PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By any chance, do you know why the ROM refuses to open in the emulator after editing has been done? It is one of the many issues that I have. Also, after writing ROM once it doesn't write again when I try to do some more editing. But my huge problem is really the fact that the ROM doesn't open in the emulator. I mean, it opens enough to press the Play or Pause button but it just remains white screened from there.

Never mind. I have it under control.

Edited by GalacticBoss46

• 4 weeks later...

I just had an odd bug happen to me. I modified the text strings for map "Sandjem Town R1 01" and put my own text in as follows:

text_0="Oh, \v0103\z0000, is it?\nI've been expecting you."
text_1="My name is Prof. Birch. I am a\nPokémon researcher.\rI saw that you moved here yesterday.\rI was compelled to give you a Pokémon,\nseeing as your dad is a gym leader.\rEver since the arrival of \v0103\z0001,\nI've been wanting to see if I can\rfind her someone to visit."
text_2="Now, let me ask you.\rWould you like to become friends\nwith Pokémon?"
text_3="Well, that's what I didn't want to hear.\nLet me ask again.\rWould you like to become friends\nwith Pokémon?"
text_4="Splendid! That's what I want to hear!"
text_5="I have three Pokémon here, Torchic,\nTreeko and Mudkip.\rI want you to have all three."
text_6="\v0103\z0000 recieved the three\nPokémon!"
text_7="Now that you have some Pokémon,\nwhy not ask \v0103\z0001 for a battle?\rI'm sure she'd have fun."

I hit the save button many times as it doesn't like to save, and when I reloaded the text, I had this:

text_0="Oh, \v0103\z0000, is it?\nI’ve been expecting you."
text_1="My name is Prof. Birch. I am a\nPokémon researcher.\rI saw that you moved here yesterday.\rI was compelled to give you a Pokémon,\nseeing as your dad is a gym leader.\rEver since the arrival of \v0103\z0001,\nI’ve been wanting to see if I can\rfind her someone to visit."
text_2="Now, let me ask you.\rWould you like to become friends\nwith Pokémon?"
text_3="Well, that’s what I didn’t want to hear.\nLet me ask again.\rWould you like to become friends\nwith Pokémon?"
text_4="Splendid! That’s what I want to hear!"
text_5="I have three Pokémon here, Torchic,\nTreeko and Mudkip.\rI want you to have all three."
text_6="\v0103\z0000 recieved the three\nPokémon!"
text_7="Now that you have some Pokémon,\nwhy not ask \v0103\z0001 for a battle?\rI’m sure she’d have fun."
text_8="Lucas: Boy, am I glad you’re kind\ntoward Pokémon.\rIf you weren’t, well...\nI don’t even want to think about it.\r"
text_9="Professor: Er-hem!\nLet’s move on to the main topic.\rThere is something I want you\nto do for me.\r"
text_10="My name is Rowan.\nI study Pokémon.\rFirst of all, I want to know exactly\nwhat kinds of Pokémon live in the\x25BDSinnoh region.\rTo do so, it is necessary to collect\ndata using the Pokédex.\rThis is what I wish to ask of you.\rI want to entrust you with this\nPokédex.\rWill you use it to record data on all\nthe Pokémon in Sinnoh for me?"
text_11="Rowan: ...\r...\r...\r...\rI can stand here without speaking for\nhours. I’m a very patient man.\rLet me ask you again, \v0103\z0000.\rI want to entrust you with this\nPokédex.\rWill you use it to record data on all\nthe Pokémon in Sinnoh for me?"
text_12="Rowan: Hm!\rGood answer!\r"
text_13="\v0103\z0000 obtained\nthe \vFF00\z0001Pokédex\vFF00\z0000!"
text_14="Rowan: That Pokédex is a very\nhigh-tech device.\rIt will automatically record data on\nevery kind of Pokémon you encounter.\r\v0103\z0000, I ask that you go\neverywhere and meet every kind of\x25BDPokémon in this region!\r"
text_15="Dawn: I’ve got one, too!\r"
text_16="Lucas: I’ve got the same kind of\nPokédex as you.\r"
text_17="Rowan: When you walked up Route 201\nwith your Pokémon, what did you feel?\rI’ve lived for 60 long years.\nEven now, I get a thrill when\rI’m with a Pokémon.\rNow, you should know that there are\ncountless Pokémon in this world.\rThat means there are just as many\nthrills waiting for you out there!\rNow go!\r\v0103\z0000, your grand adventure\nbegins right now!\r"
text_18="Rowan: Go on!\r\v0103\z0000, your grand adventure\nawaits you!"
text_19="Dawn: The Pokémon that I used for\nthe first time was \v0100\z0001!\rIf you would have chosen\n\v0100\z0001 at the lake, we’d\x25BDhave the same Pokémon now!\rNot that it matters, but...\rAnyways, I’m Dawn.\rI also help the professor add pages\nto the Pokédex.\rSo, in a sense, I’m just like you.\rI just got a little head start on\nyou, that’s all.\rI’ll be happy to teach you things.\nGlad to meet you, \v0103\z0000!\r"
text_20="Lucas: The professor asked me to\nhelp, so I’m going to go out and fill\x25BDthe Pokédex pages, too.\rThat makes us comrades working\ntoward the same goal.\rI’ll teach you stuff later, OK?\r"
text_21="I’m \v0103\z0000’s father.\rI’ll be happy to assist you on your\nquest for the professor.\rHahaha. Eh...\nI’m sure we can count on you!"
text_22="Professor Rowan invented a new\nPokédex while working alongside a\x25BDprofessor from the Kanto region!"
text_23="                                                           "
text_24="Adventure Rule No. 1\nThe X Button opens the menu."
text_25="Adventure Rule No. 2\nRecord your progress with SAVE."
text_26="It’s crammed full of books with all\nsorts of Pokémon information."
text_27="There’s a lot of reference material\nand research reports on Pokémon."
text_28="Rowan: Ah, \v0103\z0000!\rYou’ve come to show me your\nprogress on the Pokédex?\r"
text_29="Hmm...\rSo, you’ve seen \v0134\z0000 Pokémon.\r"
text_30="What’s wrong?\rYou’re not going to tell me you’ve\nseen too few to bother showing me?"
text_31="Bravo, \v0103\z0000!\rYou’ve recorded all the Pokémon of\nSinnoh in your Pokédex!\rThis will help immeasurably with my\nstudies on Pokémon evolution...\r"
text_32="Rowan: Hm! \v0103\z0000, I’ve been\nwaiting to see you!\rYou’ve met every kind of Pokémon\nthere is in the Sinnoh region!\rThis will help immensely with my\nstudies on Pokémon evolution...\r"
text_33="Oak: Greetings, Professor Rowan!\nIt’s been a very long time!\rI’ll tell you, Sinnoh certainly is\na long trip from Kanto.\rOf course, if it means meeting new\nPokémon, there’s no distance too\x25BDgreat for the likes of us to travel.\r"
text_34="Rowan: Oh! If it isn’t my old\ncolleague, Professor Oak!\rI should have expected as much from\nthe world’s authority on Pokémon!\rWe always used to joke, “Where\nthere are Pokémon, you’ll find Oak!”\rIt’s good to see that hasn’t changed\none bit!\r"
text_35="Professor Oak, let me introduce you\nto my young assistant.\rThis youngster has filled every page\nof the Sinnoh Pokédex for me.\r"
text_36="Oak: Ah, well, very glad to meet you!\nAs you’ve heard, my name is Oak.\rI’ve been hearing a great deal about\nyou from Professor Rowan lately.\rHe’s been exuberant in praise about\na fantastic young Trainer.\rI see that you live up to--no--that\nyou’ve surpassed his praise.\rYou’ve also got an impeccable sense\nof timing.\rYou see, I had an errand to run for\nProfessor Rowan on my visit here.\rHe’d asked me to bring the data\nfor the National Pokédex, you see.\rSo, since you’re here, let me upgrade\nyour Pokédex with the National Mode.\rAfter all, there are many kinds of\nPokémon in this world of ours!\r"
text_37="\v0103\z0000’s Pokédex was upgraded\nwith the National Mode!\r"
text_38="Oak: I’m afraid it won’t be easy to\ncomplete the National Pokédex.\rHowever, I’m sure you will make an\nhonest attempt on our behalf!\r"
text_39="Rowan: Have no fear, \v0103\z0000\nwill get the job done.\rBy the way, Professor Oak, what\ncompelled you to visit this region?\r"
text_40="Oak: Ah, yes. I’ve heard that the\nPal Park is now open.\rIf I remember correctly, it’s at the\nend of Route 221.\rThe Pal Park has a special system\nthat attracts every imaginable kind\x25BDof Pokémon from every region.\rI’ve come to make certain that\nsystem is operating properly.\r"
text_41="\v0103\z0000, you should make an\neffort to visit the Pal Park, too.\rOops! I’ll be late for my meeting if\nI don’t get going!\rOK, it was a pleasure seeing the both\nof you! Bye, now!\r"
text_42="\v0103\z0000, you should make an\neffort to visit the Pal Park, too.\rOops! I’ll be late for my meeting if\nI don’t get going!\rOK, it was a pleasure seeing the both\nof you! Bye, now!\r"
text_43="Rowan: Off he goes, as busy as\never...\r"
text_44="Now, \v0103\z0000...\rI have a gift here as your reward\nfor completing the Sinnoh Pokédex.\r"
text_45="Rowan: That’s the Pokémon Radar,\nor just Poké Radar for short.\rUse it, and it will indicate grass\npatches where Pokémon are lurking.\rI’d prepared that to help my field\nassistants put together the Sinnoh\x25BDPokédex, but you took care of that!\rI’m sure it will be useful for your\ngoal of filling the National Pokédex."
text_46="Rowan: The world is immense.\nThere are many more Pokémon.\rThat means there are many more\nthrills for you to seek and enjoy!"
text_47="\v0103\z0000 checked the PC.\rThe screen is filled with special terms\nand academic writing that is impossible\x25BDto figure out."
text_48="Research materials are carefully\ntucked away."
text_49="The refrigerator is filled with\ntasty sweets! Mmm..."
text_50="It’s really quite something!\rImagine... Cataloging every kind of\nPokémon in the Sinnoh region!\rAnd in complete contrast, there’s\n\v0103\z0000...\rAnyway, you’ve been great for the\nprof’s Pokémon-evolution research!"
text_51="Yes, that’s correct.\rProfessor Rowan has been studying\nPokédex systems with Professor Oak.\rProfessor Oak is Professor Rowan’s\njunior in terms of seniority."

There's times when it won't even do that, but I thought I'd mention it and make PPRE as bug-free as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm having another problem. Only the Map part is working, when I click on anything else then it doesn't come on. Any ideas why?

This problem happened to me at first too. When you run 'thenewpoketext.exe', you have to wait for it to display a list of options to indicate that it's done extracting. It actually takes a decent while.

I cant do anything, i select the rom, i put set rom, i click something to edit and then NOTHING HAPPENS

:frown::frown::frown::frown: :(

You have to use 'thenewpoketext.exe' to convert the rom into an editable file before you can do anything.

Now, for a question of my own- how exactly are the TMs ordered? I'm guessing the final row on the far side is HMs, but I can't figure out the others. Also, is it possible to make it so the editor recognizes Cherrim's different apperances as different forms?

• 4 weeks later...

I am very sorry if this has been asked before, it's kind of hard to keep up with 38 pages :P

Anyways I am trying to edit when my Pokemon evolve in Heart Gold but when I change from Trade to Level I don't get the option to choose a level as a number. It is still grayed out. Does it not work? S: I am fine with making them level with Happiness instead but it would be nice to know this first.

I am very sorry if this has been asked before, it's kind of hard to keep up with 38 pages :P

Anyways I am trying to edit when my Pokemon evolve in Heart Gold but when I change from Trade to Level I don't get the option to choose a level as a number. It is still grayed out. Does it not work? S: I am fine with making them level with Happiness instead but it would be nice to know this first.

If I recall correctly set it to level, close it, and re-open it. It is possible to change it to level (see my hacks for proof) I just am not fully sure how I did it anymore but try that and let me know...

If I recall correctly set it to level, close it, and re-open it. It is possible to change it to level (see my hacks for proof) I just am not fully sure how I did it anymore but try that and let me know...

Yeah that works, thanks :)

thanks guy, tools is very cool. but i have a question, can u help me? in the game pkm, we used to play game turn-based strategy, but we can play a batlle of pokemon which same as a fighting game, a pkm can have the advantages from terrain ( a rock-pkm can easy play in the moutain, a grass pkm can more healthy when battle is in the rain,.. exemple), and two pkms have two actions in the same time? So, the game pkm is very big ( 1 GB, 2 Gb,..) ? what do u think about my question?

Thanks for read may question!!!

thanks guy, tools is very cool. but i have a question, can u help me? in the game pkm, we used to play game turn-based strategy, but we can play a batlle of pokemon which same as a fighting game, a pkm can have the advantages from terrain ( a rock-pkm can easy play in the moutain, a grass pkm can more healthy when battle is in the rain,.. exemple), and two pkms have two actions in the same time? So, the game pkm is very big ( 1 GB, 2 Gb,..) ? what do u think about my question?

Thanks for read may question!!!

There is no way you're ever going to be able to do that by editing a pokemon game. To make a game like that, you'd have to program it from scratch. Not saying it would be impossible, as I know other people have done very similar things, but you won't be able to do it by using this.

Thank u!! i think it is difficult to do. in the future, i hope that we can do it. with pkm fire red,can u remake in type .nds ? it is a interesting story but its graphical is very bad. of course, if u have the link, tell me, plz. thanks again.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thank u!! i think it is difficult to do. in the future, i hope that we can do it. with pkm fire red,can u remake in type .nds ? it is a interesting story but its graphical is very bad. of course, if u have the link, tell me, plz. thanks again.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If a Map Editor for the fourth generation games is released, then it should be quite possible to edit a nds game to mimic Fire Red. The issue, of course, is that no one has managed to make a map editor yet, though many people are trying their hardest.

• 2 weeks later...

My game freezes after I try to leave the Goldenrod City Gym. I beat Whitney but that game freezes as I try to leave to trigger the girl that tells me that she cries after a loss. I can't use the gibberish and wild Pokemon trick because there are no wild Pokemon in Goldenrod. Any help?

My game freezes after I try to leave the Goldenrod City Gym. I beat Whitney but that game freezes as I try to leave to trigger the girl that tells me that she cries after a loss. I can't use the gibberish and wild Pokemon trick because there are no wild Pokemon in Goldenrod. Any help?

Are you using NO$GBA? If so, I encountered that issue a few times on Platinum. The only way I've found to bypass it is to rename the save file so it's a save file for the non-hacked game (be sure to back it up!) and then move through that area or cutscene in the non-hacked one before saving and changing the save file back to the hacked game.