Pokegen - Newbie Requesting Help

Zerole

Hi guys, I just got a hold of Pokemon SS and I was hoping I could get some help on making my team. I've read some of the FAQ and guides but I'm still confused about a couple things.

To begin, I just want to say that the goal of this is just to make my desired team and play the game all the way through so I don't have to worry about all the legality problems of facing other people (I.E. impossible movesets + 255 in all EVs). Anyway, below are some really specific and a few obvious (admittedly) questions I was hoping you guys could answer.

1) I'm trying to edit my entire party, when is the earliest that I can do this? I just tried replacing my Cyndaquil with a Dratini Egg as soon as I left Elm's lab and the game crashed but I don't know if this was a result of not having an actual Pokemon in the party or bad coding (entirely possible).

2) I was going to hatch my entire party from Eggs, but if I code it so that the Eggs are holding an item (Shell Bell specifically) will this mess things up? The last game I played was Gold/Silver and back then Eggs couldn't hold items.

3) What information can I ignore in Pokegen if I can choose to hatch my Pokemon from an Egg? For example, will the hatched Pokemon automatically obtain my Trainer/Secret IDs?

Thanks.

1) No actual Pokemon in your party.

2)Make them as eggs, hatch them, then give them items.

3)You can ignore experience, fateful encounter, and extra bytes.

Regarding TID/SID: if they don't, just open your save and edit them again, so that they do.

Edited by Delta Blast Burn
clarificatinon and some typos

Thanks, I managed to get it working for the most part but I'm running into a small problem. For example, if I have my starter Pokemon in Party slot #1, it seems like Pokegen won't let me start editing/adding a Pokemon to slot #2?

No I mean, I don't need or want to use Pokegen on slot #1 because I already have a Pokemon there, is there a way that I can just edit slot #2 and so on? Or am I forced to edit everything?

I read the Pokegen FAQ and I know you can't edit for example, slots #3 and #5 without having a Pokemon in #1, 2, and 4.

The problem is it won't let me right click the slot #2 until I've added data for slot #1 but I don't want to change anything about slot #1.

On a slightly different note, is there anyway I can reduce the amount of egg cycles/steps if I choose to create an Egg? I looked everywhere but I'm not seeing any option.