Editing a pokemon to make them shiny while still keeping myself as the OT?

TescoBag

Hey guys,

I've edited a pokemon to make them shiny by using the generate shiny ID feature - this changes the SID to create a shiny pokemon as far as I am aware.

When I've sent my save file back to my DS, the game treats my pokemon like it has been traded. I assume this is because the SID doesn't match - is there a way to make them match while still having the pokemon shiny?

Thanks!

SID=Secret ID of the Trainer

PID=Pokemon ID

The Pokemon ID has info about shinyness. The Secret ID helps determine the Pokemon's owner.

So if I just want to make a pokemon shiny, no other changes how would I go about this?

Generating a shiny ID works, but as I said before the game doesn't see me as the pokemons original trainer?

It's amazing how little everyone knows after all this time. PID and OT ID are both equally involved in shininess determination, evandixon. You can exclusively modify the PID to make your Pokemon shiny. There's never any NEED to modify the trainer information. If you're one of the morons who care about your data matching game-generated data, then there are some cases where you won't be able to match the PID properly.