A-Save (3rd Generation Save Editor)

KazoWAR

Link it with a GBA flashcard with the e-reader on it or find a barcode to print and scan with a real one?

Thank you. I have no idea were to get a GBA Flashcard at so I will try to printing off for the Eon ticket

Any thoughts on how to get the other ticket events for FireRed, and Emerald. (Naval Island, Birth Island, and Faraway Island) All of these are English Games.

#Make badges count editable

#Make it possible to inport/export party or pokemons to the party

#Make it possible to export/inport pokedex info

#make it possible to export inport item list

#I cant have more than 99 pokeballs, its possible to have 999.

Bug?

Bug?

BUG.png

Questions:

what's the frame thing at trainer info?

What's the difference between IV and EV in pokemon stats?

Bug?

BUG.png

Questions:

Thank you. I have no idea were to get a GBA Flashcard at so I will try to printing off for the Eon ticket

Any thoughts on how to get the other ticket events for FireRed, and Emerald. (Naval Island, Birth Island, and Faraway Island) All of these are English Games.

Old Sea Map was never distributed outside Japan, so English Faraway Island Mews aren't legit. For the others there'll be some flag that gets set when they're received. I got a legit Auroraticket back in the day but since lost that save file, otherwise uploading the .SAV might shed some light on it. There's videos out there with gameshark codes and visiting the islands, so it should be possible to find a hack. I'll look into it.

Really it comes down to comparing a save just before and just after activating the event with a hack and seeing what memory locations changed. Other things like time played will have changed, so it's more complicated than just seeing it, but I think there's hope. At most, say, 50 variables would change then it would be a case of loading the save each time with just that variable changed to the new value and everything else left alone, but it could be a more complicated combination than just a flag. You get the ticket from a Pokemon mart guy right? That flag may store the item index of the ticket, so querying that in the list of 'changed' values might give it immediately.

I think getting badges triggers other gameplay events, so messing with flags like those is a bad idea.

There's an editor called Encyclopedia Pokemonica which imports/exports 3GPKM files and Piksav imports/exports PKM. For each, party and PC pokemon are stored as separate file sizes, so if you export a party pokemon you have to import it as a party pokemon. I'm working on a functionality suite to support the existing editors (not compete with them) which freely converts from one file to another. Will include the ability to sort pokemon by ID and pokedex number etc too, and lots of other useful bells and whistles. The actual editing of stats is best left to programs like A-Save.

You mean the caught/seen flags? I'm working on that, and the ability to 'merge' pokedeces between difefrent games, even different versions. So on Crystal you've caught Houndoom but not on FireRed? My tool will set Houndoom caught on both without deleting anything, and so on foe each.

Good idea.

Setting max of anything is a bad idea as when you find an item ball it won't let you pick it up.

Frame is like milliseconds, another measure of time more precise than second. 60 frames = second.

IV is like Pokemon's genes, can't be changed. EVs is like experience points gained as you train it.

My comments in bold.

I think getting badges triggers other gameplay events, so messing with flags like those is a bad idea.

Depends on the event. The elite four in the 4th gen doesn't actually check for the badges even though the NPC says he does. An advantage to badge editing is that all Pokémon are usable at any level.

Depends on the event. The elite four in the 4th gen doesn't actually check for the badges even though the NPC says he does. An advantage to badge editing is that all Pokémon are usable at any level.

Oh cool, but you need to beat all 8 to use waterfall right? Or is there some exploit? I didn't know that, thanks. Yeh you're right about the level thing too, suppose you could always just edit the ID numbers though.

Hi,

How did you figure out which parts of the save file does what? I know there is some articles on bulbapedia, but not everything can be found there. The Pokedex, for instance, is not detailed yet your editor can change it.

Looking at a few different saves in a hex editor I figure it should be some where around offset 0x28 in the first section, but changing those values seem to have no effect?

Anyway, thanks for making this tool.

Looking at a few different saves in a hex editor I figure it should be some where around offset 0x28 in the first section, but changing those values seem to have no effect?

I know enough about Pokemon GBA save files to tell you a hex editor is going to be pretty useless here. Pokemon GBA save games are divided into a number of blocks, which are rearranged to be "out of order" so that the data you're looking for won't necessarily be where you expect it. Plus, even with an unscrambled save file you'd still have to fix all checksums before the game recognizes any changes.

Old Sea Map was never distributed outside Japan, so English Faraway Island Mews aren't legit.

I know that but given my brother reset my emerald and lost me my TRU Mew. I would like to be able to get Mew back on the game. And because I can not find a TRU Mew File for Gen 3 games only Gen 4 games. I stuck with going for the Old Sea Map.

I have an Xploder for GBA but from what I have geather is there is No codes for Emerald for it. I might get an Gameshark I know there are codes to get to Faraway Island using one but I have not found one for cheap in a long time

Bug?

BUG.png

Questions:

Bug?

Are you looking for "HM 01 (CUT)"?

A special measure of time used by the game. One 1/60th of a second.

I typed "ev iv" into google and found this site:

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/misc/evs_ivs

very tl;dr: IVs are random and unique for each pokemon, EVs can be changed using berries etc. Both affect pokemon stats.

I know that but given my brother reset my emerald and lost me my TRU Mew. I would like to be able to get Mew back on the game. And because I can not find a TRU Mew File for Gen 3 games only Gen 4 games. I stuck with going for the Old Sea Map.

I have an Xploder for GBA but from what I have geather is there is No codes for Emerald for it. I might get an Gameshark I know there are codes to get to Faraway Island using one but I have not found one for cheap in a long time

I can't guarantee the legitimacy of the MYSTRY Mew on there, but there is an Emerald save file on GameFAQs that has two of them on it.

(In the "GAMEBOY ADVANCE PRO ACTION REPLAY SAVE (NORTH AMERICA)" section)

You're going to have to use XPS2SAV to convert it, because VBA can't import .xps save files by itself and I don't know of any other emulators that can take care of them.

I can't guarantee the legitimacy of the MYSTRY Mew on there, but there is an Emerald save file on GameFAQs that has two of them on it.

(In the "GAMEBOY ADVANCE PRO ACTION REPLAY SAVE (NORTH AMERICA)" section)

You're going to have to use XPS2SAV to convert it, because VBA can't import .xps save files by itself and I don't know of any other emulators that can take care of them.[/QUOTrtE]

I am not using VBA I have the Retail Cart

Also were can I get this XPS2SAV I have looked but I can not find a working link

This has been something people have been asking about for years now... and now we can finally easily edit our saves without the need of using codes, works very well and i appreciate taking your time and effort to create an editing tool for something thats now pretty old yet still enjoyable!