B/W Trainer Editor

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I am waaaay lost. I wanted to do my first Rom Hack and with Pokémon White. But I need a .NARC file of the Rom. I can't transform my .NDS file into a .NARC, because none of my programs work, because they need a .dll file, because it doesn't recognize the Rom, because it needs to be executed with whatever... HELP!

Okay, I am waaaay lost. I wanted to do my first Rom Hack and with Pokémon White. But I need a .NARC file of the Rom. I can't transform my .NDS file into a .NARC, because none of my programs work, because they need a .dll file, because it doesn't recognize the Rom, because it needs to be executed with whatever... HELP!

Err. Okay, firstly

A .narc is a nitro archive inside the .nds. The BW .NDS isn't exactly one big .narc, it's made up of around 234 .narcs (and other files). Each containing separate data.

You're going to have to extract the ROM's filesystem, and then find the .narc containing the info you need. Most of the common stuff (eg, sprites, overworld, script data) is out there, but the vast majority of other narcs have only been partially noted and documented.. I have a sort-of complete list somewhere, I think. Not that it matters, since I presume you're not editing that stuff.

Anyway, use DSBuff or something to extract. It's fairly straightforward.

Good luck!

Can anyone please tell me what are the Unknown Values in the Trainer info (the one at the bottom left) that correspond with each type of battle (rotation, double, etc)?

Is it true that some trainer class are not compatible with some types of battle (lass with doubles for example)?

Can anyone please tell me what are the Unknown Values in the Trainer info (the one at the bottom left) that correspond with each type of battle (rotation, double, etc)?

Is it true that some trainer class are not compatible with some types of battle (lass with doubles for example)?

From what i know, for the unkown values in trainer info:

Triple:135

Rotation:7

Double:129

Oh and im not sure if its different for each individual trainer or just their trainer class but apparently hikers lose text when made into double battle (Tested with Hiker Lois),and as what i hear from previous posts so do the Lass trainer class.

Edited by k1d

• 10 months later...

KazoWar I like you Program so far and Its works Great, Very Easy to understand. And been reading some things here and i think the Unknown Value in the Trainer is the AI, With 0 being the easiest to 7 Being the Hardest. While in Double and Triple Battles uses 128 to 136 (I still checking on that one). I could be wrong tough.

• 1 year later...

Okay I tried changing Alder's Party completely and had their Level's changed, but when I reinserted the data and poke narcs into the ROM, all the Pokemon were at level 1. What did I do? I changed them to around 96-99 to and tried again and they still appeared at level 1.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, tfchris said:

Sorry to bump a dead thread but does anyone here know how to edit the World Tournament NPC's like Red, Blue, Lance etc? I can't seem to find any of them in the data set provided in this tool.

Thanks

iirc its a different file in a different format.

19 hours ago, KazoWAR said:

iirc its a different file in a different format.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you I just have to fiddle around with the trdata and trpoke folders? because the folders arent labelled as names, just numbers so it's a bit confusing.

Edited by tfchris

2 hours ago, tfchris said:

Thanks for the reply.

Do you I just have to fiddle around with the trdata and trpoke folders? because the folders arent labelled as names, just numbers so it's a bit confusing.

refer to the following thread for NARC locations:

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/22629-b2w2-general-rom-info/

the pastebin has references to pwt files :)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

hello guys, I need your help when I make new narc files, they make 282 Mo (for trdata) and 515 Mo (for trpoke), my ROM make more than 1 Go after reinsertion, and simply doesn't start.

I use pokemon black 2.

I hope you can help me (sorry for my bad english)

• 9 months later...

Hello guys if anyone is still here i need your help for pokemon black 2. I edited gym leaders Colress (second battle excluding pwt), Ghetsis, Elite 4 and Iris.
When I recreate the .narc files to reinsert, trdata is 2332 Ko and trpoke is 4663 Ko (initially 23ko and 27 ko). After i reinsert them, when i try the game from the beginning. When I have to fight, Hugh for the first time (first battle in the game), the game do the regular trainer intro instead of using his vs sprite and then the game crash and I'm totally clueless.
I hope someone will be able to help me. Sorry for my bad english.
Edit: now i have the same problem as C0re except it's 524Mo for trdata and 1Go for trpoke

Edited by Pmu
different problem with same ending

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Recently did some editing of trainers using these tools, and it seemed to work ok, until it really just did not. It seems that adding pokemon to trainers or applying the nature hack for me sets the trainers levels incorectly. Example, Cheren and changed his Lilipup to a lv 15 pidove with and adamant nature. The result? A lv6 Pidove. Everything exept the levels seem to be correct, but this is clearly a big problem. Any ideas what could have gone wring?

Kind regards

www263

On 4/7/2011 at 2:06 AM, geoalpha said:

Not completely true; I'm working on a hack and I've been documenting all the changes and discoveries I'm making. What you described only happens when a trainer class is not compatable with a battle type, e.g. Lass with Double Battle. Some trainers work completely fine with Double Battles. The 1st gym leader (trio), for instance, can work properly with Double Battles.

The reason it works is because it specifically requires you to talk to the gym leader, whilst the regular trainers force you into one when passing by. When you talk to a regular trainer, it ignores dialogue but the battle happens, so I'm unsure about that. One thing I do realize though is that the AI is a bit weird, since in double battles, the enemies will occassionally attack each other. Why? I'm trying to look for an answer as to why but if any of you find out why then please tell.

Edited by Fricka

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

need some help with this i extracted the narc files for b2w2 but when i try to edit it it has an error

and i have both files in same location please any help

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '82' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at BWTE.Form1.Readtrdata()
   at BWTE.Form1.comboBox_TrainerID_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9139.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BWTE
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/d%20drive%20files/pokemon%20rom%20edit/BWTE/BWTE%202.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9075.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9032.0 built by: NET481REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.