PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

in fact, add pokèmon seems more difficult.. :/

but "transform" a Skitty and Delcatty (4 example, 'cause i don't like them >.<) into two different pokèmon with different base stat AND sprites... This is Really awesome, i think.

You know that it's actually more than 495, if you include alternate formes. And I can't remember what I heard about the possibility of adding more, but I thought I heard it was doable.

With the ARDS code for the wild pokemon modifier, there are actually 496 valid: 493: egg(494) + bad egg(495) + missingno(0). All the alternate forms share the same PokeDex Entry.

do you guys know, if you can edit pokemon sprites and icons. Also do you know if you can add more pokemon to the pokedex?
Yes, base stats will be editable and sprites will be handled eventually.
There's a ton of extra sprites, but there are only spots available for 493 pokedex entries. I've spoken with SCV quite a bit on the subject and he said the only way to add more would be an ASM hack, which is probably outside the scope of this program. However, the hack would only need to be developed once. Then the creator could provide a patch that would work for anyone seeking to add pokemon.

:wink: questions answered.

I don't pay much attention to this thread, but can it add pokemon to equal more than 495 (493 + 2 egg types)?

The goal will be able to edit everything about a pokemon. This will make the probability of adding brand new pokemon higher. We'll need that and in addition and ASM hack to allow for more pokemon as the game checks that the national ID is not higher than it has to be. The most difficult things will be adding a brand new cry and maybe the pokedex encounter data.

This is an odd question, but would it allow you to enter more characters that are supported by the game? Such as Ĉ, Ĝ, Ĥ, Ĵ, Ŝ, and Ŭ? Don't want it to treat them like Korean characters if I ever get around to editing the text. Also, would it be possible to make those characters show up in the naming screens? When you name your character, rival, Pokémon, etc.

This is an odd question, but would it allow you to enter more characters that are supported by the game? Such as Ĉ, Ĝ, Ĥ, Ĵ, Ŝ, and Ŭ? Don't want it to treat them like Korean characters if I ever get around to editing the text. Also, would it be possible to make those characters show up in the naming screens? When you name your character, rival, Pokémon, etc.

All characters already allowed in the game will be available for text editing.

Now about showing up in the naming, screens, I don't know. I can look into it and I think Jiggy-Ninja, made an AR code to allow Japanese character entry in English games, so that might help. But I'm not guaranteeing that.

Yes, but I was wondering if it were possible to make it allow more characters than it already does. Such as putting Korean character support in an English ROM.

Thanks for answering, though.

It's possible, but if I include it would not be anything that's coming soon. Although maybe to allow Korean Characters we could just switch the font files. Korean games include all the other language characters as well. I'll have to test that sometime.

So, how is PPRE 0.05 beta going on, how's the progress and how much more have you got left to do!!!?

I am focusing on the script compiler right now. As soon as its done, the 0.05 will be released. Then I will work on the other features for 0.06, 0.07, etc.

I am focusing on the script compiler right now. As soon as its done, the 0.05 will be released. Then I will work on the other features for 0.06, 0.07, etc.

My question may sounds extremely stupid, but with the word "script" you means (approximately X3):

"things that happen to your character in the game and its interaction with other people"? like: talking... ?

or it's totally different? (i hope no! xD)

....eh, another little question. I know from the screenshoot that it'll be possible to modify Base Power, PP, Type.... but it'll be possible to change the effect of a specific move?

... and animation i think it'll be iM-possible to modify xD, i'm wrong?

My question may sounds extremely stupid, but with the word "script" you means (approximately X3):

"things that happen to your character in the game and its interaction with other people"? like: talking... ?

or it's totally different? (i hope no! xD)

Pretty much what you said. Most of what happens in the game as far as OW interactions is managed by scripts.
....eh, another little question. I know from the screenshoot that it'll be possible to modify Base Power, PP, Type.... but it'll be possible to change the effect of a specific move?

... and animation i think it'll be iM-possible to modify xD, i'm wrong?

Well, its not impossible, but it will not be included for a long while (if ever).

The goal will be able to edit everything about a pokemon. This will make the probability of adding brand new pokemon higher. We'll need that and in addition and ASM hack to allow for more pokemon as the game checks that the national ID is not higher than it has to be. The most difficult things will be adding a brand new cry and maybe the pokedex encounter data.

Ooooo...

That will be difficult. That will involve hacking the *.sdat file, because I know for a fact that the cries are stored in that (in *.swav files, I think.). I didn't think about that when I mentioned that.

Pretty much what you said. Most of what happens in the game as far as OW interactions is managed by scripts.

Well, its not impossible, but it will not be included for a long while (if ever).

yeah, thanks. So i was right.

Well, for the complete move editor i'll wait :3

And editing the map of the world? it'll be released in future, too? -if ever-?

go SCV you rock mate! this is the best pokemon hacking software i ever seen thanks i can hardly wait you done a great job on it so far that i see

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

SCV im not sure if this is possible but are you able to edit the internet server like usa platinum server changes to Japanese server so what ever events on wi-fi right now you have access to then change back that would be cool if you could do that but i know there is 1 problem probably trying to find out what the server is if any1 can find it in the ROM