Flaming Other Pokémon Fansites

fenzo666

It has come to the attention of the Project Pokémon Team that many forum members have been making slanderous remarks regarding other Pokémon fansites; more specifically Serebii. We kindly ask that all members refrain from flaming these other fansites. As such, one of our rules have been modified:

Be considerate of other members and Pokémon fansites.

This encompasses many of our rules. Specifically, do not offend other members and/or Pokémon fansites in the IRC or forums. Do not flame or write slanderous comments regarding any other websites and/or members. Keep in mind that CAPS LOCK is generally considered shouting and should only be used accordingly. You will be penalized if you do not follow these rules.

Project Pokémon would like to maintain a healthy relationship with all other fansites and this is only possible with the cooperation of our members. As stated above, anyone not willing to cooperate will be punished. Thanks for reading and abide by the rules.

I just did a search for "Serebii" and didn't see any problems, except for some discussion in the Wiki sub-forum, and that was only from like one poster. Is there a certain post/thread/whatever that bought this to attention?

Not that I don't agree with the rule. I do. We should be respectful to other websites. Give credit where credit is due, and all that good stuff.

This came to be as far as I know, because Floot and a couple of other members in the IRC wanting to go do a spam attack in Serebii's IRC channel using the excuses of it being 'fun' and whatever.

Well, it's good to know the origins of this. I do fully agree with it, and if any immature crap like that does happen, we can safely say that it wasn't supported by PP.

I just did a search for "Serebii" and didn't see any problems, except for some discussion in the Wiki sub-forum, and that was only from like one poster. Is there a certain post/thread/whatever that bought this to attention?

Not that I don't agree with the rule. I do. We should be respectful to other websites. Give credit where credit is due, and all that good stuff.

Well, some of us have edited some of the comments so most problems are not visible.

I always found it pointless flaming at them, i mean there information is exactly the same to different Pokemon sites, like Marilland, and even here.

I always thought soon there a rule will be created to forbid the action, one more thing, who makes the rules? they seem so honorable and literate.

why don't use serebii?

i use it all the time

ow and regarding the new rule totally agree +1

They have some wrong information. We get our information from reliable sources.

If I did do this before the rule was established, would I get an infraction? After all, I wouldn't have known that I couldn't.

New rules don't affect what you do in the past. Don't do it again and you'll be fine.

why don't use serebii?

i use it all the time

ow and regarding the new rule totally agree +1

Because we want to gather the information ourselves, and not copy other people.

Serebii, like any one else, occasionally has errors. We do not want to copy these errors onto our website.

I also support this rule, as some other pokemon websites do not deserve the harsh comments other members give them.

Well, a bad site should be criticized. I like this new rule, but it specifically doesn't mean we can't talk about the flaws about the other site, does it? I don't know when a conversation like that would come up, but if one did, as long as the posts are respectful and not baging on the site but merely talking about it, would that be fine?

Well, a bad site should be criticized. I like this new rule, but it specifically doesn't mean we can't talk about the flaws about the other site, does it? I don't know when a conversation like that would come up, but if one did, as long as the posts are respectful and not baging on the site but merely talking about it, would that be fine?

But there's something called respect, as you have pointed out. It's pretty hard to not bash a community with little respect for it.

This is a good rule. There are plenty of people on some other sites with bad things to say about this place so we don't need to go down to their level.

I will say I like certain sites more than others. Some have forums that are easier to use than others but I think it is pointless to trash talk another place.

It is best not just for Project Pokemon but for all the other fan sites to get along.

If I did do this before the rule was established, would I get an infraction? After all, I wouldn't have known that I couldn't.

This site was established in the USA right? If not then just disregard the post.

I'm almost positive the site was established in the USA and therefore abides by there rules.

Well, in the united states amendments or something like that you can not be punished for an act you committed before there was a law against that act. So in this case legally you are protected :tongue: but of course I doubt the fair administration of the site would infract you for something like that before there was a rule. I'd be shocked if you got infracted for it (I'd have to be too if they infracted you)

This site was established in the USA right? If not then just disregard the post.

I'm almost positive the site was established in the USA and therefore abides by there rules.

Well, in the united states amendments or something like that you can not be punished for an act you committed before there was a law against that act. So in this case legally you are protected :tongue: but of course I doubt the fair administration of the site would infract you for something like that before there was a rule. I'd be shocked if you got infracted for it (I'd have to be too if they infracted you)

Abide by United States laws when on this site.

Project Pokémon is hosted in the US, and as such all material on it must abide by US laws. This means you cannot upload or link to pirated material (copyrighted material which you do not have the rights to distribute). If you mention having a ROM in any of your posts, we will assume that you backed it up from a retail cartridge that you own. If we have reason to believe that that is not the case, any offending posts will be removed and the poster will face consequences as detailed below. By extension this means there should be absolutely no discussion of pre-release leaked ROMs or Pokémon distribution ROMs as there is no legal way to obtain one. Should you need to share an edited ROM with others, you must use a patch file; linking to or uploading a ROM, even if it has been edited, is strictly forbidden.

SOURCE: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279

They have some wrong information. We get our information from reliable sources

This sort of statement is part of the problem. By saying that, you are inferring that my site does not utilise reliable sources, which we most certainly do, that is how my site became the most popular one. If I didn't have reliable sources and reliable information, people would not go to my site.

Yes there may be a couple of errors here and there, but if you point them out, I'll fix it. Just moaning that there are errors is not what can be called as helpful.