Kazo's B/W Tools

Would it be safe to assume that inserting a scripted file into hex (using say notepad) and having it converted by the hex editor would suffice in actually replacing the previous script on the page? so say i script something to occur one time once a character steps onto idk... x 1 y 1 of an overworld location and plug it into the hex editor which converts it to numbers then insert the narc file...would that work?

And also, I have not gotten far on my pokemon black 2 rom because I've been more concerned with learning the code. i was wondering was it possible for someone to upload a ds1 save file that I could use to test scripted events in different areas of the game please? :D

I have a problem, I can't use unanimated sprites on BW2, I've tried replacing the 8 files with the files from BW, and it just crashes here: http://i.snag.gy/CQxwV.jpg I've tried a lot of things, and the only working changes are replacing them with other animated sprites. Help? (The files I'm replacing are 321-328, N, File 40 on BWSE)

Edit: Figured it out ^^

Edited by TiniVi

Okay, now that I've furthered my knowledge in Hex and replaced a few starters, I wanted to try to figure out what is going on with the npce. Is anyone else having issues with game freezes after adding an npc? I was able to move npcs earlier in learning npce, but haven't tried since. When I went to add a new npc to the overworld map, my game would freeze. (I'd be in an outside location and go inside to the place where the npc was added and the game will freeze)

My friend had that issue, it was because he put the wrong information in NPCE, What are you doing exactly? What sprite are you using? Is there any part that you don't get? (Like a slot on NPCE, in which you don't know what to put)

Hmm, I'll try to remember what exactly I did so I can detail it. Basically I opened an overworld to edit, a house at the beginning of the game north of the hero's house. I would go inside that house and open the overworld in the npce. After that I would ADD a new npc and set the coordinates of where i wanted a character to appear, (say...x 1 y 1) and basically clone one of the characters in the room, using their script, facing, and everything but their ID number. I would set a new ID number, 3 in this case since this was the 3rd npc in the room. After that I would reinsert the narc, save outside the house. Reset the rom and enter the house. Each time I enter the house, the game would crash.

from your process description, you're obviously not reinserting the edited overworld file into a narc (or re-building a narc from the files folder). Narcs are essentially uncompressed zip folders. You can't insert an edited file in place of the narc.

The game crashes because it can't find the overworld file. The reason you're able to enter the game is because the current overworld is kept in the save file... so when you load in the game doesn't have to open narcs.

A quick note for BWME BW2 Test: I know it's currently buggy, but I just wanted to know if you could change Hugh's Pallete. Another quick note: Sync Pal seems to mess up the sprites

Hugh's Pallete is 053.rlcn

Edited by TiniVi

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Um, hey! I downloaded the ZIP file/whatever, but Norton removed it, saying it was as threast to my computer. Naturally I freaked out, as I had a family computer die on me thanks to a Trojan. Is this normal? Thanks.

is false-positive. Tool on PP all of them are safe.

Norton, MCAveeee, AVG are crap on default configuration :v better using clamav than that crap AV.

Edited by Andibad

Use Microsoft Security Essentials (in you're on Windows 7). It's free and doesn't give this kind of false positive.

(If you're on Windows 8, you're already covered with Windows Defender, which is basically the same thing.)

• 2 weeks later...

I have added Hilbert and use N info. Although the sprite is Hilbert, the name in the battle is N. I want to change it into Hilbert.

Can anyone help me with this ?

BTW, can someone explain to me how to use BWTE expanded ? I have made extra trainer but I don't know how to add it to the game :(

PPTXT to change text.

Look here for trainer list info: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?29651-BW-B2W2-General-FAQ&p=165199&viewfull=1#post165199

Using Extended: Search this thread->:http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?29170-Adding-New-Trainers-to-List-in-BWTE

Adding: Scripting. I'm assuming you've already watched Kaphotics' video.

Be sure to extend the trainer list if you add a new trainer.

Why is my a/0/0/2-382 in Chinese and boxes ?? Only found Bianca.

is not chinese and boxes. just copy that on a text editor and view that text on hex mode, it will readable if you understand about encrypted text on a/0/0/2. Boxed char is a char not found on your font system or not found on default font list. on PPTXT encoded file as unicode (UTF-8/16) not on ascii char. encrypted text is ascii char.

just see on pp database... for name list. oh yes don't forget to search first ^^, because your question is a common question, and already answered.

• 3 weeks later...