FRLG RSE - Toysrus Mew Distribution GBA Cart

Twig

If X D really removes trash bytes, I'd say with the information available now, it would be far more interesting to get working (open source) code that allows to reconstruct gen 3 event pokémon as pkm files, and I'm not talking about mew, but all those other events that share the generation code. Of course every single person will have his own view on the "legality" terms, for me that would only be acceptable if we are sure they are correctly generated. I myself don't have that much interest in having the event pokémon or moving them onto further generations, but I think it would be a nice option for anyone wanting to get those event pokémon in conditions similar to distribution (ramdom, but somewhat legit). Of course, this is just my point of view and I'm only stating it because it's something I'd like to see as a reality at some point.

There's always HaxHaras and InsaneNutter's project for those who want the most "pure" version of the event pokémon.

3 minutes ago, suloku said:

If X D really removes trash bytes, I'd say with the information available now, it would be far more interesting to get working (open source) code that allows to reconstruct gen 3 event pokémon as pkm files, and I'm not talking about mew, but all those other events that share the generation code. Of course every single person will have his own view on the "legality" terms, for me that would only be acceptable if we are sure they are correctly generated. I myself don't have that much interest in having the event pokémon or moving them onto further generations, but I think it would be a nice option for anyone wanting to get those event pokémon in conditions similar to distribution (ramdom, but somewhat legit). Of course, this is just my point of view and I'm only stating it because it's something I'd like to see as a reality at some point.

There's always HaxHaras and InsaneNutter's project for those who want the most "pure" version of the event pokémon.

There's also the option to modify the 10ANNIV ROM so it distributes the events that have that same generation method. I'd be perfectly fine with that.

Edited by Invader TAK
  • Like 1

That would be fun to have integrated in the Gen. III Mystery Gift tool. :P

Load save, select event Pokémon, program generates it in the same way the official distro did, and then it gets added to party.

On 12/17/2016 at 8:18 AM, ajxpk said:

Sorry, I found the error.
It was my Tool. Looks like it has some issues with files starting with 0.
So some PIDs couldn't be recognized. Anyway... Thanks to @BlackShark for pointing this out.
I haven't checked much further since these are a lot of files but all 399 Mews seem to be fine! :)
I will upload them soon.

MYSTRY MEWs.zip

What format are these in? The files say .pk3. But I was trying to inject them into a single Fire Red save and I can't do it. I tried A-save, I tried the Colosseum and XD: Editor and I even tried Pokegen and none of them work. 

Just now, HaxAras said:

What format are these in? The files say .pk3. But I was trying to inject them into a single Fire Red save and I can't do it. I tried A-save, I tried the Colosseum and XD: Editor and I even tried Pokegen and none of them work. 

Use PKHeX

1 minute ago, Deoxyz said:

Use PKHeX

That doesn't work either. I tried to open a Fire Red save and when I load up the folder that my saves/Pokemon are in: It's empty. No saves and no Pokemon files. I have no means of backing up gen 4, 5 or 6 saves so PKHeX is worthless to me.

I can at least use R4's for gen 4-5. Barely.

Spoiler

Mine freezes constantly for no reason.The admin of the website that sold it to me said to get a new SD card. It's only 6 months old, I bought it for the R4 when my other SD cards didn't work. What? Am I supposed to buy a new R4 every 3 months? Yeah, it's kinda un-related but that's been pissing me off.

9 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

That doesn't work either. I tried to open a Fire Red save and when I load up the folder that my saves/Pokemon are in: It's empty. No saves and no Pokemon files. I have no means of backing up gen 4, 5 or 6 saves so PKHeX is worthless to me.

I can at least use R4's for gen 4-5. Barely.

Reveal hidden contents

Mine freezes constantly for no reason.The admin of the website that sold it to me said to get a new SD card. It's only 6 months old, I bought it for the R4 when my other SD cards didn't work. What? Am I supposed to buy a new R4 every 3 months? Yeah, it's kinda un-related but that's been pissing me off.

Make sure you have the current version of PKHeX and not one that's really outdated. Also, make sure the dropdown menu next to the file name when you're selecting your save says "All Files" or "All File Types" etc. If you're still having trouble I can try and help you troubleshoot via PM, because it works for me.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

Make sure you have the current version of PKHeX and not one that's really outdated. Also, make sure the dropdown menu next to the file name when you're selecting your save says "All Files" or "All File Types" etc. If you're still having trouble I can try and help you troubleshoot via PM, because it works for me.

Worked like a charm, thanks!

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, King Impoleon said:

The Move Tutor is in every game

in Sun Moon inside the Pokémon Center on Mt.Lanakila (Pokemon League)

I meant the Move Tutor Mew with Soft-Boiled and Body Slam. It can only learn these moves in generation III.

16 hours ago, ddhelmet said:

I meant the Move Tutor Mew with Soft-Boiled and Body Slam. It can only learn these moves in generation III.

The moves will transfer just fine. At least until gen 6. I'm not sure how royally screwed up GameFreak did gen 7. 

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, zeropain said:

I have found one save file on another forum posted by @Invader TAK with a Mystery Mew (did you obtained this from someone or did you went to the event yourself?). That Mystery Mew in that save is not present in the Mystery Mew distribution save. I know we dont have all of the Mystery Mews (420), but could this be one of the missing ones?

I attached the Mew file:

151 - MEW Serious.pk3

I've uploaded a bunch of Mews to here,
is this mew not in there?

Really? I had one of the missing Mews all along? Holy crap, I'm GLAD I had the foresight to back it up UNTOUCHED (thank you, GBA Action Replay!). Plus it looks like Emerald's cloning glitch preserves trash bytes, which is good to know considering I ABUSED that glitch back in the day. And yes, I did get it from the event myself.

Edited by Invader TAK
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

As an update to this, I cross referenced the seeds with the positions.  It looks like the last set only has 4 pokemon in it.  This also means the first set starts in position 2 (row 2, column 1).  The pokemon are generated vertically in batches of 5 as I previously stated.  So we can only extrapolate 419/426.  No idea if the 5th in the last set was in the party, or looped back around as the first one.  Otherwise there could be up to 426 total mews, of which only 419 can be determined.

• Like 2