Pokemon research

Hidden

Well, I've been wondering lately what makes a wurmple evolve into a cascoon and what makes it evolve into a silcoon. Although I do know that in platinum you can catch both forms and their evolutions I was just wondering for research sake. Most places I've seen have said that it is completely random. However, I am persistent. I do believe that there is a way to guarantee the evolution into either a cascoon or silcoon. So I am calling on all that are willing to join me in the quest to find the answer.

Also if you breed two silcoons together does it guarantee a wurmple which will evolve into a silcoon. Or does it just make a silcoon. I am wondering the same thing about cascoons. I have been performing my own research on it but help would be appreciated.

If you do help try evolving it at different times. Possibly that could effect. Or maybe the level, if you press b you can keep the pokemon from evolving I am not sure if that is permanent though. Plus if a pokemon is holding an everstone it stops the evolution until everstone is removed. Maybe natures have something to do with it.

PLEASE HELP I would like to know the answer

*Could someone tell me if this is in the appropriate place on the forums because I'm not sure.

Hidden
From what I can tell, its completely based on the PID. I will write that into the article later. I added the proper information to Bulbapedia for the time being.

I'm kind of disappointed that you said that considering we have our own wiki :\

Hidden

well what I meant was that it is already up on Bulbapedia. (I didn't just put it up, its been there for a while).

I haven't had time to write the article yet (for the wiki).

I apologize for the misinterpretation. I will get it on the Wiki ASAP.

Hidden
From what I can tell, its completely based on the PID. I will write that into the article later. I added the proper information to Bulbapedia for the time being.

Gasp! Really darn! I thought I could come up with a way to control well....darn!

Ps. When I first read your post I was appalled thinking you helped bulbapedia when you should have helped PP but then I saw it cleared up so now it is all:):)