PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

Music to my ears.

Is there still a long to-do list on the road for the next version or can we expect 0.5 (or whatever's the new release name) in some days/week(s)?

Well, as soon as script editing is stable 0.5 will be out.

The other editing features will be added shortly after. So, hopefully a few days.

Meh... I'm playing around with some scripting right now, but i can't get my head around why the ROM keeps crashing when i'm using the "Receive YYYY quantity of XXXX item" command, which is 007B - XXXX YYYY .

In PPRE, I've got a npc with this blank layout:

49 00 DC 05 (couple of 0's - my workspace) 00 61 00 02

which does nothing but at least (with the 61 00 which is somehow needed; 49 00 DC 05 begins the script and 00 02 ends it) doesn't crash the rom.

Putting in 7B 00 01 00 01 00, which SHOULD give me a Master Ball (right?), just blindly crashes the rom image, and i have no idea why. If it's not hard to explain and just a really simple thing that i'm missing out (a command that is needed to finish item givings?), could anyone (SCV? :biggrin: ) help me out here? Much appreciated :grog:

Meh... I'm playing around with some scripting right now, but i can't get my head around why the ROM keeps crashing when i'm using the "Receive YYYY quantity of XXXX item" command, which is 007B - XXXX YYYY .

In PPRE, I've got a npc with this blank layout:

49 00 DC 05 (couple of 0's - my workspace) 00 61 00 02

which does nothing but at least (with the 61 00 which is somehow needed; 49 00 DC 05 begins the script and 00 02 ends it) doesn't crash the rom.

Putting in 7B 00 01 00 01 00, which SHOULD give me a Master Ball (right?), just blindly crashes the rom image, and i have no idea why. If it's not hard to explain and just a really simple thing that i'm missing out (a command that is needed to finish item givings?), could anyone (SCV? :biggrin: ) help me out here? Much appreciated :grog:

The best thing to do is to look at example scripts. There is alot of times where variables are used and many times a command is preceded by a check of some sort. We don't have all commands figured out in terms of what they do.

So your best bet is to find the script that has the script where you get a masterball and go based on that. Also with scripting with hex there is ALOT of things that can break, with seemingly small changes. That is why we have been working on the script compiler.

Yup, there's a lot to break, that's why i keep my backups clean & updated =)

What I find really strange is, in the event editor, if i'm changing for example a persons' hex id (eg 94 for rival) into something else, this works in about 80% of all cases with no problem. On 20% it disables any event or warp from working, which is really weird ( = broken). I mean, I do it once, it breaks, okay, I get the backup, I do the SAME stuff (changing just 2 bytes!), and wow, it works. I don't see any logic behind this.

Anyway, here's hoping for the new release in the next days =D

I would like to applaud SCV for being able to make this... It must have been incredibly difficult!

Anyway... can't wait to be able to use it, the screenshots of it are making me slightly impatient ha! Would it be possible to predict when the PPRE will be available for download?

I would like to applaud SCV for being able to make this... It must have been incredibly difficult!

Anyway... can't wait to be able to use it, the screenshots of it are making me slightly impatient ha! Would it be possible to predict when the PPRE will be available for download?

Well for a prediction, I said above that a few days. So what that means is less that a month from when I posted it. But I would have wanted for less than a week. At this point I don't know exactly, but I'm still shooting for within a month from when I posted it. But maybe sooner. Maybe a week.

Also, this is just for the script editor, which is what I am focusing on. Other things will come shortly after.

Well for a prediction, I said above that a few days. So what that means is less that a month from when I posted it. But I would have wanted for less than a week. At this point I don't know exactly, but I'm still shooting for within a month from when I posted it. But maybe sooner. Maybe a week.

Also, this is just for the script editor, which is what I am focusing on. Other things will come shortly after.

Okay thanks... sorry if I sounded a bit pushy... I will pay more attention to previous posts :) Well done again for being able to do this... I wouldn't have a clue :biggrin:

I see 0.05(is it?) looks a lot better than the previous one.I have absolutely no idea on how to use that one, it looks like the Nitro explorer with some buttons which links to sth I dont know how to use:confused:.

Anyway this one is great. I hope it is out in the next week.

BTW can I use it on Platinum(J)?

I see 0.05(is it?) looks a lot better than the previous one.I have absolutely no idea on how to use that one, it looks like the Nitro explorer with some buttons which links to sth I dont know how to use:confused:.

Anyway this one is great. I hope it is out in the next week.

BTW can I use it on Platinum(J)?

No, this will not work on any other games except the US ones.

This is because the scripting is different because of different hex. :wink:

Yeah I hoe they release a download link on the page.

No, this will not work on any other games except the US ones.

This is because the scripting is different because of different hex. :wink:

Yeah I hoe they release a download link on the page.

Actually it will work for every language version.

P.S. Wayne7, sorry for not responding earlier.

There's a ton of extra sprites, but there are only spots available for 493 pokedex entries. I've spoken with SCV quite a bit on the subject and he said the only way to add more would be an ASM hack, which is probably outside the scope of this program. However, the hack would only need to be developed once. Then the creator could provide a patch that would work for anyone seeking to add pokemon.