A-Save (3rd Generation Save Editor)

KazoWAR

The bit should be set if and only if the species is Mew or Deoxys. There's more info here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-228036.html

There are other things that set the fateful flag. Most notably, every single Pokémon from xD Gale of Darkness has it set. Not that it actually does anything, since removing it has no effect on the Pokémon.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm using the latest VBA, and that may be causing problems, but it says that the .SAV that I'm trying to open is the wrong size "The file size is invalid"... it's exactly 64kb, which I thought was the right size... using a Ruby .SAV and have it's untouched by anything but VBA....

Hi,

I'm using the latest VBA, and that may be causing problems, but it says that the .SAV that I'm trying to open is the wrong size "The file size is invalid"... it's exactly 64kb, which I thought was the right size... using a Ruby .SAV and have it's untouched by anything but VBA....

128KB is the proper file size, but the game can still work with 64KB.

Try using this to convert the save from Raw to Raw (128KB), and see if that works.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I know this post was from seven months ago, but can anyone confirm if the RTC fix in A-Save truly fixes the clock in RSE back to its normal form (after going to different areas, saving, loading more areas, saving, etc.)? I'm really hoping that it does, want to try to get back to battling my friends in their Secret Bases.

Hey! I'm the user you're quoting there. As you might have seen when reading through the thread, I have posted a later update saying that while berries grow, daily events still don't happen, at least not with the fix discussed so far. I don't know if that is my fault for simply resetting the RTC instead of entering whatever exact date would be required but I can tell you that Secret Bases etc. will sadly not refresh after 24 hours. If you want to re-battle someone in a Secret Base, you have to mix records again with them (and the desired team).

Back when these posts were made, I was quite happy with just having berries grow again. However, it would still be really cool to get all of the time-related events working again. I will start looking into it again, but from what I can tell others like KazoWAR themselves have a much better understanding of the RTC and other time-related things than I do. If anyone knows what to do to actually re-enable not only 'time' (berry growth etc.) but also daily events again (that rely on the day switching) without having to change the cartridge's RTC (*not* the date saved in a save file), I'd be very grateful for any help!

Edit: It seems the only way to make it all properly work again is to use Adam's RTC editor that allows you to access the cartridge's RTC, not just edit the date values in the save file. I have successfully repaired my GBA games with that tool. (It doesn't work on games with save files that have been tempered with by VBA and the (computer's) RTC enabled, though. It seems VBA really messes up save files if you enable its RTC.) So far there's only a version for GBA flash carts, maybe one day someone will make a version for DS flash carts as well.

Edited by decymin

Edit: It seems the only way to make it all properly work again is to use Adam's RTC editor that allows you to access the cartridge's RTC, not just edit the date values in the save file. I have successfully repaired my GBA games with that tool. (It doesn't work on games with save files that have been tempered with by VBA and the (computer's) RTC enabled, though. It seems VBA really messes up save files if you enable its RTC.) So far there's only a version for GBA flash carts, maybe one day someone will make a version for DS flash carts as well.

Hi,

maybe BulbapediaTalk isn't the right site for lengthy discussions. I almost forgot I had an account here.

I have two cartridges that had their battery run out, replaced and RTC patched to work again. Both had contact with VBA (1.8.0 SVN926 - farming items is much easier with a memory viewer and savestates) so both had the "last saved value" somewhere in 2014.

Furlock included the source so it should be possible to port it to DS flash carts. It's been some time since I compiled DS-stuff (Pokreader DS; never took the time to translate the page from german) so don't hold your breath but maybe I'll try someday.

Did you manage to get berries growing in the savefile that seems to be "forever corrupted" by VBA? Does the clock in the player's room still move? Did you try "transplanting" the savefile to another cartridge? If you send my a copy, I could try sending it to one of my cartridges and see if I can find out anything.

Regards,

TCC

I have two cartridges that had their battery run out, replaced and RTC patched to work again. Both had contact with VBA (1.8.0 SVN926 - farming items is much easier with a memory viewer and savestates) so both had the "last saved value" somewhere in 2014.

Fascinating. Glad it worked for you.

Furlock included the source so it should be possible to port it to DS flash carts.

I actually had a friend working on it for one day. But we created a 'plugin' for the DSTWO card and only then realised that such plugins can't actually access the GBA cart, lol. And when he decided to code it as an .nds file (like the GBA Backup Tool), I found my old GBA flash card and could use Adam's program after all, which made him stop. xD

It's been some time since I compiled DS-stuff (Pokreader DS; never took the time to translate the page from german) so don't hold your breath but maybe I'll try someday.

Well, if you do, let us all know. :) And thanks for that link; I speak German and it's good to know that tool exists. :)

Did you manage to get berries growing in the savefile that seems to be "forever corrupted" by VBA?

Yes, by resetting the save-file time values that you can edit via A-Save ('Reset RTC').

Does the clock in the player's room still move?

I think so, but the time in game is not the time I see when I open/edit the file in A-Save.

Did you try "transplanting" the savefile to another cartridge?

No. Now that you mention it, it seems weird that I'd never thought of that. I might get another US/Europe Ruby cartridge and could try it with that; save on the other cartridge and then move the file back to the old one … (or would that work with Sapphire, too? Emerald? Japanese Ruby? ^^)

If you send my a copy, I could try sending it to one of my cartridges and see if I can find out anything.

Oh, thanks! I've attached my current save file from my German Ruby game. (I'm not too happy about this as I don't like people cloning things that way, but I don't think I have many rare/special things on this save file anymore anyways. ^^)

The save file has once been saved on in VBA with VBA's RTC enabled. Then I reset the time values A-Save allows you to reset. Then I accessed and changed the cart's RTC with Adam's tool. Berries grow but daily events do not work. I might just no longer be able to see an obvious solution, as I have been dealing with that one game for so long and have become increasingly frustrated … ^^

I should note that when I used Adam's tool on this Ruby game, it first told me that the 'power flag [was] raised' and didn't let me set the RTC. I kept refreshing with Start, though, and at some point it did show a time and I could edit it. My other games I used Adam's tool on didn't show that behaviour, except for my Japanese Sapphire game, for which I would either get the 'power flag raised' message or some very odd RTC values and for which I couldn't change the RTC at all. Not sure if this is relevant. When I look at my Ruby game with Adam's tool now, it shows me the RTC value I set perfectly fine (and consistently going forward).

If you do find the time to look at it and figure something out, let me know, would be awesome! :)

2014-09-15-PokemonRubin-German-TimeNotWorking.sav

2014-09-15-PokemonRubin-German-TimeNotWorking.sav

Hey, my name's Zak

I was sent to this forum due to one of my posts about having knowledge of gba save editing, as well as experience with web coding. Is anyone by chance interested in coding a GBA save editor online with me, completely in php?

I already have pokemon extraction down, and have a gbaDatabase website where you can upload your save to share and download pokemon with other people, as well as check hidden stats. (http://zaksabeast.info/gbaDatabase)

Is anyone interested in my site or wanting to make a full-on GBA Save editor with me online? I have many functions completed already such as unscrambling the save, splitting it into two files (backup and actual save), as well as the XOR and checksum functions. All that's really needed is the address at which pieces of the game are and how large they are (for editing purposes).

Thanks~

-Zaksabeast

• 2 weeks later...

KazoWAR,

I got an error while opening a save file. I use A-Save 1.23, trying to open a french Ruby Version save (128kb). The save is at the very start of the game, in the truck at Littleroot Town. Here is the error message :

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau.
  à Pokesav_Advance.Main.button_Open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
  à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I'm playing on VBA-M from the last WinDS Pro update, and the option Real Time Clock is checked. And here is the save file : 001.pkmrubis-debut.SAV

• 1 month later...
Hi,

maybe BulbapediaTalk isn't the right site for lengthy discussions. I almost forgot I had an account here.

Furlock included the source so it should be possible to port it to DS flash carts. It's been some time since I compiled DS-stuff (Pokreader DS; never took the time to translate the page from german) so don't hold your breath but maybe I'll try someday.

Did you manage to get berries growing in the savefile that seems to be "forever corrupted" by VBA? Does the clock in the player's room still move? Did you try "transplanting" the savefile to another cartridge? If you send my a copy, I could try sending it to one of my cartridges and see if I can find out anything.

Regards,

TCC

I wish I didn't drop out of the scene so soon. I highly doubt it, but has there been any movement in terms of transferring that GBA Flash Card program for use on a DS Flash Cart? Unfortunately don't have a GBA Flash Cart for use at the moment...

I wish I didn't drop out of the scene so soon. I highly doubt it, but has there been any movement in terms of transferring that GBA Flash Card program for use on a DS Flash Cart? Unfortunately don't have a GBA Flash Cart for use at the moment...

Doesn't look like it. :/ If you trust strangers on the net and the mail service, you could send me your game(s) and I could repair it/them for you. Send me a PM if you're interested. :)

• 3 weeks later...

kazowar,there some pokes of my sav tha can't be edited with your program.when I click in their image to open the edit menu, it doesn't appear the image of the pokemon.it appears the image of a bad egg and I can't edit the pokemon.how could I solve this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that the item caps are 999 in-game, but the editor shows only 99.

I own a GCW Zero, and I've been editing a FR save with this program.

Only complaint I have is the former: item caps are a digit off.

Been trying to use VBA-M and use Cheat Engine to alter the values, but it seems the values can't be found, no matter what I do.

So yeah, x99 -> x999? Thanks.

It seems that A-Save is using a hard-coded directory separator of \, which breaks running A-Save on Mono running on platforms that aren't Windows and on Japanese versions of Windows (which apparently use ¥, but I couldn't test that), since it's unable to find the Data folder or anything inside of it. This can be worked around by renaming everything in the data folder recursively, but would you mind fixing this by using the Path.Combine method and create a new release?

Alternatively, I would fix this myself, assuming you'd provide me the source code. I'd, however, have to build with Mono, and I'm not sure if it'll build at all, and if it does, whether the Mono-generated executables will work on Windows.

I'm curious about initiating events through this save editor. I didn't bother going back through the pages of this thread, so I don't know if it was mentioned already. I put the AuroraTicket and MysticTicket but got nothing.

A search query of "fire red aurora" helped me (a specific YouTube video with Gameshark codes entered into VBA).

I imported my GCW Zero's save into VBA's Battery folder, loaded the game, added the codes, and CAN CONFIRM access to NR and BI.

I'm curious about initiating events through this save editor. I didn't bother going back through the pages of this thread, so I don't know if it was mentioned already. I put the AuroraTicket and MysticTicket but got nothing.

You can't trigger the event with a save editor alone. Although you can put the tickets into your inventory with A-Save you still have to use the activation cheat codes for the events. Those can be found on the internet pretty easily though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Is it really to hard to create an editor for 3 gen. pokemon (After many years of on and (mosty)off work, I am ready to release A-Save, a 3rd Generation Save Editor. ) ? I would to create an android version (I know Java).

No. What happened was i started it some time before hgss and then i stopped working on it to do the hgss translation stuff and hadnt touched it for years. Then i picked it back up and redid alot of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear KazoWAR... Appreciate your efforts on making a save-editor...

i'm not sure if this question have been asked before or not, so...

I'm wondering if it's possible to edit a pokemon ability freely..

Example... let say my Current Blaziken have Blaze Ability, i can't seems to change it in the current version editor which is v1.24...

or is there a way to generate Speed Boost Blaziken PID? or something like that...

Thanks in Advance.. :)