Kazo's B/W Tools

also that narc is damaged, i am surprised it not causing the game to crash.

Actually, it wasn't damaged per se. I don't know why I didn't spot it earlier, but I when I went to compress the files into a narc, I was storing the filenames. Apparently the game didn't care, but now I make sure to not let it happen again. In short, my new narc does work with your tool. Also, I figured this out a while ago, just wanted to give you the heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

I served a lot of tools. Although you need to update you BW2 or create an editor of initials or stats.

Your BWSE not working. Narc bag from inside the BW2, unzip with Tinke and open the unzipped folder. Eventually the program Bwse tells me:

DsDecmp descompress failed to the file

What I can do? :confused:

The trainer format for B2W2 is identical to BW so BWTE works to an extent, but the names don't correspond, you can't access every single file since there's more than in BW and you won't be able to load files of any of the new trainer classes or the Gym Leaders. It's obviously not built for B2W2 yet (and I suspect Kazo will wait for the English release so he can get the trainer names correct) but it is usable to a degree.

I think I discovered BWSE failure, failure was my computer did not recognize the RGCN and took by. Bin to unzip Tinke so remained in that format, which takes another decompression and change the extension. So the only solution would be for any of you and I come over the 4.narc descompress with Tinke to download.

Please someone pass me try it. :creep:

• 2 weeks later...

So I know that BWOE and BWSE are compatible with B2/W2. I did a lot of sprite editing in B/W for personal use, so I was intrigued. I was wondering if anyone knew what file the overworld sprites and back/front sprites are located for B2/W2, because they aren't located in the same NARCs that the B/W sprites are (which would be /root/a/0/4/9, whereas in B2/W2 this isn't the case). I'd try all of the files, but that's a long and repetitive process, especially since Nitro Explorer can only extract individual files and not complete folders.

Here are some tools I made for B/W ROM hacking.

BWME edits trainer mugshot sprites.

BWOE edits trainer overworld sprites.

BWSE edit front/back trainer battle sprites.

BWTE edits trainers and their Pokemon.

*new*

BWWE edits wild Pokemon encounter tables.

Added narc locations for BWSE and BWOE.

Updated BWOE for B2W2 Support.

Updated BWSE for static sprite support.

*Fixed a bug in BWSE that caused trainer sprites to load as if they where static pokemon sprites.

*Fixed a bug in BWOE that caused the program to not insert new sprites into B2W2 narc correctly.

I`ve discovered the location of the mugshots,I hope it helps!

narc bw 2 = a/2/6/7

• 1 month later...

Hm, so far I've made every tool work except BWME. The portraits in preview have their palletes twisted for some reason..

Everything works well on my R4 so far. (BW)

EDIT: Lol, it worked. I opened it this time with kiwi instead of Nitro explorer. Fuck hell yes.

Thank you Kazo, this is amazing.

Reminds me- In the original BW, there's the issue of the protagonist trainer sprites that appear in the trainer card, the one that appears when you start a new game (White outline), and the one overworld sprite in the save file selection. Any word on those?

EDIT: I was playing today and I noticed, in the ferris wheel event on BW when you find N, the sprite riding it is still the original one. And for some reason it manages to crash my game when a battle starts.

Halp...?

Edited by Reptillian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. After countless attempt at searching (what seems like) the whole World Wide Web and trying on my own, I can't for the life of me make BWSE 2.2 work (for BW2). None of the tutorials online use the latest version, so I'm pretty much stuck. I've gotten to the part where I use Tinke to unpack the desired folder, but (as I believe someone else in this thread mentioned previously) I keep getting the "DSDecmp failed to decompress the file" message each time I press the "Select folder" button.

Where am I failing at this? Any hand-holding step-by-step tutorial would be beyond amazing.

I second that. There is a lot of tutorials for BWSE for changing the backsprite of your character, BUT, this is only for the 1.0 version...and now we have the 2.2 which is completly different, this is troubling me, can someone by any chance post a download link for the 1.0 version of BWSE please ?