well enough to pass gts checks and pokecheck.org.

I suspect poke bank will have much better hack detection than the current gts does, but the question is how much better? Will it exceed pokecheck, or still only check for basic legality? Will it be able to detect pokemon created in pokegen as their press release hinted?

Thoughts?

it will never exceed pokecheck because gamefreak considers pids to be random numbers used for bit flags and such, so they will never use them to check anything, and they don't even recognize the existence of trashbytes because they're really garbage created due to programming flaws that happen to have some consistency.

see here: http://tcrf.net/Notes:Pok%C3%A9mon_HeartGold_and_SoulSilver

"Random value" a little ways down is the pid. and a bit of trivia: "Rare" means shiny.

anyway, my point is that they don't consider a lot of what pokecheck checks to be part of a poke's legality, so it will never match what pokecheck does.

They only rely on their first-party detection tools; it'll only be basic legality (battle, no PIDs). They'll never 'exceed' Pokecheck because Pokecheck is able to check absolutely everything imaginable, including RNG related stuff which GF ignores.

Pokecheck isn't perfect (has many faults), there isn't a prefect tool for check pokemons and Nintendo cannot check property. We need to wait for the next Gen for know abot the pokemon structure. Transfer from one generation to another make that pokemon lose many aspects that turns pokemon into legal to gen transfered.

I've mentioned this in other threads already, but if past official hack checkers are anything to go by, this hack checker will block some perfectly legitimate Pokémon.