PkMn Mystery Dungeon 2 SAV Editor

evandixon

Do you think that I am faking this? Be honest. I won't black-mail you if you say yes.  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that I am faking this? Be honest. I won't black-mail you if you say yes.

• Yes
    • No
    • I do not want to vote because I am afraid that you will blackmail me If I say Yes.

Thread Closed Until Further Notice.

I do not know how to fix the checksum.

Please see this thread.

---------------------------------

Do you ever in Diamond or Pearl, do something and think to yourself, "I can always change it later. I'll just use PokeSav"? Have you ever done the same in PkMn Mystery Dungeon 2, but then remembered that there ISN'T a SAV editor for it? I have. So, I have decided to make one. This, is easier said then done. First, I have to find a value to change, when there are 262,144 bytes to look at, and at the same time, all the bytes relating to each other are on completely different locations.

----------------------------------

Currently needed:

-Someone to check to see if the SAV for Time and Darkness are the same.

-Time. I could really, really use some time. If only someone could help find wich locations go with wich values, then send them to me (hint, hint).

-Suggestions, to give me some things in particular to look for. Please?

My Current Progress:

-Edit Team Name (Pretty Useless, Isn't it. This can be done in-game)

Why?:Because Nintendo didn't make this easy. If I was anyone else, I would have given up long ago. But, this is testing me. I will not let it win!!!

The latest version can be found at:

http://www.uniquegeeks.net/apps/PMDEOTSavEditor/

V 0.0.0.0:

VERY early stage of development. So early, that I haven't even had time to perfect the GUI.

For those curious, it is being coded in VB.Net.

Is anyone out there?

ANY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS/RESPONSES TO MY HELP REQUEST/ANYTHING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

---------------------------------

Requested Features:

-Inventory

-Mission Edit

-Team Edit

List of people who would be black-mailed because they voted yes, if I didn't say I wouldn't:

-Chase-san

-Friendsxix - claims to have accidentally voted :kikkoman:

-skymin

-----------------------------------

Assistance needed. Please contact me if you are interested. To begin, find what locations store what values. If I do not get any assistance, then it will take forever and a half to finally edit something at all. I change all instances of "Piplup" to "123456", and still, my partner's name is "Piplup"!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------

Sorry if anybody out there is becoming impatient.

I am currently experimenting with ways of finding the values. I suspect that the bits do not line up on the byte perfectly, so I am planning a program to turn bytes into bits and back. Once I finish that, I will publish it here.

Edited by evandixon

Someone to check to see if the SAV for Time and Darkness are the same.

By the same, you mean interchangeable? Because I've been alternating between Time and Darkness using the same .SAV file to collect version exclusive items. I'm not finish the game yet but I wanted to see if I could recruit both Celebi and Mewtwo using this method.

I poked at the the save on an Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team, but in the end not much point to it. In these cases I play the Mystery Dungeons for the story(abiet a lot of grind to get to it, but, it is a pokemon game), if I want my [power gaming/catch them all obsessive] fix i'll hack the other games (like I am now).

I poked at the the save on an Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team, but in the end not much point to it. In these cases I play the Mystery Dungeons for the story(abiet a lot of grind to get to it, but, it is a pokemon game), if I want my [power gaming/catch them all obsessive] fix i'll hack the other games (like I am now).

I wonder how similer Red and Blue's saves are...

• 2 weeks later...

This is a GREAT idea ^^ I assume it's going to have Inventory and Mission Edit :D Also Team edit would be great! It'd be good to have a feature that allows you to change Quicksave Data, like Changing the floor you're on and Changing the Dungeon you're in. Best of luck to you!

EDIT: BTW, Can I make the Team name as long as you want instead of having a limit?

Edited by Friendsxix

Quicksave data will be dificult because there are bytes that I think are either completely random, or some formula to dscourage hacking.

Oh... Well, Inventory is more important :)

Again, I wish the Best of Luck!

(By accident I Clicked "Yes" on the Poll. That vote doesn't count)

Edited by Friendsxix