Pokemon Perfect Platinum

Roland

Hi, I think I've foung a "bug" playing PPCE. I finally got into eterna forest and got immediatelly ambushed by scyther and a pinsir both lvl 23. I think that is too high for that part of game as my strongest pkmn was like 14 and the strongest pokemen ever seen until that was Mars's lvl 19 purugly. And little bit later there are lvl 23 out in the wild? I mean even trainers in Eterna forest don't go over lvl 20. And what's more its scyther and pinsir with their insanely (at this point) high stats?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the National Pokedex unlocked after beating the game unlock the data entries for all these pokemon? I'd be entirely alright not encountering other-region pokemon until getting the National Pokedex or getting the National Pokedex from the start.

Edit:

This has been asked many times and I have considered it, but there are a lot of events that rely on the receipt of the national dex.

I don't want all those events flying around before you even challenge the elite four or there will be no challenge to the game. It's bad enough for the time being legendaries are random encounters...

Yeah, that makes sense. Still, though, if it ever gets made that these other pokemon don't show up until that point, that'd be cool.

Edit2: To clarify, while I like the idea of getting all pokemon from any region without the National Pokedex, I really only stumbled upon this thread because I was googling for a hack that allowed the catching of pokemon not normally in Platinum.

Hi, I think I've foung a "bug" playing PPCE. I finally got into eterna forest and got immediatelly ambushed by scyther and a pinsir both lvl 23. I think that is too high for that part of game as my strongest pkmn was like 14 and the strongest pokemen ever seen until that was Mars's lvl 19 purugly. And little bit later there are lvl 23 out in the wild? I mean even trainers in Eterna forest don't go over lvl 20. And what's more its scyther and pinsir with their insanely (at this point) high stats?

It is Challenger's Edition for a reason.

Edit2: To clarify, while I like the idea of getting all pokemon from any region without the National Pokedex, I really only stumbled upon this thread because I was googling for a hack that allowed the catching of pokemon not normally in Platinum.

This will definitely provide that for you. X-D

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Are the trade mods of the four default in-game trades? Also, do the event items you get from them working? I worry because Origin Platinum had a similar system where some people would straight up give it to you, like the old man that give you the Secret Key. When in Origin Platinum, though, the Secret Key did straight-up nothing. Completely worthless. So I say again, do your event items work and are they from the default IGTs

Are the trade mods of the four default in-game trades? Also, do the event items you get from them working? I worry because Origin Platinum had a similar system where some people would straight up give it to you, like the old man that give you the Secret Key. When in Origin Platinum, though, the Secret Key did straight-up nothing. Completely worthless. So I say again, do your event items work and are they from the default IGTs

The items do work here. Of course, they are not from the normal in-game trades; they are modified to have the items. There is a chance that the other hack did not include the appropriate flags that needed to be set, because some flags do need to be set for certain events to work (not just having the item).

The closed poll says that the Giratina should be shiny... so why isn't it? Or does it change when caught by means of ultimate #4><0RY

Because it was never implemented to be shiny. I think the poll was closed when Roland realized that you can't force a shiny encounter easily in Pt.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
shoulda known :P

you know, with what you're capable of, you could make a pretty damn nice SM64/SMG2 mod. If I ever hear that you're working on something like that, expect me to be there ;)

Don't hold your breath lol

The pokemon projects started for me because I got tired of not being able to catch all of them in one game, especially with many not being available in whatever the current gen would be. I felt this made the games incomplete since you could never get the completed pokedex. (well most can't without hacks or cheats or mods) And then there's the difficulty, which for the past several pokemon games, to that point in time, didn't exist. So I did something about it. And then they made a remake of my favorite pokemon game up to that point in time, Gold. I couldn't not play it, and again it had to have them all. I almost didn't do a Silver mod because Gold was all I, personally cared about. But then the perfectionist kicked in and I thought about the fan base and so I decided, Silver's mod had to happen too.

Then they added even more Pokemon and I decided it was no longer worth it to try and figure out logical wild locations for many of the Pokemon. (especially since I am/was no longer familiar with every pokemon)

So that's the story of Perfect Platinum, Perfect Heart, and Perfect Soul.

They were birthed by desire, and became a necessity.

If there are specific mods you would like to see in those games, start working on em yourself and see where it takes you. If you want em bad enough, you'll finish. ;-)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm playing PP right now. post-EF for 2 months, currently working on the National Dex and I found out that some pokemon seem like unable to find, even appear in the dex

Those are the water starters of gen 2 and 3, sableye, nidoranF, and some others. I have searched all the location in the guide (the three lakes) and even bulbapedia for how to catch them but no use.

SO if anyone have them in the dex, please tell where you found them, I really don't want to use AR code on this.

Also, I can't evol slowpoke to slowking, I have lv.58 slowpoke hold king's rock and level up on daylight, he turned into slowbro O.o

• 1 month later...

Hi. I want to know which emulator is best to play this game and if it is Desmume or No$gba I would appreciate to know how to make it a little bit faster like with the best settings to play Pokemon Platinum.

Also, there are a lot of Desmume and No$gba emulators versions around in the web, so I would also like to know where to download them or what version exactly should I download to play without the usual freezing/black screen problems.

And last, I have a few questions about this Perfected Pokemon Platinum Version.

I have included every Pokemon scattered throughout the Sinnoh Region. Unfortunately, due to lack of scripting tools at this time many previous (pre-D/P/P) legendaries can be encountered randomly (most if not all are level 70+).

What does that means? Will I be finding Legendaries randomly through Sinnoh like normal wild pokemon battles?

I did my best to keep the Sinnoh dex somewhat accurate, but any Pokemon that is not in Platinum will not appear in the Pokedex. I apologize for any inconvienence but we just don't have the tools to edit the Pokedex at this time.

So, pokemon that does not belong to the local Sinnoh pokedex won't appear in the National Pokedex even when I unlock it? Say, elekid is a first generation pokemon I think and does not appears in the local pokedex and can only be acquired after playing the game with pokemon FireRed at route 205 of Sinnoh (At least, it is that way in Pearl/Diamond) and after acquiring the National Pokedex. So with this version of platinum even if I catch elekid or any pokemon that doesn't belong to the Sinnoh region won't appear in the Pokedex?

BTW: I want to download the non-GUI version (even tho I am not exactly sure what roles GUI plays here, but since it bug-free I chose it) but the download link is down!

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
On 3/7/2016 at 4:28 PM, educova said:

Hi. I want to know which emulator is best to play this game and if it is Desmume or No$gba I would appreciate to know how to make it a little bit faster like with the best settings to play Pokemon Platinum.

Also, there are a lot of Desmume and No$gba emulators versions around in the web, so I would also like to know where to download them or what version exactly should I download to play without the usual freezing/black screen problems.

And last, I have a few questions about this Perfected Pokemon Platinum Version.

What does that means? Will I be finding Legendaries randomly through Sinnoh like normal wild pokemon battles?

So, pokemon that does not belong to the local Sinnoh pokedex won't appear in the National Pokedex even when I unlock it? Say, elekid is a first generation pokemon I think and does not appears in the local pokedex and can only be acquired after playing the game with pokemon FireRed at route 205 of Sinnoh (At least, it is that way in Pearl/Diamond) and after acquiring the National Pokedex. So with this version of platinum even if I catch elekid or any pokemon that doesn't belong to the Sinnoh region won't appear in the Pokedex?

BTW: I want to download the non-GUI version (even tho I am not exactly sure what roles GUI plays here, but since it bug-free I chose it) but the download link is down!

I'm sorry my guy, I don't check the email tied to this account anymore so I saw this 3 years later...
I hope you ended up going with the GUI version and answered your questions over time. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner

On 4/4/2018 at 7:05 PM, HKH4 said:

Its not completely perfect you cant get all the fossils in the underground right off the bat would be nice if you could add that

Not happening. For starters, it was completed 8 years before your post, and back then we had to make compromises in our ability in some areas due to literally learning what we were doing as we were going. The creation of this mod, as well as to a lesser extent my HG&SS mods, helped figure out many of the functions that we converted from Hex into a usable script.
This gen was a huge game changer for the modding scene back then because we had to learn a lot from scratch.
Also I might had that the idea of Perfection is subjective.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy/have enjoyed the mod despite the lack of instant fossil-based gratification