Event: Mew to be Distributed Via Wi-Fi

NewsBot

• Bot

Article Posted by <a href="/forums/member.php?25">randomspot555</a>: <a href="/news/259/Mew to be Distributed Via Wi-Fi">Mew to be Distributed Via Wi-Fi</a><p>

<a href="http://kotaku.com/5661870/the-original-secret-pokemon-returns">Kotaku</a> is reporting that an event Mew will be distributed via Wi-Fi from October 15th until October 30th.  The Mew will come in a Cherish Ball and have a Premiere Ribbon.  It also says this Wi-Fi distribution will be limited to Pok<span style="font-size: 16px;"><small>é</small></span>mon H<span style="font-size: 12px;">e</span>artGold and Soul Silver.</p>

<p>

<br />

This is likely the English release of the Japanese 10th Anniversary Mew that was distributed shortly after HeartGold and Soul Silver's Japanese release.</p>

Sweet, I just downloaded it. It's perfectly as described in the OP. I'm a bit bummed because Nintendo wasn't supposed to give more than one Mew out. Ever. They distributed one about 5/6 years ago at Toys R Us across the US. I still have that Mew today! :D

They've given out tons of Mews since Gen III started. There were several events during Gen III and 4. Mew is extremely easy to access in 4th gen if you have D/P, a Wii, and Pokemon Ranch.

Only noticed this event yesterday, and couldn't download it via wifi at that moment. I kinda hoped it was until the 31st, but alas.

Anyone caught the number of that truck (read: has the wondercard file)? Didn't notice it in the event-download section ...

Edit:

Found it (pcd, pgt and pkm), can't remember which one I need, but I know it's one of those other two. ;)

Mew event file:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?5164-Event-Contribution-Collection&p=101421&viewfull=1#post101421

I guess I was being a bit spoiled thinking it would be on the download-part of the site yet (or they aren't legal (-checked) yet). Oh well, maybe it will help another lost soul. :D

Only noticed this event yesterday, and couldn't download it via wifi at that moment. I kinda hoped it was until the 31st, but alas.

Anyone caught the number of that truck (read: has the wondercard file)? Didn't notice it in the event-download section ...

Edit:

Found it (pcd, pgt and pkm), can't remember which one I need, but I know it's one of those other two. ;)

Mew event file:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?5164-Event-Contribution-Collection&p=101421&viewfull=1#post101421

I guess I was being a bit spoiled thinking it would be on the download-part of the site yet (or they aren't legal (-checked) yet). Oh well, maybe it will help another lost soul. :D

is there anyway i can put this downloaded mew onto my pokemon ruby? if not how do i add it to my pokemon soul silver? i missed the deadline :(

is there anyway i can put this downloaded mew onto my pokemon ruby? if not how do i add it to my pokemon soul silver? i missed the deadline :(

Ruby is a Gen III game and has no way to connect to Wi-Fi.

If you want a Mew, either check out the sendpkm.exe program, or get an AR or flash card. Do a browse of the forums in the Game Mechanics and Research csection.

• 1 month later...