Strongest/Most OPd Non-Legendary in Generation 5

Nintz

The whole darn lot >:/

• Reuniclus (what do you get when you tack on a broken ability to a Pokemon with extraordinary stats, movepool, a boosting move, and a reliable recovery move?)
  • Haxorus (total noob Pokemon for people who have nothing better to do than spam STAB Outrage out of 147 base attack and base 97 speed... if that's not enough look at Mold Breaker + Earthquake, Dragon Dance, and Swords Dance)
  • Excadrill (Sand Rush + Swords Dance + sky high 135 base attack with STAB Earthquake + metagame dominated by sand, banned recently along with Thundurus from standards)
  • Conkeldurr (yeah go ahead and troll on other fighters with your base 140 attack power and reasonable bulk)
  • SHADOW TAG Chandelure (this has got to be the stupidest thing Gamefreak has ever created... 145 special attack, reasonable speed just to slap a Choice Scarf on, trap somebody and you're guaranteed that KO on most Pokemon)

Honestly I'm having trouble taking many of Gen V Pokemon seriously.

Agreed on Volcarona, though like most strong Pokemon, a 4x weakness to Rock and a weakness to Water and Flying keeps it in check. But it is a beast and sets up rather easily. Eelektross isn't too broken though, but it is certainly hard to counter. The speed is a huge letdown and it isn't too bulky either. Darmanitan was just made to abuse that crazy 140 attack power, Sheer Force, and large speed, though that frailty keeps it in check, particularly since Fire is not a great defensive type. I swear these new Pokemon are crazy. I'd also want to say Scrafty, but he's not as bulky as I thought he'd be. I'm also tempted to say Ferrothorn and Whimsicott, but they're not really overpowered, just annoying.

Beheeyem and Gothitelle? Not in the slightest; they're fairly balanced but still cry "Pursuit weak". Gothitelle with Shadow Tag, however, can be lethal, but she's not too scary in general. Most of the Psychics in this game function well in Trick Room; they're the bulky yet slow types (stares at Musharna), but Magic Guard and Recover is what separates Reuniclus from the rest; not to mention its stronger SpA stat and its incredible defences. It can even live a Heracross's Megahorn... how cheap is that? :/

579s.png

I will not take them by intoxication

I will not take them by incineration

I will not take them in a sandstorm

I will not take them in a hailstorm

I will not take them from toxic spikes

I will not take them from regular spikes

I do not take residual damage you see

Now let me set up and watch me be!

What annoys me is that most of these look like some 9 year old child drew them and they get away with some made up crazy stat that breaks thresholds, when 130s was good enough, now they troll with 140s and speed tiers designed to troll on old thresholds (111 speed Trololos? Seriously?!)

<rant>You see... most games favour offence over defence. I know Gen II metagame existed and NOTHING would get KOd (a + 2 EQ from Charizard wouldn't OHKO Ampharos, for instance), so they changed this by overhauling the EV system and implementing natures. That was great and all, and Pokemon with high defence such as Cloyster or Steelix weren't broken by any means since they had crippling weaknesses elsewhere. Some were offset by low base HP or something. Then come Gen IV with the addition of attack boosting stuff which made defensive Pokemon having a harder time to find themselves a role. However, it wasn't all too bad; Gen IV's standard metagame was pretty balanced. I mean sure we had 165 attack Rampardos or 140 attack Rhyperior, but they also had very crippling weaknesses that made them able to be dealt with (namely low speed). Now Gen V is what's starting to kill me with the addition of the aforementioned OP Pokemon with sky high stats (Haxorus: superior STAB, attack, speed, and offensive ability than Rhyperior and Rampardos), lack of very exploitable weakness (try to OHKO Conkeldurr without STAB Hurricane or something), and overall cheesiness. Defensive Pokemon really cannot keep up with this; stall game is very rare now. Skarmory's 140 base Defence now looks funny to some Pokemon because Haxorus's + 1 Outrage CAN 2HKO w/ SR... are you serious?! A + 2 can even OHKO Lugia... who is one of the most bulkiest Pokemon in existence :/ </endrant>

Originnaly, I was referring to Gen 5 only. (Not that other pokemon aren't OPd)

And yes, I have noticed a complete lack of good defensive pokemon, when compared to the offensive counterparts.

It has made my strategy rather one dimensional unfortunetly:

Line up move type advantage.

Attack

Attack again

Win!

*sigh*

Perhaps the devs will work on some awesome defense pokemon for G6? Or, even better, the old pokemon stats will be completely re-worked to be in-balance with the new generation.