A-Save (3rd Generation Save Editor)

KazoWAR

KazoWAR, can I ask you to take a look at my Pokemon Liquid Crystal save? It's basically a ROM hack of FireRed and I can't find an editor that can write successfully, but they can read them fine. Some editors like Pokemon Encyclopedia can open them, but they complain that they are invalid and load the data anyway just fine. But, when it comes to saving, none of them, not even yours could write the modifications to the save file correctly. I think it might be related to the checksums being invalid. If you want to take a crack at it, please reply. I'll upload the saves and some information for you. It would be cool to see ROM hacks work with this editor successfully.

Weird, it fails to load the pictures and icons for me... even though A-Save works for me (it didn't before you updated it to work with Microsoft .NET 4.0)

Clicked Party/Storage; Changed Box

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Data/Images/Icons/412_00_0.png

w System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)

w Pokesav_Advance.Party.UpdateIcon(UInt32 Slot, UInt32 Pokemon, UInt32 Frame)

w Pokesav_Advance.Party.LoadBox()

w Pokesav_Advance.Party.Pokemon_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

w System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

w System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

w System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

w System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Hovered over Pokémon in Party

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Data/Images/Sprites/RSE/412_00_0.png

w System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)

w System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)

w Pokesav_Advance.Party.UpdateQuickLook()

w Pokesav_Advance.Party.pictureBox5_MouseEnter(Object sender, EventArgs e)

w System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseEnter(EventArgs e)

w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Spinda spots from Pokédex

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Data/Images/spots.png

w Pokesav_Advance.Spinda.Spinda_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

In the end, the error message also says something about JIT (just-in-time) debugging.

Weird, it fails to load the pictures and icons for me... even though A-Save works for me (it didn't before you updated it to work with Microsoft .NET 4.0)

Clicked Party/Storage; Changed Box

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Data/Images/Icons/412_00_0.png

w Pokesav_Advance.Party.UpdateIcon(UInt32 Slot, UInt32 Pokemon, UInt32 Frame)

w Pokesav_Advance.Party.LoadBox()

w Pokesav_Advance.Party.Pokemon_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Hovered over Pokémon in Party

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Data/Images/Sprites/RSE/412_00_0.png

w Pokesav_Advance.Party.pictureBox5_MouseEnter(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Spinda spots from Pokédex

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Data/Images/spots.png

w Pokesav_Advance.Spinda.Spinda_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

In the end, the error message also says something about JIT (just-in-time) debugging.

are you extracting the data folder with the exe?

Yeah, I extracted the folder with WinRar and launched A-Save.exe

(The antivirus is suspicious about file [which is damn weird because it didn't found any viruses. It's suspicious ONLY because "low reputation/prevalence of the file"] and was analysising it for good 2 minutes and... longer, so I had to restart PC and then add the file to the white list so it wouldn't analyse i-

FREAKING ANTIVIRUS. DON'T TELL ME HE IS SUSPICIOUS ABOUT THE PICTURES TOO?!

Ugh!)

Hmm... I removed it from white list and changed to the thing to ask me what I want to do if it's suspicious about file - so I said it to open it normally. The error still pops up... I don't think it's related to antivirus.

:/

Yeah, I extracted the folder with WinRar and launched A-Save.exe

(The antivirus is suspicious about file [which is damn weird because it didn't found any viruses. It's suspicious ONLY because "low reputation/prevalence of the file"] and was analysising it for good 2 minutes and... longer, so I had to restart PC and then add the file to the white list so it wouldn't analyse i-

FREAKING ANTIVIRUS. DON'T TELL ME HE IS SUSPICIOUS ABOUT THE PICTURES TOO?!

Ugh!)

right click the data folder and click properties. it should say "Contains: 2,662, Files, 5 Folders". if it says less then something is preventing it from extracting completely.

KazoWAR, can I ask you to take a look at my Pokemon Liquid Crystal save? It's basically a ROM hack of FireRed and I can't find an editor that can write successfully, but they can read them fine. Some editors like Pokemon Encyclopedia can open them, but they complain that they are invalid and load the data anyway just fine. But, when it comes to saving, none of them, not even yours could write the modifications to the save file correctly. I think it might be related to the checksums being invalid. If you want to take a crack at it, please reply. I'll upload the saves and some information for you. It would be cool to see ROM hacks work with this editor successfully.

seems the game is using its own form of checksums that PSavFix can not correctly fix in any of the modes.

2666 Files,5 Folders...

(Wait, where these extra 4 files came from? Icons have 887 files, sprites 1774, there's plus, minus, spinda spots...

Another weird thing is that sprites and icons add up to 2661, but there are THREE files in Images, not four. And I switched hidden files and folders on...

So I re-extracted the .rar file and the amount of files is now correct, but error still pops up.)

2666 Files,5 Folders...

(Wait, where these extra 4 files came from? Icons have 887 files, sprites 1774, there's plus, minus, spinda spots...

Another weird thing is that sprites and icons add up to 2661, but there are THREE files in Images, not four. And I switched hidden files and folders on...)

delete everything for A-Save except the rar and then right click the rar and click Extract to A-Save\ then see if the program can open images.

(Why it uses / when my PC uses \ for folders?

Also, since Windows has been reinstalled few times, PC doesn't recognize the .rar extension and manually setting WinRar to be used to open that extension doesn't work. So I had to do it manually. Again. What.

...Damn, this PC is old. Oldest thing dates back to July 2007 though I also had Windows 98 so it's probably even older.

...why every error defaults to Egg's sprite/icon? [well except spots' error])

there's a similar mechanic in the later gens, too. as part of the real time clock monitoring, they track every change of a minute throughout the day, starting at midnight(1440) through the next 11:59 (0). and using savestates or swapping saves around will break it pretty badly for obvious reasons.

then again, perhaps it has something to do with the game not updating the rtc until you change areas. this actually happens. the cart's rtc will update, but the game's will not. are you actually playing through? or just loading the save and vising the berry guy? if you're just visiting him, try this:

-load the game

-change areas(so the area name updates) a couple times

-enter and exit a couple of houses

-save again

-wait until you know the berry guy should be working again

-enter and exit another house

-visit him

I've tried this now a few times and on several games but it didn't work. If there aren't any new ideas of how to not only enable berry growth (which works fine) but also the berry master (who doesn't give out berries anymore), I'll probably try different things with the RTC settings. Maybe setting everything to 0 wasn't the best idea, maybe the 'adventure started' value should be the same as the other one etc.

(Why it uses / when my PC uses \ for folders?

Also, since Windows has been reinstalled few times, PC doesn't recognize the .rar extension and manually setting WinRar to be used to open that extension doesn't work. So I had to do it manually. Again. What.

...Damn, this PC is old. Oldest thing dates back to July 2007 though I also had Windows 98 so it's probably even older.

...why every error defaults to Egg's sprite/icon? [well except spots' error])

the data folder is in the same location as the exe right? also can you send me your sav pls.

This bug exist Now in the Japanese " ー" Signs, like シラーチ、ニャース and Others ...

1649-PokemonEmeraldJIndependent_zps12df10ac.png

the game uses the same hex code for ー and the dash like in ho-oh there are the same character ingame, i guess i could add a check to convert ー into a dash though.

the data folder is in the same location as the exe right? also can you send me your sav pls.

(Yes, yes it is:

- \A-Save has .exe and changelog

- \A-Save\Data ha PSavFix.exe and Images

- \A-Save\Data\Images has Icons, Sprites, minus.png, plus.png and spots.png

- \A-Save\Data\Images\Icons has 884 files while \Sprites has... 1772? [wait why it's now 1772 and not what it was when I extracted it first time? WinRAR, wut ur doing])

Save is rather unrelated.

I checked with multiple (read: three) saves.

Ruby - Pretty much hacked (lol Hall of Fame and 7 Badges, Cut doesn't work) but still working

Emerald - normal game

LeafGreen - About 250 Pokémon have OWNED entry (most of them legitimately traded from other versions)

I even checked with on a game that was untouched (minus getting the starter and saving so A-Save won't freak out). Didn't woork.

(And I don't think you feel like adding text-based interface)

(Yes, yes it is:

- \A-Save has .exe and changelog

- \A-Save\Data ha PSavFix.exe and Images

- \A-Save\Data\Images has Icons, Sprites, minus.png, plus.png and spots.png

- \A-Save\Data\Images\Icons has 884 files while \Sprites has... 1772? [wait why it's now 1772 and not what it was when I extracted it first time? WinRAR, wut ur doing])

Save is rather unrelated.

I checked with multiple (read: three) saves.

Ruby - Pretty much hacked (lol Hall of Fame and 7 Badges, Cut doesn't work) but still working

Emerald - normal game

LeafGreen - About 250 Pokémon have OWNED entry (most of them legitimately traded from other versions)

I even checked with on a game that was untouched (minus getting the starter and saving so A-Save won't freak out). Didn't woork.

(And I don't think you feel like adding text-based interface)

can you try v1.20

Error is still here and seem to haven't changed...

I backed up System.Drawing.dll and edited that backup copy... Everything seems okay?

SystemDataOracleClient get_IsTransient set_IsTransient SystemManagement

useEmbeddedColorManagement SecurityElement Complement lfEscapement Statement

Under the error, there was stuff "mscorlib", "System.Windows.Forms" and few other stuff - all but A-Save with Win32 Version as "4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel" and another versions which was "4.0.0.0" (A-Save had 1.0.0.0 on both) plus CodeBase which had files' location

Also, why second line of Sprites error seems to not link to anything?

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Data/Images/Sprites/FRLG/412_00_0.png

w Pokesav_Advance.Party.pictureBox1_MouseEnter(Object sender, EventArgs e)

PC, y u hate me?

(Guess I'll need to use original Enciclopedia (or translated one) which works fine...

How does it use pictures?

It does use .NET Framework, as I proved by picking FRLG and opening Emerald

The error goes for similar files (like System.Windows.Forms). Interestingly, the original (Spanish?) has error entirely English and as such the mysterious version seems to be "Assembly Version" (here it seems to be... 2.0.0.0? while Win32 version is 2.0.50727.42(RTM.050727-4200) - wait, what?) but the English version has error in my language with the versions the same as for A-Save.

Both have no problems with sprites and icons, anyway.)

Hey, it works!

(Gender symbols show as empty squares/rectangles [similar to if eg. Wikipedia article had Japanese characters but your PC didn't support them], but that's not important*).

*It shows them correcly in Notepad, Firefox and such things; but again, this is not exactly important.

(Also, did I say how I like your avatar? Dat expression.)