PID and Abilities?

xtakeda

Hello Um I wanted to make a quick question about PID and ability matching and if it affects access into Random Wifi.

I wanted to know what pokesite to use for the Ability selection in the PID generator.

For example Roobushin

In PokePsy http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/534/general

His abilities are Encourage Guts and Iron fist So I would assume Encourge would be 1 and guts would be 2. But how about Iron fist? In the PID Generator there is only 1 and 2.

While in Marriland and Serebii

http://pokemon.marriland.com/black_w...kedex/rohbshin

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/534.shtml

The order is Guts then encourage and iron fist. So in this case Guts should be ability 1 in the PID generator.

So I am asking if choosing the Ability number and not having a matching Ability cause me to get dc'd from Wifi After I edit the ability since I am not sure how I would make a Guts Roobushin.

Or do I just generate a PID for The IV's and it will cause no problem what ability I choose aslong as it is a valid ability.

so long as the poke is supposed to have the ability, random wifi doesn't care whether or not it has ability 1 and should have 2 or vice-versa. for example, if guts is ability 1 and encourage is 2, then even PIDs should only give guts and odd PIDs should only give encourage. the game doesn't check for this, though, so you could have an even PID with either ability.

also, i've found that serebii tends to be trustworthy for ability order.

DW abilities can be used regardless of whether the PID is even or odd, but the poke MUST be available in the DW. if the poke isn't, having the DW ability will get it disqualified.

so long as the poke is supposed to have the ability, random wifi doesn't care whether or not it has ability 1 and should have 2 or vice-versa. for example, if guts is ability 1 and encourage is 2, then even PIDs should only give guts and odd PIDs should only give encourage. the game doesn't check for this, though, so you could have an even PID with either ability.

also, i've found that serebii tends to be trustworthy for ability order.

DW abilities can be used regardless of whether the PID is even or odd, but the poke MUST be available in the DW. if the poke isn't, having the DW ability will get it disqualified.

Hm so what does wifi check for cause any change I have done to the pokes gets me kicked from wifi.

I left everything alone I just bumped the levels up to 50 and changed the abilities like for example I changed Erufunn from slipthrough to mischievous heart. Erufuun still gets this ability so their shouldn't be a problem. Also I even tried lowering my pokes to level 49 and giving them rare candies for level 50 but same thing happens. I dc at the trainer card/ win loss record card.

maybe nintendo changed their filtering? not sure, i'll test tonight after work. either way, i don't think nintendo ever checks the PID, so abilities should still work.

i posted a link in your other topic to exactly what does and doesn't work on wifi. if you're changing level and getting rejected, it sounds like that's on your end somehow because that will never happen. the filtering doesn't know the difference between a lv 100 poke trained up normally, one set to 100 w/ pokegen, or a poke trained to 100 via the AR exp multiplier.

if you have a save where you changed stuff and it doesn't work again, post it.

maybe nintendo changed their filtering? not sure, i'll test tonight after work. either way, i don't think nintendo ever checks the PID, so abilities should still work.

Yesterday I created a team for Random Wi-Fi Battles, following the guidelines of the tutorial you posted; it passed Nintendo's legality check, though I left the PID untouched through all the PKM editing process.

Maybe xtakeda's team is rejected because of incorrect movesets?

On a different note, will it be difficult to find the correct Gen. V PID calculation formula, and implement it in PokéGen?

On a different note, will it be difficult to find the correct Gen. V PID calculation formula, and implement it in PokéGen?

It's sort of difficult to find it, sometimes. Implementing it isn't hard. However, I won't be the one to find the formula as I think the whole PID concept is community paranoia and OCD. Come on... Nintendo doesn't even check them, so what difference does it make?

Hm well I used a save file that bond697 fixed for me but I had to go in their to change levels and abilities. Nothing else was changed but I wasn't allowed back in. The last reply I got from him was this.

"nothing looks wrong at first glance, but something is definitely screwed up. pokegen won't allow more than 8 chars for nicknames+trash bytes in your save while the actual nick+trash total should be 11."

So Im stuck for now wondering why my pokegen is messed up even after I re downloaded a clean pokegen

pokegen won't allow more than 8 chars for nicknames+trash bytes in your save while the actual nick+trash total should be 11."

The trainer name is limited to 8 characters. Pokemon names are limited to 11. This is a game-imposed restriction, not one I've chosen.

The trainer name is limited to 8 characters. Pokemon names are limited to 11. This is a game-imposed restriction, not one I've chosen.

right, poke names should go to 11, but pokegen would only allow me to input 8 including trash bytes for the pokes. i think it's something with his save, but i don't know what. a few if the pokes had 5-character names and after that all i could get in the box was \FFFF\0000\FFFF before pokegen wouldn't allow anymore.

It's sort of difficult to find it, sometimes. Implementing it isn't hard. However, I won't be the one to find the formula as I think the whole PID concept is community paranoia and OCD. Come on... Nintendo doesn't even check them, so what difference does it make?

yep it's OCD

The PID generation method for gen 5 is a little unconventional, but it's no longer an IVPID relation. It's an NPID relation now. Since "initial seeds" are 8 bytes instead of 4, only the upper half of the seed is taken for PID calculation. All it is is XOR'd with some constant depending on the Pokemon.

Nature is generated in the previous call in the RNG. I'm not 100% sure with a formula for each because there are many different methods (Egg, Wondercard, Wild, Zoroark, Reshiram, Legends) in which the nature is most likely generated on a different call (Eggs and wondercards are different). The RNG is still getting ironed out :)

are you sure that's the same save? i can't get it to happen again.

Yup thats the original save the one you orignally fixed. I'll send over the one I have right now.

This is the most recent one and its the one I think you found the error in.

You fixed this one but then I changed its levels and anything that was fixed errored again causing me to dc after the win/loss record card.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qgcqrunemktwy0a

The Save

it's not worth wasting time changing the save anymore.

i would catch new pokes and DON'T touch the PIDs, just mark them as hatched and change the movesets to what you want. just release or delete the ones you have now and write them off as screwed up.

from the thread:

to quickly get a pokemon up and ready for battle: check off the "egg hatched" box and change the "level met" to 1. set the ball to a poke ball and change the IVs to whatever you want. don't change the PID. this has worked for me 100% of the time. this way you use egg moves, tutor moves, etc with no problem. i didn't think i needed to say it, but yes, nature too. moves, whatever. anything learnable is fine.

it's not worth wasting time changing the save anymore.

i would catch new pokes and DON'T touch the PIDs, just mark them as hatched and change the movesets to what you want. just release or delete the ones you have now and write them off as screwed up.

from the thread:

to quickly get a pokemon up and ready for battle: check off the "egg hatched" box and change the "level met" to 1. set the ball to a poke ball and change the IVs to whatever you want. don't change the PID. this has worked for me 100% of the time. this way you use egg moves, tutor moves, etc with no problem. i didn't think i needed to say it, but yes, nature too. moves, whatever. anything learnable is fine.

Ahh Alright thanks for all the time you put in tho!

But one thing? My save wont start being Psycho again right?

Or should I just start a fresh save altogether since im not that far in but I wonder if I delete the save and start over fresh If I would need to reregister on PokemonGL

Oh and last thing The names. Should I leave them alone in the pokegen box or delete it and let the game outfill the name in Japanese?

the names need to be in japanese. you can rename them at the name rater in hiun. you shouldn't need to delete your save, at least.

Hey Thanks again for all the help you provided.

I know you didn't have to keep helping me but it was greatly appreciated. And Wifi works for me now Ill just edit caught pokemon from now on instead of trying to make them from scratch.

And yup the namerater did the trick for me since I caught new pokes and edited them but they didnt work for me then I changed there names and it works now.