Next major feature

Codr

Whic major feature would you like to see added next?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Whic major feature would you like to see added next?

• Item editing
    • Mystery Gift support
    • More options for customizing the program
    • Other (Post and explain.)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trainer info editing (Name, ID, SID, Money, etc) really should have been added much sooner. The only reason I see for why it hasn't been added yet is that this program started out as one that could only edit *.pkm files.

So, Codr. Ready to impliment it? It really shouldn't be that hard, especiailly seeing that people have already found out how to decode that info.

So, Codr. Ready to impliment it? It really shouldn't be that hard, especiailly seeing that people have already found out how to decode that info.

None of the actual data is the difficult part. (Aside from the Pokedex data being a little more complicated than the rest.) The UI is ALWAYS what takes the most time and effort to get right. So where would you suggest that these controls be placed?

None of the actual data is the difficult part. (Aside from the Pokedex data being a little more complicated than the rest.) The UI is ALWAYS what takes the most time and effort to get right. So where would you suggest that these controls be placed?

Perhaps a little more space above the tabs and party area, to contain buttons or a toolbar, instead of having everything besides Pokemon editing in a menu strip.

Perhaps a little more space above the tabs and party area, to contain buttons or a toolbar, instead of having everything besides Pokemon editing in a menu strip.

In other words, you want me to take a step toward http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?24537-PokeGen-UI-updates!?

This is what we're talking about for yet another dialog:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xaa709brz26facu/trainerinformation.png

Minus the minimize and maximize buttons. It looks great, doesn't it?

I think the dialog box is just fine, in terms of format. However, Rival's name, money and play time might be useful as well. While I'm at it, a nice feature that a certain previous competitor had was the possibility to add 995 of all items in a certain category. That could save a lot of work in item editing.

And I hadn't said it before: thanks for all the work, Pokégen is amazingly better than Pokésav in the features it already has.

So the party/box icons are sitting right in your face while you're doing stuff with items, Mystery Gifts, C-Gear images, etc. Great!

That's not really how a tab control works... They are hidden from view when editing items and other things.

Maybe you didn't see the second image I attached?

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9944&d=1341175301

That just shows you how easy it is to get confused by such a bad design. Obviously I know how tabs work, but I misinterpreted the borders of where the tabs are.

I don't agree that a menu strip is better (although it works for AR code generation and extracting a *.pkm from an ARDS code).

Why don't you make a poll asking users what interface they would prefer? Having non-pkm editing features be in a menu, on a toolbar, or on a parent tab control (or some other thing no one has mentioned yet).

I agree with Codr, he didn't really even NEED to create this thread, he did so to get input, not be harassed because he won't agree with you. Ultimately it's his program, and if you were a Dev you would understand that. User input is important, but only he knows what his codebase looks like. Maybe it would take more effort to add a toolstrip than it would to add something else entirely. Toolbars tend to have alot of complexities and adding them to a program that doesn't really have need for one is just plain stupid and inefficient.

Hi,

What about a .PHL support?

Not especially editing but insert/extract at least.

There is Pokestock2 but with B2W2 we'll need an update and someone kind enough to translate it when it comes.

So people could easily use PHL files like we use a PGF. And maibe Guested would upload .phl instead of .pkm in DW section.

Also, I wondered if you would be motivated to make a GBA Pokegen.

With PokestockGBA, it's a pain to insert/extract pkm.

And with Enciclopedia, maibe I missed something but I can only open the first box.

+ there is no mystery gift support in 3rd Gen.

Regards

Unfortunately, I believe .phl files contain the data for an entire area of the High Link forest, not just one Pokemon.

It'd be better to create something original for High Link support.... probably wouldn't even need files, considering how basic it all is.

Yes indeed, Pokestock2 only allows to extract/insert entire zone. Personnaly I made exell file to order those: pkm/gender/move/phl file number.

But is it no other way to insert/extract phl files? Or is it simply how Pokestock2 works?

And yes it is very basic. So if pokegen allows to edit Heylink, maibe listing legal info would be enough(?)

For example: Misdreavus -- Gender available: both -- Move: none, destiny bound, inferno -- Date: Sept. 28, 2011 onward -- Games: BWB2W2