• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the download link

i saw those screenshots which were great but sadly i m unable to

open pokemon platinum rom with it

can any body please post a tutorial on how to use it

and how to edit pokemon types and base stats with it

please post it soon

• 2 weeks later...

This looks great so far. I've edited my Heart Gold ROM to try it out, and the Wild Pokemon location changing works well enough. However, unlike changing wild pokemon in earlier games, doing so in this game doesn't seem to change their location data in the in-game pokedex. Do you plan on somehow implementing a way to do this in this project?

• 2 weeks later...
What's happened to the trainer editor under maps in v14? It worked fine most of the time. Is there any possibility of it returning in the next release?

Trainer Editor never left. Are you perhaps looking at a map that doesn't have any trainers on it? Try looking at a route.

I opened a rom that I had been working on a while ago in PPRE1.2 and attempted to edit it, I recieved the following Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "ppre.pyw", line 2274, in updateMap

File "ascript.pyc", line 537, in writeScript

ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'MoveDownFast'

Is there anyway this traceback can tell me where my error was in the old version, as I don't want to have to trawl through the whole script to find it?

I was editing Platinum, and I attempted to save changes on Route 201.

I opened a rom that I had been working on a while ago in PPRE1.2 and attempted to edit it, I recieved the following Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "ppre.pyw", line 2274, in updateMap

File "ascript.pyc", line 537, in writeScript

ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'MoveDownFast'

This is an error in PPRE. It was known for about a week, but I was the only one who had issues with it. The current download was replaced with the fixed version. (Still b014)

I have some troubles with the Pokémon Editor. For example, I changed a Pokémon's moveset and now it keeps learning weird moves every level it gains.

For example, at level 33, it keeps learning Dragon Rage and Frenzy Plant, as if it is programmed 100 times. It kept showing up, so I had to learn it..

I really like the Script Editor changes though. Keep this great work up!

I have some troubles with the Pokémon Editor. For example, I changed a Pokémon's moveset and now it keeps learning weird moves every level it gains.

For example, at level 33, it keeps learning Dragon Rage and Frenzy Plant, as if it is programmed 100 times. It kept showing up, so I had to learn it..

What pokemon, what moves, what level are they learned, etc.? I think more info is needed to diagnose your issue. I've tried many of my edits and they all seem to work just fine.

What pokemon, what moves, what level are they learned, etc.? I think more info is needed to diagnose your issue. I've tried many of my edits and they all seem to work just fine.

Well, this is the story.

I tried to add some 'Fakemon,' just with fun / testing purposes. For example, I changed Growlithe in some kind of mushroom and Staryu in a fairy. I made that mushroom evolve in the fairy, so that means Growlithe evolves into Staryu. Staryu can't evolve any further this way, so I deleted Starmie as his evolution.

Then I edited their names via thenewpoketext, their sprites via PokéDSPic and their Party Sprites with PokéDSPicParty.

Subsequently I edited their movesets. They now both have a completely different moveset, with all kinds of grass moves. Oh, and their Pokédex Information, Types, Egg Groups, Hold Items, Base EXP and all these other things have been edited as well.

So I caught a 'Growlithe' (mushroom) in the game. I trained it and it learned all the moves it should learn, for example Poisonpowder etc.

At level 27 it evolved correctly. But the fairy (Staryu) was a bit messed up when talking about moveset. It should learn Synthesis at level 33 and so it did, but it learned moves like Frenzy Plant and Dragon Rage as well. At level 34, it shouldn't learn a move, but it learned Dragon Rage 5 times, so I had to stop them all. Every level I raised it, it learned more attacks, like Signal Beam, Dragon Rage, Frenzy Plant and Tail Whip. I have to say that these moves were predominant.

Maybe I messed up something while editing. I hope somebody knows how to fix this.