Pokemon 3D

steffie2

First, I wasn't sure where to post this. I did look around first. :confused:

Now that the update is out for the 3DS, Nintendo has it's first Pokemon title on it. Best of all, it's free. Least of all, it's somewhat underwhelming.

I played with it a while this morning and I like the look of it, but I felt that I just didn't know what to do with it. The sprites that were in it look great. All of the Pokemon have AR codes which I think is pretty neat. But I have no idea how to transfer my pokedex from my cart into it. Also, it would have been nice to be able to trade Pokemon indexes via wifi with people on my friends list. All I could find was via infrared search transfer.

I hope it holds more promise than I saw at first glance.

From what I understand it's a collection game in itself. Seems you trade between friends, pick them up through the spotpass system, and various AR codes will be posted about who-knows-where for people to collect.

A quick google shows folk have already posted a bunch of the AR codes online.

I think I misunderstood SpotPass. From what I've read now, it looks like it works via wifi when the 3DS is in sleep mode. I guess this is the fist spin-off Pokemon game for the 3DS. Neat, but still seems kind of meh, to me.

I think I misunderstood SpotPass. From what I've read now, it looks like it works via wifi when the 3DS is in sleep mode. I guess this is the fist spin-off Pokemon game for the 3DS. Neat, but still seems kind of meh, to me.

I'm not sure you really need it to be in sleep mode. It will probably sync when you turn the 3DS on. Just open the app when you think it has new spotpass data, and it should load it.

It downloaded 6 legendaries today. But, I thought it was supposed to download one from spotpass too. Maybe tomorrow. TodayI got all the AR codes scanned in. (had the day off from work) Maybe I can start getting some of the pokes downloaded into the game now. I guess it's kind of neat. It seems like it would be kind of hard to get every one including the few gender differents. It's definitely not something I would want to pay for though.

Super Rumble looks pretty cool. Thanks for the tip. I wonder how they're going to work 3D into that. I like the 3DS but I don't use a lot of 3D either. My daughter likes more 3D than me, so it's nice that they put that slider to very the 3D intensity.

Re Pokemon 3D, I got three sent via SpotPass today. I hadn't realized that you needed to scan all the AR codes in before it would start sending you pokes every day. I'm hoping it will be the same tomorrow..