Pokémon Black & White Deluxe [v1 released]

Oxnite

This is so much fun. Just beat the bug leader, and my team is Ludicolo, Woobat's evolution, Tepig's evolution, and Clefable

Cool! Thanks a lot for telling me, I'm really interested in all your teams!

Just started playing this rom hack. Pretty awesome so far. What kinds of plans do you have do you have for this game after the Pokemon League?

Here's an idea. What if you were to put another champion inside the beach house with Cynthia, perhaps Steven Stone :D

Change up his team so it's not a bunch of steel and rock types. BAM! Walk into the Undella beach house see both of them, they ask me to battle, I'm like "O-ohh shi-"

People would be so pumped to double battle these guys.

Well, thanks a lot for the compliment!

I already have some ideas for that, but thanks a lot nonetheless! If you don't mind, I would like you all to find out yourselves. =)

I haven't played this hack in a while, but I still remember my team, my team is Servine(I love him and his evolutions), Marshtomp, and Staravia. I'm at the 3th gym and it's kinda hard, because I've got a grass type (weak to bug) and a Water/Ground(weak to grass). My Staravia is pretty much my only hope...

I really like this hack, it's fun to see the changes you made and it's more challenging. I actually don't like the music of b/w because I've played much b/w hacks and I'm tired of hearing the same song every time. Maybe you can make the hack more refreshing by making new music? On Pokémon Community you can find a tutorial on how to insert random music into DS games.

I haven't played this hack in a while, but I still remember my team, my team is Servine(I love him and his evolutions), Marshtomp, and Staravia. I'm at the 3th gym and it's kinda hard, because I've got a grass type (weak to bug) and a Water/Ground(weak to grass). My Staravia is pretty much my only hope...

I really like this hack, it's fun to see the changes you made and it's more challenging. I actually don't like the music of b/w because I've played much b/w hacks and I'm tired of hearing the same song every time. Maybe you can make the hack more refreshing by making new music? On Pokémon Community you can find a tutorial on how to insert random music into DS games.

Yeah, I really would like to do that, but it's quite hard.

I will try to add new music to the game when I have finished the main story. =)

For reinserting music on Pokemon BW is not too hard for me, yeah i used team fail guide on gbatemp and on pokemon community.

yeah the main problem now is :

- resetting instrument on midi (sseq), maybe is most people confused for that part.

and for looping now is easy if you using anvil studio... for editing midi is can on anvil studio too or Flstudio.

anyway i hope this mod is can success as another mod :), i just waiting final version xD i just bored playing HM and another mod xD

anyway onixe you have plan to changing effect on every move ? i mean you have plan to change it? all sprite effect are on a/0/0/6 with spa format xD

Just wanted to give you all a quick update!

A new beta will be released tomorrow, which means about 24h later than this post.

It will have everything playable until the Mistralton Gym and chances are that you can even explore Twist Mountain after it already -- if I find enough time tomorrow to edit.

For reinserting music on Pokemon BW is not too hard for me, yeah i used team fail guide on gbatemp and on pokemon community.

yeah the main problem now is :

- resetting instrument on midi (sseq), maybe is most people confused for that part.

and for looping now is easy if you using anvil studio... for editing midi is can on anvil studio too or Flstudio.

anyway i hope this mod is can success as another mod :), i just waiting final version xD i just bored playing HM and another mod xD

anyway onixe you have plan to changing effect on every move ? i mean you have plan to change it? all sprite effect are on a/0/0/6 with spa format xD

So, actually, you can add music to the hack?

If I may ask, what does ''resetting instrument on midi'' means?

If I would create a music file with Flstudio, could you possibly create a .sseq file of it? I once tried but I never managed to create a .sseq file myself... Or does that take too much time? If you could, that would be amazing.

Final version will be released around Christmas, I hope; or at least it will contain the full story (including Pokémon League).

By effects, do you mean the effect that a move does, or the effect sprites (animations)? Because I'm not about to edit any move because I would like to retain all original Pokémon and attacks.

I am avoiding fighting Clay just to drag this out until the next beta. Added a Teddiursa to my team

Cool! So, new beta tomorrow! Could you tell me your entire team, including levels?

Sure thing. Right now, my team is

Ludicolo lv. 37

Teddiursa Lv. 33

Emboar Lv. 40

Swoobat Lv. 36

Clefable Lv. 39

I am going for a Shellder for number 6, right now at least, its just about finding one in Cold Storage. This is a great game, though it confused some kids on the train today who were watching me play it, who were all "Ludicolo, is that a Fake Pokemon, and I've never even heard of Clefable, does it even exist". this is very enjoyable, going to Cold Storage now. You are a great creator.

Sure thing. Right now, my team is

Ludicolo lv. 37

Teddiursa Lv. 33

Emboar Lv. 40

Swoobat Lv. 36

Clefable Lv. 39

You have two normal types, but swoobat can counter fighting types well so anyway, cool choices of pokémon! How are you actually training your Swoobat?

though it confused some kids on the train today who were watching me play it, who were all "Ludicolo, is that a Fake Pokemon, and I've never even heard of Clefable, does it even exist".

lol, black and white are probably their first pokemon games ever!

Well, I had it at front of party for going through the Forest, with Burgh in mind. That gbot it up quite a bit. ANd I have Amnesia, whichever one raises Sp. Atk and Sp. Def by one stage, Heart Stamp and Air Cutter on it, and its speed is quite good for it. I build it into a Special Tank.

about sseq or another audio format you can check http://gbatemp.net/topic/305167-the-various-audio-formats-of-the-ds/page__hl__sseq__fromsearch__1.

for converting i suggest using a new midi to sseq converter http://gbatemp.net/t301382-ds-code-sseq-player-and-new-mid-to-sseq-converter .

About i can replace DS music, yeah i can. some my success experiment or some practice about some tutorial on net, i always upload on my channel (youtube).

Tools:

- awave studio (is shareware, changing instrument, edit event on midi file)

- anvil studio (for edit/repointer instrument (if not change swar file)), for replacing swar for no i don't know also team fail still research 3D mapping BW. But some tools for reinsert is available on filetrip or another hack forum.

- flstudio (shareware, bad this software no have ability to changing instrument since i don't know how to change on this software xD)

- SSEQ2MIDI (needed)

- MIDI2SSEQ (needed)

- SWAV2SWAR (optional)

i was found many tools for that xD but flstudio + anvil studop + awave studio i used.

EDIT2: i just forgot about VGMTrans xD is just for preview extracted into midi+dls and for analyzing structure of sseq + sbnk + swar

NEW BETA RELEASE 0.6

of0bd4.png

Click here to download

Welcome to the official release of Pokémon White Deluxe: Bèta Version 0.6!

Thanks a lot for being a beta tester!

Please leave any comments, suggestions, errors, bugs and / or other feedback right here.

What's new in Bèta Version 0.6?

----------------------------------------

• This beta version can be played until Icirrus City. You can explore Twist Mountain and everything before it. However, DO NOT enter Route 8 or Dragonspiral Tower yet! Route 8, Dragonspiral Tower and everything ahead of it HAS NOT BEEN EDITED YET.
  • New regions have been updated and can be explored, including: Chargestone Cave, Mistralton City (including Mistralton Gym), Route 7, Twist Mountain and the 6th Gym Badge can be obtained!
  • Several Pokémon locations have been updated.
  • All NPC Trading has been fixed.
  • Many item locations have been edited and/or updated; this way, ALL TMs (except for 6) can be found BEFORE the Pokémon League!
  • The Legendary Pokémon have been edited.
  • Many bugs have been fixed.
  • Slowbro now also evolves if it is being leveled up with a Shellder in your Party!
  • Attention: there seems to be some kind of bug on Route 6, that changes the ''Pokéball Foongus'' into Amoonguss at level 1. This is not intended and should be out at the next beta.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD POKéMON WHITE DELUXE VERSION 0.6!

@ 1O/24/'11 04:18 pm PDT

Looks good. I have a clean Pokémon White rom, but it is telling me that the input checksum is invalid :/. Probably a problem on my end

Are you sure the Pokémon White Rom is completely clean? No EXP patch or something?

Please tell me whether you got it working by now.

Hello everybody.

If you're going to beta test this rom, thanks a lot. I have some questions for you beta testers that I would be glad if they got answered:

- Does Cheren in Nacrene City give out TM Pluck? Is his text correct?

- Can TM Round, Wide Lens and Scope Lens be obtained at the Castelia City Battle Company (the company with all the clerks)?

- Can TM Incinerate be found Outside Pinwheel Forest? If so, could you please explain where exactly (what position)?

- Can TM Struggle Bug be found in Pinwheel Forest, near the end of the long, woody road?

- Outside the Cold Storage, you can normally find the following visible items (in their ''PokéBall item form'' overworld): Ether, Heart Scale and Protein. Is this still true?

- Can TM Embargo be found in Lostlorn Forest? If so, could you please explain where exactly (what position)?

- Does the man in the only house of Anville Town give away TM Dream Eater? Is his text correct (for example, correct sentence-length, etc.)?

- Can TM Psych Up be found on Route 18? And can both DeepSeaTooth and DeepSeaScale be found around there, too? What about a Dragon Scale--in the original game, it can be found around Route 17, but in this game, it should NOT be there.

- On Route 7, when you're standing right in front of the Celestial Tower and walk to the right, there's a dead end with an item. What item can be found there?

- In the Celestial Tower, can the following five items be found: TM Shadow Claw, Cleanse Tag, Spell Tag, TwistedSpoon and TM Ally Switch?

I hope anyone can answer some of these questions with ''Yes!''.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Still not got it working. Completely clean. Its the one I used for the last patch (i.e the one before it got patched)

I presume it accidentally got patched during your latest patching process. Try searching for a new, clean rom.

Edited by Oxnite

I read in the readme of bèta 0.6 that you changed the titlescreen in bèta 0.5. I wonder what you edited because I didn't notice any changes.

I changed the ''Pokémon White Version'' logo into ''Pokémon White Deluxe'', just like how it is in my signature.

Not a big update, but it's still cool if you ask me.

Answering post, to be edited as I go

- Can TM Round, Wide Lens and Scope Lens be obtained at the Castelia City Battle Company (the company with all the clerks)? - Wide Lens (Y), Scope Lens (Y), TM Round - No, a guy talks about it, and sings its praises (literally) but does not give you it

- Can TM Incinerate be found Outside Pinwheel Forest? If so, could you please explain where exactly (what position)? - Find the Two Martial Artists (or runners) near the rock formation at the bottom, and go down the stairs, it is right in front of the stairs.

- Can TM Struggle Bug be found in Pinwheel Forest, near the end of the long, woody road? - Yup, though perhaps "grassy road" is a better description.

- Can TM Embargo be found in Lostlorn Forest? If so, could you please explain where exactly (what position)?

- Does the man in the only house of Anville Town give away TM Dream Eater? Is his text correct (for example, correct sentence-length, etc.)? There are 3 houses in Anville Town. However, his text seems okay, if a bit gramatically dodgy - "But since a few days,

I'm too tired to work because I am

having the strangest nightmares...

Oh! Maybe it works if I give this

item to a strong Trainer like you!

Rose obtained a Rare Candy" - I suppose that we were meant to receive Dream Eater there?

- Can TM Psych Up be found on Route 18?

- On Route 7, when you're standing right in front of the Celestial Tower and walk to the right, there's a dead end with an item. What item can be found there?

- In the Celestial Tower, can the following five items be found: TM Shadow Claw, Cleanse Tag, Spell Tag, TwistedSpoon and TM Ally Switch?

Edited by RobbieNewton

Answering post, to be edited as I go

- Can TM Round, Wide Lens and Scope Lens be obtained at the Castelia City Battle Company (the company with all the clerks)? - Wide Lens (Y), Scope Lens (Y), TM Round - No, a guy talks about it, and sings its praises (literally) but does not give you it

- Can TM Incinerate be found Outside Pinwheel Forest? If so, could you please explain where exactly (what position)? - Find the Two Martial Artists (or runners) near the rock formation at the bottom, and go down the stairs, it is right in front of the stairs.

- Can TM Struggle Bug be found in Pinwheel Forest, near the end of the long, woody road? - Yup, though perhaps "grassy road" is a better description.

- Does the man in the only house of Anville Town give away TM Dream Eater? Is his text correct (for example, correct sentence-length, etc.)?

- Can TM Psych Up be found on Route 18?

Thank you very very much! This really helps a lot!

Uhm, about TM Round.. The singing man, does he actually give an item? If yes, what item?

No, he doesn't give anything. It could be that when you beat him, he gives you an item, but talking to him after defeat, he does not give anything. Conversely, I was able to get the LEnses without any problems.

Are you talking about the Janitor? Is he singing and talking about TM Round? Because, if he does, it was unintended...

However, could you try to talk to the following person: Scientist in the lower-right corner of Battle Company's 47F.

Try talking to him (or her, I'm not sure, actually) and see what (s)he gives you. Thank you.

Yes, that is the man I was talking to, the Scientist. He is singing and talking about TM Round, but does not give anything. Just to further test, I talked to every single person in the building (as I was doing anyway), and then talked to them again, and no TM Round from anyone.

Well, that's quite weird.. Because that Scientist SHOULD give out an item. It's programmed, there's no way I could even have changed that, lol.

I've got to look into this.. But thanks a lot anyway for helping me with my progress, Robbie!

While you're playing, it would be amazing if you could answer some more questions! (I've updated the first post of this page 7 with my original questions, so if you're going to answer more questions, use these as guidelines).