Pokemon Perfect Platinum

Roland

So I figured I would share this

with everyone... Apparently he thinks he can out do me! LOL Meh, I guess we will see...

Wolfsclaw here, under a new nickname. (Please forgive me any grammar/vocabulary errors in advance, no native english speaker here)

I wasn't actually planning to respond to your reply on GBATemp, but seeing that you seem to find yourself in a competition which is not there and has never been there, I will try to stress that, which should be obvious, again, just so you too get it in your head:

There is no plan to out do you.

I have been working on my own so-called 'hack' of Pokemon Platinum before I got to know of yours. It is my own creation out of only one reason: for fun. It is fun for me to use the available tools, to dig into the hex code and to learn about other ways of editing the closed-source game that is not intended for editing.

Therefore, there is no race for 'Who delivers the best Platinum hack?' that will declare a winner and a loser.

Pokemon 'hacking' is not about rivalry, but about 1) fun for the creators and 2) fun for those that like to play it.

I am not Apple, and you are not Microsoft.

We both use the tools that SCV, loadingNOW and others are programming for the community and not for the use of only one arrogant being; we both do it for fun, not for profit. Therefore, I can't steal any potential money, cars, girlfriends... from you, there is nothing from me that interfers with your freedom of ROM editing.

I am also not stealing any ideas; I've stated before that I got the idea with hacking the trade-evolutions from you, but firstly there is no trademark on this idea and secondly, this does not even come from you, the guide for the right hex values is right there on pokecommunity and you and me have both just followed the guide. Which was, once again, made for the use of all, to encourage 'hackers' to dig into DPP stuff, so that we can soon enjoy many various hacks for these 4th Gen games.

I am also not copying your hack concept. Our hack versions differ in many aspects: Mine has text edited and some other events/scripts changed than yours. The wild Pokemon are located elsewhere than in your version. My edited trainers use other Pokemon than in your version; etc.

Then why couldn't our both versions co-exist? You act like a childish maniac, being like 'Oh no! He wants to out do me! I have to improve my hack over his! Oh, and Im also so cool that I get all the information directly from SCV, nobody can beat me!'. Seriously, get out of your cold-war-like state of mind and let my hack be mine as I let your hack be yours.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, take a deep breath and chill out! I said I just get a bit competitive... Your tone on GBATemp almost made it seem as though you were saying you were gonna do better by "listing the things that your hack has that you thought perfect platinum did not"

Much like when two companies that sell similar products and one lists what the other does not have or cannot do.

With that said, I am curious as to what script event changes you have successfully made? I was working with one of my fellow scriptors and my script actually ended up permanently breaking Platinum (see post 31 on page 3 of this thread)

ADDED IN A FEW MORE THOUGHTS:

I never said anything about improving my hack any further than I already have planned... In a way you can consider it a piece of advice! Look at the first several posts in my hack thread on pokecommunity! I was accused several times of being a "copycat" so if anything, you may want to put a great deal of thought into your hack so that you are not accused of copying me... I have already seen at least one person copy 1 of my files and claim it as their own hack, and they actually almost got themselves banned because they were offering the fully hacked ROM... I'm just sayin, think about what you are doing and becareful how you approach people and present your ideas...

I think I'm with Jamuko on this one. Increasing the odds would be awesome! Having to work just a little bit for it is okay by me. (Just not too much my luck with shinies are bad enough already)

Nice work on the hack so far, Roland. I was thinking of making a encounter location list, do you have someone else working on one at the moment?

For shiny Giratina, are you capable of improving the odds for a shiny without making it 100%? Even something like 5-10% might be cool, just to make it fun without being a guarantee.

I'm not certain, but maybe...

I think I'm with Jamuko on this one. Increasing the odds would be awesome! Having to work just a little bit for it is okay by me. (Just not too much my luck with shinies are bad enough already)

Nice work on the hack so far, Roland. I was thinking of making a encounter location list, do you have someone else working on one at the moment?

I do not, but you may want to hold off on it, as some pokemon are likely to be moved

I really think you should add a jirachi event...

Awhile ago, there was this rumor that the white rock near the space station in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald could give you jirachi somehow..

obviously not true, but it would be cool if you scripted some sort of event at the white rock where you get shaymin or something (maybe somewhere else)

Are you able to make certain events trigger with certain pokemon in your party? Using something like that would be cool :B

I really think you should add a jirachi event...

Awhile ago, there was this rumor that the white rock near the space station in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald could give you jirachi somehow..

obviously not true, but it would be cool if you scripted some sort of event at the white rock where you get shaymin or something (maybe somewhere else)

Are you able to make certain events trigger with certain pokemon in your party? Using something like that would be cool :B

I am awaiting the ability to, as soon as I have it, it will be done... I have several planned, and some I may just make up on the fly (I'm good at that)

About the pokedex Problem. If you can edit the events why don't you activate the national dex at the start and change what prof. says when you get the first dex?

Sky Blue

This has been asked many times and I have considered it, but there are a lot of events that rely on the receipt of the national dex.

I don't want all those events flying around before you even challenge the elite four or there will be no challenge to the game. It's bad enough for the time being legendaries are random encounters...

Honestly that would require way too much! Not every sprite in the game has all the animations that the player character have, and a whole bunch of new screens and events would have to be written for it...

I do agree, it would be a nice touch but practically impossible...

very nice work... especially the challengers mode. The battles are orgasmic in difficulty.

Just a suggestion though. Could you make the gym leaders in battleground appear every hour, rather than every day? Also could you make them just a teensy bit harder and with a sixth pokemon?

I'm not forcing you or anything, but if you could that would be sweet.

*nvm

I decided to not be so lazy and edited it myself. Thanks again though!

Edited by kooties