PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

You have to do the rudolph patch first, before you use ppre; if you didn't, you'll have to do it all over, probably.

If you're saying you did use rudolph's patch first, and you still have a white screen issue, well, I don't know. I'd need a ton more info to be able to help you. Like, go into the details of exactly what you changed.

You have to do the rudolph patch first, before you use ppre; if you didn't, you'll have to do it all over, probably.

Hmm, I used the Rudolph Patch after I used PPRE, on the written ROM to be clear. Maybe you should try that (too), T to the M?

also, beware altering the maps with scripts on them. you have to replace the scripts with gibberish, or the game will freeze on those maps every time.

Since I am altering the maps too, I am facing a problem again. :( I replace the scripts with gibberish, but it seems that PPRE reproduces the 'original' scripts and therefore the game still freezes... Even when I click 'save changes' after editing every single script, it will revert to a normal script. How can this happen? Unlike the scripts, all other information like the Wild Encounters are correctly saved. :S

• 2 weeks later...
Since I am altering the maps too, I am facing a problem again. :( I replace the scripts with gibberish, but it seems that PPRE reproduces the 'original' scripts and therefore the game still freezes... Even when I click 'save changes' after editing every single script, it will revert to a normal script. How can this happen? Unlike the scripts, all other information like the Wild Encounters are correctly saved. :S

It's supposed to do that.

anyone getting this error?

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "ppre.pyw", line 259, in openMapEdit

File "ppre.pyw", line 1687, in __init__

File "ppre.pyw", line 453, in ReadScriptNarc

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'tmp_Pokemon HeartGold/root/a/0/1/2'

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "ppre.pyw", line 259, in openMapEdit

File "ppre.pyw", line 1687, in __init__

File "ppre.pyw", line 453, in ReadScriptNarc

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'tmp_Pokemon HeartGold/root/a/0/1/2'

This sounds like a cool program, i'll have to download it :)

Wait, how do you use this, do you have to load a game save? Because my AR can't backup game saves :(

Look title please PPRE, R = ROM Not Save editor.

if you want edit save file, yu can go to : http://projectpokemon.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?88-PokeGen or http://projectpokemon.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?80-Saves is maybe help you out :)

I'm trying to edit Heart Gold and make my own version of the game.. but I have one major issue..

When I open my untouched rom and I'm done editing for the first time, I do this:

now click the orange/yellow-circled button 'Write ROM'. Wait a minute again and take a look at your PPRE folder. A new file called platinumedit.nds (or something else, depending on the rom you're changing) should be created!

mine is heartgoldedit.nds

but you see, I want to make a complete overhaul of the game, not edit when bulbasaur evolves into ivysaur :tongue:

my question is, how do I continue my project, the next day? I tried to open the heartgoldedit.nds with ppre, but

should I AGAIN write a new Rom, heartgoldeditv2.nds etc. everytime I'm done for the day? Or should I just stick with heartgoldedit.nds, from the

first edit?? so confused ..

Last time I tried to do a big project, I had over 8 roms with different versions, and at the end it didnt save half of my changes and it turned out to be one big mess?!!

can someone pls. help me or direct me in the right direction? :frown:

thanks in advance :redface:

my question is, how do I continue my project, the next day? I tried to open the heartgoldedit.nds with ppre, but should I AGAIN write a new Rom, heartgoldeditv2.nds etc. everytime I'm done for the day? Or should I just stick with heartgoldedit.nds, from the first edit?? so confused

I do not know if it is correct what I am saying, but I believe you have to create those folders again and again. So, when you edit 'heartgold.nds' first, you write it as 'heartgold01.nds' or something like that. The next day, you start editing 'heartgold01.nds' and write it as 'heartgold02.nds' when you are done. The folder of the game you are editing is a temporary one, I thought. All in all, you have to write the ROM and throw the temporary folder in your trash bin. :)

The temporary folder keeps your current progress. So you can call the name of the original ROM you were using (even if it's not in the folder, since it just opens tmp_ROMNAME without the .nds). The only reason why you would delete the temp folder is to erase your progress and open up that ROM clean again.

ok thanks for the quick reply Sunny day and Alpha :)

So if I'm correct, everytime I edit a rom I write a new rom. This way the new rom will always remember the changes I did, say 3-4 roms ago?

The only thing I have to remember is, that I don't delete the tmp_"romname" folders, as they act like the "brain" in this process? :)

example:

after editing the original rom "Pokemon Heart Gold.nds" and writing a new rom "heartgold01.nds", I go back to ppre and press "Choose a Rom".

The two roms in the folder show up, but the "Pokemon Heart Gold.nds" has a (Saved) in front of it? Again should I just go with "heartgold01.nds", or

what does this mean?? :(

thanks again