What am I doing wrong?

Zerole

Hi guys, I'm trying to use Pokegen with NO$GBA and I can't seem to get it working. Here are the steps I'm taking up until the game crashes.

1) Started a new Soul Silver game, picked a starter and saved the file as a .SAV format.

2) The save format is 77 so I used shuny to convert the file to 512 .SAV

3) Opened up the new .SAV file in Pokegen.

4) Edited my starter.

5) Went through the normal steps of creating a Pokemon Egg (Riolu with some moves it normally doesn't learn), set the Happiness/steps to hatch to 0 or 1 (tried both) and left the PID blank. Then generated a code.

6) Inputted the party code that allows Pokemon me to add Pokemon to a slot that's empty, in this case used

94000130 FFFB0000

B2111880 00000000

000000A4 0000000X

D2000000 00000000

where X is 2.

7) This is where I always crash, when I try inputting my code from Pokegen. Before I even activate it with Select the game crashes.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? I've been trying to get it to work for half an hour now.

Uh I think you're wrong, I'm looking at Pokegen right now and it's saying the happiness value is used as steps.

I think I may have found out what was causing me to crash. I was trying to make changes to my Cyndaquil's stats while also creating a Riolu and tried generating a single code for both changes. I tried leaving my Cyndaquil alone and just creating the Riolu and the game didn't crash - am I right to assume this was the problem?

On a slightly different note, the Riolu and it's evolution didn't register in my Pokedex even though I hatched them, was this because I left my PID field blank? I gave them abilities that they'd normally have but gave them new moves.

• 5 weeks later...