Did you like the Pokédex?

FLOOTENKERP

Did you like the Pokédex from Fire Red and Leaf Green?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the Pokédex from Fire Red and Leaf Green?

• Yes
    • No

I know. It was their first, but still, try to remember all the joyful moments you had to withdraw someone but had to deposit something and you weren't even allowed to see the Poke. Push B and you have to start all over again. Change boxes and it saves automatically for you. Capture a new Poke and they'll still be injured even in the boxes. :P

I didn't care for the UI of the Fr/Lg Pokedex, either. The Areas section for each Pokemon, in particular, was too static. I also didn't really like the attempts to classify species under headings like "water's edge pokemon", or whatever else. It was a cool game in that it allowed you to capture the original legendaries for the 3rd generation (and 4th, if you count Pal Park), but a lot about the game felt awkward to me. I think they were almost too intent on changing as little as possible, and seemed to be conflicted on the things they did change (Pokeballs get their own section of the bag, but TMs and Berries require the extra hassel of opening a case for them in the key items section first?).

• 1 month later...

Not especially, it wasn't nearly as helpful as the other pokedexes. It tried to put pokemon in classifications that only GF knew about, so, in looking for a pokemon, you spend most of the time trying to find the right classification...

And yeah, the box system from R/B/Y was ugly... remember trying to find TMs in your box? Ech...

• 3 weeks later...

No, I won't go into the details. But I didn't like Fire Red or Leaf Green at ALL. They both were the most epic fail Pokemon games ever. If they really wanted to redo the original Kanto Games they should have done that. To me it seemed completely different, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

~Troy II

• 6 months later...
I thought there were too many pokemon for a RBY remake. I think they shouldve gone with the old school 150, with enhanced graphics and options. I also think it should have been Fire Red and Water Blue. Green never came out in the USA, so why try to fit it in now?

Well, you did play through the regular game with just the original 150. It wouldn't have been a very good game if it hadn't eventually incorporated the remaining 236 Pokemon, though.

Well, you did play through the regular game with just the original 150. It wouldn't have been a very good game if it hadn't eventually incorporated the remaining 236 Pokemon, though.

True, and I thought about that, eventually other pokemon would make their way back into regions like Kanto etc. But for a remake of Red/Blue I personally would rather it have the 150. No offense to your remark though it is a good point.

• 3 weeks later...