TwistedFatal Black and White Toolbox

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed a glitch with the Stat Editor; you cannot give a Pokemon Teravolt as a Dream World ability, unless I'm missing something here.

this will be fixed in the next release im currently upgrading the stats editor to vb2010 im trying to add the abilty to edit narc

hello, twistedfatal, I´m new here, but, could you tell me if you finished the pokemon w/b attack editor? and where I can get it, please?

i wont be doing the attack editor until iv finished the moveset editor which should be done soon

TwistedFatal, is there any way that your program could be made to work on a ROM that's been previously modded? I would very much like to try out your program, but it seems like a rather big hassle to download a clean ROM, edit it with your program, then rip every single narc that I've touched out of my old ROM and put it into the new one...

This is Really Needed as Aragornbird also pointed out, since it´s troublesome to use the method suggested be Aragornbird everytime you edit somethin previously to using your tools, i got an error message because of that when i was going to use the ingame trade editor since i had previously moded my rom with Netalzero´s Wild Pokemon Editor.

editing narc file is the best for editing on different tools~ because since is change byte (Hex offset+byte location will change!) and added a new byte like pokemon move editor (is can expand more than 20~)~

@twistfatal : you can added a move tutor on you HM/TM editor? :)

Thanks for the tip, i normally do narc file editing but since rom editing is so much faster its easier so i use it sometimes n_n

This is Really Needed as Aragornbird also pointed out, since it´s troublesome to use the method suggested be Aragornbird everytime you edit somethin previously to using your tools, i got an error message because of that when i was going to use the ingame trade editor since i had previously moded my rom with Netalzero´s Wild Pokemon Editor.

the only way i can do this is by adding narc support which im currently learning how to do. i have a method of doing it but it will take a long time. im currently trying to find a faster way tho

editing narc file is the best for editing on different tools~ because since is change byte (Hex offset+byte location will change!) and added a new byte like pokemon move editor (is can expand more than 20~)~

@twistfatal : you can added a move tutor on you HM/TM editor? :)

nah im doing the moveset editor as a new project. in the moveset editor you can edit moveset ovb. move tutors. and egg moves.

im not entirly sure how to extend the moveset tho if you would like to write me a tutorial it would be much appreciated and you would get credits in the final tool :)

the only way i can do this is by adding narc support which im currently learning how to do. i have a method of doing it but it will take a long time. im currently trying to find a faster way tho

nah im doing the moveset editor as a new project. in the moveset editor you can edit moveset ovb. move tutors. and egg moves.

im not entirly sure how to extend the moveset tho if you would like to write me a tutorial it would be much appreciated and you would get credits in the final tool :)

Would asking someone like netalzero or any other a faster way? LOL but i understand anyway its good to learn :) ...On the other hand Egg Move and tutor Moves Editing YAY where the heck are they located if you dont mind me asking?

you know egg move? wow, but i just wondering on move pokemon (level up)

in every move slot is have 4 byte, 2 byte for move id, 1 byte is for level, and 1 byte is for what?

because i was see is on first move is 20?

but i just wondering about swarm pokemon, if is controled some script, like starter pokemon, in my normal compare will not detect it (wew i must used special formula to easy find that as like i found starter pokemon) :/ is will harder to found.... :/

for expanding byte i just used ultraedit to expand on text mode, after done i added 4 byte (abcd), i change to HEX mode so is was added new byte~ (yeah if i have time to test for is not broken another move set pokemon if i expanded it, but is possible because on PPRE is possible expand to 20 (togekiss is only learn 4 move include aura sphere))

if you want expand pokemon move, i think editing narc file is can make easy to added byte than NDS ROM, since it will change byte... so Editing ROM is will broken on size~

Well, I don't care about narc editing right now. What I do care about is correct Max XP numbers.

Example:

Right now it looks like this

Snivy Max XP: 600000

Servine Max XP: 1640000

Serperior Max XP: 1059860

It should be:

Snivy Max XP: 1059860

Servine Max XP: 1059860

Pretty much every Pokemon has the wrong Max XP number.

I don't know why these numbers came out wrong when all the other numbers are fine, but it needs to be fixed.

And sometimes when I manually change the number to the correct one, it gives me Runtime Error '6'. For instance, the program lists Audino as having 1640000 Max XP, but it should only have 800000 Max XP. But changing it to 800000 makes the program crash.

Hi. I downloaded Black and White Stats editor in megaupload.. but it doesn't work? it says some file is missing. And I badly want to edit my in game Blaziken. Where I caught him, and WHEN I caught him. For example, the current place where i caught him is route 1 but i like it Littleroot Town and I caught him on a Winter. Can your tools edit it? Or i'll send over my rom and save file so you yourself can edit it? Thanks. I'll try downloading the others and test it.

Hi. I downloaded Black and White Stats editor in megaupload.. but it doesn't work? it says some file is missing. And I badly want to edit my in game Blaziken. Where I caught him, and WHEN I caught him. For example, the current place where i caught him is route 1 but i like it Littleroot Town and I caught him on a Winter. Can your tools edit it? Or i'll send over my rom and save file so you yourself can edit it? Thanks. I'll try downloading the others and test it.

Just use Pokegen for that.

Well, I don't care about narc editing right now. What I do care about is correct Max XP numbers.

Example:

Right now it looks like this

Snivy Max XP: 600000

Servine Max XP: 1640000

It should be:

Snivy Max XP: 1059860

Servine Max XP: 1059860

Pretty much every Pokemon has the wrong Max XP number.

I don't know why these numbers came out wrong when all the other numbers are fine, but it needs to be fixed.

And sometimes when I manually change the number to the correct one, it gives me Runtime Error '6'. For instance, the program lists Audino as having 1640000 Max XP, but it should only have 800000 Max XP. But changing it to 800000 makes the program crash.

this will be fixed in next release. also i now know how to edit narcs lol with credits to pedro250 and netalzero so il be uploading soon later today.

When i try to open my rom(for example: Black), Trade Aditor says me: Runtime error '380': Invalid Property Value. The rom is clean. Thanks a lot twisted(ah, can i modify the form of your editors? I ate that, and some comboboxes are too little for the name(example: Egg Groups). Thaks anyway.

Edited by IAL32

Oh I forgot to mention that, the trade editor's White version works for both BW but the Black version doesn't at all; it gives the error IAL said about above. Black and White have two differing trades from eachother (the Cottonee/Petilil and the Basculin one) but since the Black one doesn't work, you can only edit the remaining five trades with the White bit. Since Black is broken it's impossible to edit the Cottonee and Red Basculin trade.

tl;dr There's an error with the Black section of the trade tool.

In Black Version(U), only Trade 2 and 3 Works, 1 4 5 give me runtime error. I think the White Version(U) too have this problem(i've not tried it yet). Uh, Black(J)and White(J)works percfectly.

Concerning the first trade in the narc.

Petilil and Cottonee's hex number are both listed twice. One of the trades is Petilil for Cottonee and the other is Cottonee for Petilil. But which is which? And is it the same order for both versions?

Can't wait for the update. I certainly don't want to seriously play test my rom edit if the exp is all messed up, since it would give an incorrect impression of the difficulty.

Thanks for all your hard work, TwistedFatal.

all probs should be fixed now :)

When i try to open my rom(for example: Black), Trade Aditor says me: Runtime error '380': Invalid Property Value. The rom is clean. Thanks a lot twisted(ah, can i modify the form of your editors? I ate that, and some comboboxes are too little for the name(example: Egg Groups). Thaks anyway.

same as above

Oh I forgot to mention that, the trade editor's White version works for both BW but the Black version doesn't at all; it gives the error IAL said about above. Black and White have two differing trades from eachother (the Cottonee/Petilil and the Basculin one) but since the Black one doesn't work, you can only edit the remaining five trades with the White bit. Since Black is broken it's impossible to edit the Cottonee and Red Basculin trade.

tl;dr There's an error with the Black section of the trade tool.

il add narc support for this tool later on today

I guess it must share some of the offsets, though granted I don't know how these tools are actually coded.

For the record, you can hex edit the a/1/6/5 narc if you want to do the trades manually.

thnx for the narc location

An error occurs anytime you edit a pokemon. Tested both narc and rom versions and it lets you edit one pokemon, when you click save and click a new pokemon it says unhandled exception has occurred. If you click continue it just pops up over and over. If you click quit it closes and when you reopen it does save your changes, but this means after each pokemon you need to close the application and reopen it.

Thanks twisted, I like the sleek new interface! But it's so full of bugs that it's practically unuseable (I can't even edit anything without getting an error). :(

I'll put a image of the errors:

picture7en.png

Also when I close the program and open it again, I can't even edit anything. It says the ROM/Narc is being used by another program (this program) even though I already closed it.

Is anyone else getting these errors or is it just me?

Anyways, it's a great program, it just needs debugging.