Archived Sticky: [Emerald | Pal Park | PokeShifter] Ageto Celebi (+111)

Nigoli

Since I'm bit confused here, I'll just ask.

You were able to get a Shiny Ageto Celebi, but you still don't know how the algorithm works, and the game might have Shiny Checks but they were skipped because of something (what Bond said).

Am I understanding it right or missing something?

~Yui

Edited by Yui

Since I'm bit confused here, I'll just ask.

You were able to get a Shiny Ageto Celebi, but you still don't know how the algorithm works, and the game might have Shiny Checks but they were skipped because of something (what Bond said).

Am I understanding it right or missing something?

it's possible they were skipped over, yes. take the shiny prevention in gen 5 for example. there's a single line:

0201878C 2001 mov r0,#0x1

that starts setting up the shiny prevention stuff in white. now let's say i don't know arm(or thumb) very well and in trying to test the shiny prevention, i manage to skip that line. all of a sudden, everyone was wrong and the legends in gen 5 can be shiny.

now considering that we still don't know how the celebi's pid is made, something that should have been noted and figured out when the celebi was generated, it's hard to believe everything was explored properly and the correct conclusions can be made. it's entirely possible that parts of the pidgen routine were skipped entirely OR that the wrong kind of pid was generated for the celebi and no one would know the difference. the best way is a full, documented disassembly.

Well, seeing that I'm quitting Event Trading soon, I might start studying this stuff so I can understand fully everything you guys just said. Hahaha I'd also not feel like a mooch on all you guys' research. I feel bad just waltzing in and saying, "Hey, I'm too lazy to learn for myself, so could you guys tell me if Colo. Pika can be shiny?!" That's how I feel, anyway.

I would love to be able to manipulate the game's coding like that to have a fully legal shiny Victini.

I would love to be able to manipulate the game's coding like that to have a fully legal shiny Victini.
wel, what i did was, since i knew the pid(and thus the shininess) is determined by the random number generator, i set a breakpoint on the upper half of the rng. it would trip whenever the spot with the rng was read or written to. after setting the breakpoint, i spoke to zekrom and 2 seconds later, the breakpoint went off because the rng tried to advance. from there, i just followed along via tracing until the game started doing math to find the pid and see if zek would be shiny. once it finished that math, it tried to run the shiny-prevention and change the pid, but i set the number it uses to zero. that means the pid won;t change and zekrom should be shiny, which it was. :)
~Yui Edited by Yui

Changing the game code is not legal, it's still gives you illegitimate Pokemon that aren't possible (thus not Legal).

There are AR codes that do the anti-shinyprevention now, but this topic is for Celebi!

Yeah, I was talking more about RNGing. I wouldn't think changing/stopping the game from doing what it normally does is legal. Thanks, though! ^_^ Well, that's the end of that discussion!

If I recall correctly, does the Disc distribute to both the GBA and GameCube? Are they both generated differently? Have you been able to manipulate the disc to give you shinies for both? Is it possible for one to receive from one distribution simultaneous shinies to both games?

If I recall correctly, does the Disc distribute to both the GBA and GameCube?
This is correct.

The first one will be transferred to the Colosseum Save, while 48 more of them can be transferred to all Japanese Generation III GBA Cartridges. One per-cartridge.

It has been a long time since I've used my bonus disc, but I believe it's 49 Celebi in total per completed Colosseum save:

1 for the Colosseum save game itself

48 for GBA cartridges (1 per non-flagged save)

Yep.

This is correct.

The first one will be transferred to the Colosseum Save, while 48 more of them can be transferred to all Japanese Generation III GBA Cartridges. One per-cartridge.

Also,

48? O_o So there are 48 Celebi in the game that can be distributed to 48 different GBA cartridges?

Let me rephrase that: no, there aren't 48 celebis already in the game; there are 48 GBA-celebis that can be created. Get what I mean?

Now I'm wondering, is it possible for MATTLE Ho-oh to be shiny?

I kind of want to speculate that it can, considering that Colosseum Pokemon data is set when it's generated within Colosseum, not when it's transferred to GBA. Since other Pokemon in Colosseum have the regular chance of being shiny (same as with handheld games) I would presume Ho-oh is the same.

Edit: as Bond pointed out, as well, they didn't start with shiny checks until Gen 4 (as far as we know, that is).

• 7 years later...
On 20/7/2011 at 18:13, Kaphotics said:

Ya dependiendo de cómo hagas / espere a que el juego te brille, es posible que hayas sobreescrito una bandera o alguna dependencia que impida a los shinies.

Es dudoso, pero estamos 100% seguros antes de llegar a cualquier conclusión.

Hi !
Can you upload Ageto Celebi Shiny .pkm? plz!!