trouble using shiny2 on 3ds.

crimsonsoulz

So I missed the Keldeo distribution from Gamestop, but found his .pkm file on the internet. I haven't dealt with transferring pokemon via the GTS exploit since HGSS. I downloaded shiny2 and placed the keldeo.pkm file within a folder that I then specified in shiny2. My problem is I can't seem to edit the internet settings on my copy of Black2 because my router doesn't support an encryption type that the DS can work with. I tried editing the 3DS internet options but I'm a little lost as to what to change. help would be greatly appreciated.

In a nutshell:

I downloaded a pkm file that I want to transfer to my copy of black2 using my 3DS.

• 2 weeks later...

Next time, please post this in the Miscellaneous section of the forum so I can find it. I was linked to this by a friend, hence the late reply.

To make Shiny2 work, you need to set your Primary DNS IP to the IP of your computer. Let's say, your router is 192.128.1.254; it'll assign your PC an IP address of like...192.168.1.64, for example. You set the DNS IP in Shiny2 to that IP address, and then you set your Primary DNS Address in your 3ds to the same IP address as your PC. I cannot stress that enough.

Once done, make sure no firewalls are blocking the ports, and no programs (like Skype) are running that take up Port 80, and then you can use Shiny2!