If Two Very Hacked Parents Breed...

Longshot

Will the offspring be considered legit? Here's what I'm thinking:

Give both parents perfect IVs; give the mother the desired Nature and an Everstone; give the father TMs and/or Egg Moves I want the offspring to have.

Now putting all of that together should make a baby with at least two perfect IVs, the right Nature, and desired moves. But will the baby be considered legit? I mean, the baby Pokemon was created within the game, and it wasn't directly touched by PokeSAV or an AR...

What's the verdict?

P.S. Where can I find the Pokemon Database now? Sorry if it's in an obvious location, I'm just a bit confused by the merge with Project Pokemon. Thanks for any and all help.

The baby is not legit, as it was technically created using hacked data (the parents' data).

As long as it has no illegal egg move combinations, it's legal, but not legit.

(Note: An example of an illegal egg move combination is Marill with Aqua Jet and Belly Drum. Both are Marill's egg moves, but no parent can learn both of them, so both moves together would be illegal.)

The baby is not legit, as it was technically created using hacked data (the parents' data).

As long as it has no illegal egg move combinations, it's legal, but not legit.

(Note: An example of an illegal egg move combination is Marill with Aqua Jet and Belly Drum. Both are Marill's egg moves, but no parent can learn both of them, so both moves together would be illegal.)

Well, I guess legal is good enough. But will the baby have all of the trash bytes and stuff like that generated by the game? I can hack a Pokemon that looks legit at face value, but I have trouble with all of the intricate code.

If you get two pokemon, set their stats to maximum values and breed them. Will the egg you get have maximum legal stats or gain stats that makes it illegal?

Thus you can easily create legal pokemon from breeding illegal pokemons (not counting their abilities, only pure stats and no trash bytes). For now I don't know, but if someone does it would be nice to see what they discovered. ;)

This is slightly related, so I wont make a new topic:

“The code below is the IV modifier code. You can choose what IVs you want in each pokemons stats (ones that are wild encounters and ones that you hatch {the ones you hatch don't always have these IVs, but some will}) You fill in the XX's with numbers from 00-1F. From top to bottom the XXs are Hitpoints, attack, defense, speed, special attack, special defense.

12066C9C 000020XX

12066CB2 000020XX

12066CC8 000020XX

12066CDE 000020XX

12066CF4 000020XX

12066D0A 000020XX

If I use this code, and hatch an egg (Thus the egg is 'forced' to have the IVs I want) does this mess up with the hatchlings trash bytes and all that code, hex stuff (Thus is fails hex checks and stuff) or does it pass all types of checks because it was hatched? Will it be acceptable in a 'official nintendo tourney'?

AR isn't forcing it to have those IV's it is changing them lol. That would = hacked.

Also note I've been looking at this for a while, I haven't had the time to figure out if using two hacked pokemon can generate an illegal baby. I don't think it can. I also don't think trash bytes matter for certain cases, I moved over some pokemon from an untouched ruby game, they had invalid trash bytes when I looked at them. Didn't touch the files at all.

Ha, I got 2 different answers. Would it be detectable if you looked at the pokemon's code because the IVs it has overwrote the ingame generated ones?

Hacked parents having a baby doesn't mean hacked baby. Everything is still technically created ingame as its IVs, nature, etc., are not touched by codes. The only way you it would be is if you breed illegal egg moves onto it [belly drum+aqua jet on marill].

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Using hacked parents will not create a detectably hacked baby. Breeding with the IV modifier code on will not create one either.

Neither one is legit in the true sense of the word, though.

This is the issue I was asking about in my thread. It seems there's no consensus yet though. Some people say that the PID won't match the IV values if this code is used, which means the baby pokemon will be easily detected as having been tampered with, right?

Isn't an Egg harder to find out, if it's legal, unless it's those obvious turnouts, like having moves it doesn't learn, or abilities it doesn't possess.

Anywho isn't the term Legal, wait if i recall correctly, Legit is a Pokemon in-game, that is well Legit, and is it that Legal is a Pokemon that is Pokesav generated, but it looks Legal?..... or is it vice versa?

Legit is a Pokemon that hasn't been modified in any way.

Legal means the Pokemon is able to be played online. It could still be hacked, but not obviously so.

Well, at least that's my definition of it.

The difference between legit and legal is nothing but semantics. It's impossible to objectively tell them apart.

As for Teddy's issue, there is no relationship between a hatched Pokemon's PIDs and IVs. Using that code won't cause any trouble.

Likewise, the offspring of hacked Pokemon will always be legal.